PDA

View Full Version : Mlb 2k6

Beautox
04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
i picked it up on the 4th and haven't really had time to play it. What does everyone think of the swing stick? Does anyone have a list of the songs for all the players on the sox so that i might make my 2k6 a little bit more real? Even though thats kinda hard considering the work they put into this game. My only complaint is no drag bunting.

gregoriop
04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
i'm waiting on the 360 version to come out in a couple weeks. we just got the ps2 and xbox versions in at work today.

ewokpelts
04-06-2006, 09:35 PM
Exclusive cheat codes avaialble through 2006 topps packs.

lizard6king6
04-07-2006, 01:14 AM
i'm waiting on the 360 version to come out in a couple weeks. we just got the ps2 and xbox versions in at work today.

If you go to the gamestop website it says it coming out the 10th of this month for 360. For me Im waiting for gamecube, which the release date is still the 24th :( I hvae heard mixed reviews of the game so far but Ill judge for myself.

nedlug
04-07-2006, 01:42 AM
The gameplay is pretty sweet - Jim Thome is a bad mother on there - I've played two games and he's hit 3 HRs.

Also, Boone is apparently some guy named Brent something or other. Lefty, probably meant to be Logan. Also, Baj is on there and not Thornton or McCarthy(!?).

I need to get used to the gameplay, but it's definitely harder to place pitches. Also, the pitcher stamina goes down more quickly than in previous games I've played. The franchise mode has an option of "smart comp IQ" that adjusts its gameplay to how you're playing against it. Fielding is more difficult - real physics come into action with player collisions, switching directions, etc.

Overall, first couple of game impression - more difficult gameplay, will take a bit to get used to. Graphics - eh.

IspepAloc
04-07-2006, 10:42 AM
Graphics on 2k6 make MLB 06 graphics look like Next Gen. Pitched a 2-0 CG shutout with Buerhle on the first game, but still haven't quite figured out the swing stick. I'm so used to just using a button to time the pitch.

lizard6king6
04-07-2006, 11:18 AM
Also, Boone is apparently some guy named Brent something or other. Lefty, probably meant to be Logan. Also, Baj is on there and not Thornton or McCarthy(!?).

You can can create players and change players names right???

Sox-on-TV44
04-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Are there any throwbacks in this game?(i.e. Uniforms,Stadiums,etc.)

I'm hoping Old Comiskey will finally get it's due!!!

IspepAloc
04-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Are there any throwbacks in this game?(i.e. Uniforms,Stadiums,etc.)

I'm hoping Old Comiskey will finally get it's due!!!

I noticed throwback jerseys, but not sure on stadiums.

nedlug
04-07-2006, 02:40 PM
You can can create players and change players names right???

Yeah, pretty sure. Any game without that feature nowadays is garbage.