PDA

View Full Version : Sox seem ready to get on with the season...

batmanZoSo
04-06-2006, 09:36 AM
And forget about last.

From today's Sun-Times (http://suntimes.com/output/sports/cst-spt-sox06.html)

"I don't know if it's been too much,'' Pierzynski said. "I just think that with the combination of the ceremonies, the off day, all the families that were in town, all the people that wanted a piece of our time the last few days, it's just been difficult because it's almost like the game was secondary, which is not how it should be. It's great, we enjoyed it, but it's time to move on to a new season.''

I think they'll be ready to kick some ass tomorrow.

Hokiesox
04-06-2006, 09:40 AM
They better be. I thought the trophy thing yesterday was bordering on excessive. They were champions of LAST season. Let's get on with this season.

rdwj
04-06-2006, 09:44 AM
By the third day, I was thinking - enough already. I'm sure it's a distraction from normal pre-game activity and may be a partial reason for looking a little flat so far.

Staying focused on 06 is what's important now.

soxfan13
04-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I was at the game yesterday and told my buddy that to be honest I cant wait for these three games to be over with so they can get on to normal baseball.

DaveIsHere
04-06-2006, 10:32 AM
I agree, they are ready to move on and so am I. Hopefully a little on the road cooking will get these guys going. They seemed like they were really pressing at the plate with RISP, trying to hit home runs. I am looking forward to having a few beers and watching the Sox tomorrow night.:D:

Ol' No. 2
04-06-2006, 10:51 AM
I don't know how all this hoopla can NOT be a distraction. A road trip right now is just what the doctor ordered.

Cuck the Fubs
04-06-2006, 11:05 AM
My thoughts exactly!

If they go and lay an egg in KC & Detroit, then I'll show some concern.

With all the hype & hoopla surrounding these 1st 3 games, the lack of focus isn't all that big of a shocker.

oeo
04-06-2006, 11:10 AM
They better be. I thought the trophy thing yesterday was bordering on excessive. They were champions of LAST season. Let's get on with this season.
Yeah, the ceremony was lame...just another way to get fans in the seats, which could have been done just as easily by just giving out the replica trophies. I didn't even know they were having a ceremony for the trophy until Tuesday, and it was definately not needed.

My only explanation to their poor play the last two games is exactly what AJ said. They looked great on Sunday and then came back Tuesday and couldn't do a thing right. Glad to see they want to move on and get going with this season. I think we'll see a lot of good things in the week ahead.

daveeym
04-06-2006, 12:30 PM
I totally agree that the hype, ceremonies, etc. was a drain and I am glad they're over.

However, ***'s the point of winning a world series if you're not going to celebrate it? Both the fans and players/organization deserve the recognition and the experience.

Bobbo35
04-06-2006, 08:22 PM
I agree, they are ready to move on and so am I. Hopefully a little on the road cooking will get these guys going. They seemed like they were really pressing at the plate with RISP, trying to hit home runs. I am looking forward to having a few beers and watching the Sox tomorrow night.:D:

Amen to that. I am ready to see them go into KC and put on a hitting clinic. This should be a good series for the guys to get into the groove. I am definately enjoying a few cold ones too.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-06-2006, 08:34 PM
I don't know how all this hoopla can NOT be a distraction. A road trip right now is just what the doctor ordered.

Especially to KC. Thank you scheduling department!

PKalltheway
04-06-2006, 08:43 PM
OMG!!! This is the first time the White Sox have been out of first place since the end of the 2004 season!!! What are we going to do? In all seriousness, this road trip should help out a lot. Combined with the fact that we're facing Kansas City this weekend, the Sox should be ready to get back to business because who wants to look bad against Kansas City?

esbrechtel
04-06-2006, 08:45 PM
I was at the game yesterday and told my buddy that to be honest I cant wait for these three games to be over with so they can get on to normal baseball.

Thats exactly what i said on ring day...

DickAllen72
04-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I just hope nobody thinks the Royals and the Tigers are just going to roll over and let the Sox win.

The Sox can't take anything for granted. They have a giant bull's eye on their backs now. They have to get back to the "grinder-ball" / "smart ball" mentality they had last year.

The Sox should be able to win the division again, but it's not going to be easy.

Lip Man 1
04-06-2006, 09:13 PM
Good...'it's time,' they forgot about it and started playing their brand of baseball.

Lip

Captian Ron
04-06-2006, 09:17 PM
I also agree lets move on. That was last season this is this season.

bigsqwert
04-06-2006, 09:20 PM
They better feast on KC because Detroit is on a tear.

sox101
04-06-2006, 09:27 PM
OMG!!! This is the first time the White Sox have been out of first place since the end of the 2004 season!!! What are we going to do? In all seriousness, this road trip should help out a lot. Combined with the fact that we're facing Kansas City this weekend, the Sox should be ready to get back to business because who wants to look bad against Kansas City?Well Kansas City is going to be tougher then laster year, so they can't get to cocky going in to this series.