PDA

View Full Version : Something readable from ESPN?!

0o0o0
04-07-2006, 01:09 AM
I know we all hate ESPN because they hate us and blah blah blah but this DJ Gallo from the Page 2 section of their website is pretty damn funny. This is his day-by-day preview of the MLB season. Quite the good read.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060403_april

gbergman
04-07-2006, 06:22 PM
July 22 -- While the Cubs have a scheduled off-day, White Sox starter Mark Buehrle pitches a perfect game against the Rangers, but it's not enough to get the White Sox their first-ever appearance on the front page of the Chicago sports sections.
By DJ Gallo
Special to Page 2

lol so true

RealMenWearBlack
04-07-2006, 08:53 PM
May 19 -- With the Cubs visiting U.S. Cellular Field to play an interleague series against the White Sox, the defending champs get their first home sellout of the season.

:angry:
Did they think Opening Night wouldn't be sold out?

Chisox1500
04-08-2006, 07:22 PM
That "column" or comedy piece is hackneyed drivel.

itsnotrequired
04-08-2006, 07:24 PM
That "column" or comedy piece is hackneyed drivel.

Page 2, my man, Page 2...

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-09-2006, 09:40 AM
Your thread title is, "Something readable from ESPN"...

Was it a link to WSI?

SOXSINCE'70
04-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Your thread title is, "Something readable from ESPN"...

"Yet another stupid article from the Crap Cities Cable Co."
might have been a better title.:angry:

0o0o0
04-09-2006, 11:50 PM
"Yet another stupid article from the Crap Cities Cable Co."
might have been a better title.:angry:
So did you refuse to watch the game on opening night? This whole anti-espn thing is really lame.

lumpyspun
04-10-2006, 12:08 AM
So did you refuse to watch the game on opening night? This whole anti-espn thing is really lame.

It's impossible to avoid ESPN, but it's not impossible to avoid Page 2. I refuse to read or even click on it so they may think I have read it. I view Page 2 as a gathering place for mediocre writers who just happen to be sports fans. Their ring leader, Bill Simmons, is way too arrogant for me and I could care less reading his stories about the Patriots and the Red Sox.

0o0o0
04-10-2006, 12:33 AM
It's impossible to avoid ESPN, but it's not impossible to avoid Page 2. I refuse to read or even click on it so they may think I have read it. I view Page 2 as a gathering place for mediocre writers who just happen to be sports fans. Their ring leader, Bill Simmons, is way too arrogant for me and I could care less reading his stories about the Patriots and the Red Sox.
:rolleyes: I just take it for what it's worth man.
As far as Bill Simmons goes, I don't really know much about him but if you say he's all about Boston then I'll just take your word for it and steer clear.

SOXSINCE'70
04-10-2006, 07:34 AM
So did you refuse to watch the game on opening night?

No,I was at the game opening night.
But ESPN still sucks and I rarely watch it anyway.:angry:

WizardsofOzzie
04-10-2006, 06:44 PM
I know we all hate ESPN because they hate us and blah blah blah but this DJ Gallo from the Page 2 section of their website is pretty damn funny. This is his day-by-day preview of the MLB season. Quite the good read.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=gallo/060403_april

Hey, i thought it was pretty damn funny