PDA

View Full Version : Gagne Hurt Again

PKalltheway
04-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Eric Gagne is hurt again! Could this be the beginning of the end for him? :(: Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2399907

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
Man....this guy can't catch a break.

Flight #24
04-06-2006, 08:35 PM
REMOVE a nerve? That can't be good.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-06-2006, 08:40 PM
REMOVE a nerve? That can't be good.

I saw that too...the same nerve they MOVED last year....yikes. :o:

NonetheLoaiza
04-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Man, always hurt, huh...

Gagne mentioned in that book too?

SouthSide_HitMen
04-06-2006, 11:29 PM
I officially hate Eric Gagne. He said he was fine during spring training but either he or the Dodgers were lying because he now says he had pain all spring training.

I had him in three fantasy leagues. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Honesty, such a lonely word
Everyone is so untrue
Honesty, is hardly ever heard
But mostly what I need from you

daveeym
04-07-2006, 11:33 AM
I saw that too...the same nerve they MOVED last year....yikes. :o:He had Tommy John surgery correct? I've had the surgery and moving the nerve is par for the course for the surgery. They take your ulnar nerve (funny bone) and basically move it to the top (other side) of your arm. So if you stood with your arm out and palm facing up they run it down the side of your bicep, up on the top rather than bottom of the elbow. It's done so there's no complication with the scarring that occurs from the surgery and the nerve won't be in the area that is healing and regrowing the ligament. It's great for party tricks though since my funny bone is now in my bicep.

Seriously though, the nerve is the number one concern when having the surgery, if they're removing it, rather than moving it, I gotta imagine his career is over.

Lip Man 1
04-07-2006, 05:51 PM
Dan Patrick today had an interesting comment about this. Gagne was a failed starting pitcher who 'suddenly' picked up ten miles or more on his fastball, had a sensational few seasons, then started to fall apart physically.

Dan said it was the classic profile of a steroid user.

Lip