PDA

View Full Version : Nostradamus in Minneapolis

Nellie_Fox
04-06-2006, 11:55 PM
Yesterday morning on KFAN, Dan "the Common Man" Cole, in a rare moment of actually talking about sports on the Twin Cities' only sports talk station (he usually talks politics all day and refuses to talk about sports), was talking about Radke's usual first-inning struggles.

He said he was going to predict that in that night's game, at 6:20 PM Central Time, Brad Radke would give up a two-run homer to Troy Glaus.

I'm told that later that evening, Glaus's two-run shot came at 6:20:45 PM.

ma-gaga
04-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Yesterday morning on KFAN, Dan "the Common Man" Cole, in a rare moment of actually talking about sports on the Twin Cities' only sports talk station (he usually talks politics all day and refuses to talk about sports), was talking about Radke's usual first-inning struggles.

He said he was going to predict that in that night's game, at 6:20 PM Central Time, Brad Radke would give up a two-run homer to Troy Glaus.

I'm told that later that evening, Glaus's two-run shot came at 6:20:45 PM.

'Common' is pretty funny. But the KFAN group is kind of predictable. The Mike Morris Morning show, and PA and Dubay shows are "cheerleader" in nature. Very positive, and very Vikings oriented. Common Man, and Dan Barrerio are very negative shows that deal with politics for 60-70% of their show and actual sports the other time.

I think the Chad Hartman show is somewhere in between. It's the one show I don't get to hear at ALL. I just cannot be at a radio at that time.

It's a good station, but the more and more I listen to it, the less and less I get out of it.

:cool: