PDA

View Full Version : New Flags at Cell w/ old Sox logos

Hitmen77
04-06-2006, 09:16 AM
Now that the championship flags have been replace by the banners, the flagpoles at the Cell are displaying logos from White Sox past. Pretty cool.

Interestingly, they devoted two flags to the logos from those pivitol Sox years of 1987-1990. One flag for the "campbell soup" C logo and one for the non-descript "White Sox" script logo. They had a flag with the cap logo from '59-era (diagonal block letters S-O-X) and a flag for the 70s-80s main logo. Nice to see that these long-retired Sox logos still live on at the ballpark.

I don't think I saw a flag with the classic 1917 Sox logo though. Unless I missed it, that's a curious oversight considering 1987 gets 2 flags.

BackNBlack
04-06-2006, 09:28 AM
Yep they did look awsome. You could feel the history looking at them,If they were for sale I'd buy all of them.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-06-2006, 09:33 AM
I got some good pics (I think) of them when I was there Tuesday....I'll post them later after I pic up the pics/picture discs.

dondosae1
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
These were the first things I noticed when I got to the ballpark on Sunday...I thought they were great.

rookieroy
04-06-2006, 11:30 AM
Same here. Once I checked out the banners yesterday, the flags were way obvious. Very cool.

Blob
04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
I think they look nice. I noticed there were some logo's missing too. I wonder if those will eventually be over the fundamentals area.

doublem23
04-06-2006, 12:04 PM
I think they look nice. I noticed there were some logo's missing too. I wonder if those will eventually be over the fundamentals area.

I don't think there's enough flag pole space for the Sox to put up all the goofy ass logos they've had over the years.

Baby Fisk
04-06-2006, 12:10 PM
I got some good pics (I think) of them when I was there Tuesday....I'll post them later after I pic up the pics/picture discs.
Please do! Can't wait to see them.

0o0o0
04-06-2006, 12:18 PM
Those flags are pretty and neat. At the game Tuesday, I was trying to figure out a way to climb up there and get them. Needless to say, I gave up on that idea after approximately one second.

IlliniSox4Life
04-06-2006, 12:20 PM
I wonder if there's any plans to rotate in and out different logos. That would be pretty cool.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-06-2006, 12:23 PM
If Cub tools are going to vandalize anything this year, I hope they go after the Einhorn e White Sox logo flag. :redneck

I could do without the 1983 logo (the one XRT uses for SOX shirts).

The logo I'd love to see is of course:

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/history/im_cws_logo_1981.gif

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/history/logos.jsp

SSHM

VenturaSoxFan23
04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Well, keep in mind some of the logos are also on the green seats. Maybe that's why some were conspicuous by their absense.

That early-80s era flag looks sharp.

Max Power
04-06-2006, 01:26 PM

I noticed that too. They're missing the 1906 and 1917 logos, though they are on the WS banner for those years. I thought it was odd they had two flags for both the early 80's and late 80's logos and missed some of the early 19 century logos completely. I guess I'm just a perfectionist when I comes to trivial stuff like that.
Also, the red/white/navy blue early 80's flag that says SOX is sweet. I'd love to find a smaller version of it for my office.

Hitmen77
04-06-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't think there's enough flag pole space for the Sox to put up all the goofy ass logos they've had over the years.

Like I said, they already have the Campbell Soup "C" logo from the late 80s on one of the flagpoles.:tongue:

anewman35
04-06-2006, 01:32 PM

Unless I'm just crazy, I'm pretty sure there is a flag with that.

The one thing that sort of got me is about the banners - the little pennants on the AL and Division champion banners all have current Sox logos - shouldn't they have the logos that those teams used?

Andy T Clown
04-06-2006, 08:41 PM
If Cub tools are going to vandalize anything this year, I hope they go after the Einhorn e White Sox logo flag. :redneck

I could do without the 1983 logo (the one XRT uses for SOX shirts).

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/history/logos.jsp

SSHM

Is there a Wills rumor? :?:

I want to see the 77 logo!

MrRoboto83
04-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Like I said, they already have the Campbell Soup "C" logo from the late 80s on one of the flagpoles.:tongue:

Or the Einhorn E flag right?

SouthSide_HitMen
04-06-2006, 11:50 PM
Is there a Wills rumor? :?:

I want to see the 77 logo!

Pink = Pipedream (though the way the broadcasts are turning out, I can see the pink changing to Bold with dancing nanas come early November).

Hitmen77
04-07-2006, 07:55 AM
Or the Einhorn E flag right?

Yep, same lame logo. It actually looks weird by itself on a flag - just some ugly generic squiggle.

All the other past Sox logos look pretty cool on flags - they are uniquely and unmistakeably White Sox.