PDA

View Full Version : rowand would have had that....

esbrechtel
04-06-2006, 08:28 AM
Anyone else sick of hearing that? I loved rowand when he was here, dont get me wrong, but this is said by the people who go nuts when thome hits a bomb... i dont get it

jenn2080
04-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Oh my am I tired of hearing that. Brian Anderson does not have an Inspector Gadget reach. Not one of those balls that Anderson "missed" was catch able. I am also tired of hearing people rip on Mackowiak.

doublem23
04-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Aaron Rowand can field an entire outfield by himself, didn't ya know.

TomBradley72
04-06-2006, 08:47 AM
Watching Anderson play...this guy was born a baseball player....give him a little time to settle in and he will be a very solid CF. I'd love to see Aaron back whenever he's a FA...Rowand/Anderson/Sweeney sounds good to me.

Deuce
04-06-2006, 08:50 AM
I am also tired of hearing people rip on Mackowiak.I'm tired of Mack doing things that merit him getting ripped on. They guy does not have an effective throw to home plate.

Deuce

oeo
04-06-2006, 09:45 AM
I'm tired of Mack doing things that merit him getting ripped on. They guy does not have an effective throw to home plate.

Deuce
And Aaron Rowand did? :rolling:

I can remember countless times in which Rowand threw the ball straight into the ground. And besides, Mackowiak is not our starting CF, so how is this relevant?

I'm tired of the dark clouds already...

Cuck the Fubs
04-06-2006, 09:46 AM
As much as I love and miss Rowand........

Brian Anderson is going to be a better ballplayer.

Give him time.

TommyJohn
04-06-2006, 09:52 AM
And Aaron Rowand did? :rolling:

I can remember countless times in which Rowand threw the ball straight into the ground. And besides, Mackowiak is not our starting CF, so how is this relevant?

I'm tired of the dark clouds already...

But they're 1-2! All hopes of repeating are over!

batmanZoSo
04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
I can't even begin to describe the dumb **** I've heard from behind me at the Cell over the years. If I gave every bit of ill-advised "analysis" the time of day, I'd probably still be there arguing, trying to get through to people. Just let it go...

If you start to hear all that "Rowand woulda.." stuff here, then it's time to worry. :cool:

Deuce
04-06-2006, 10:31 AM
And Aaron Rowand did? :rolling:Compared to Mack, Aaron Rowand had a howitzer of an arm. There is no comparison here.

I can remember countless times in which Rowand threw the ball straight into the ground. And besides, Mackowiak is not our starting CF, so how is this relevant?:kukoo:

Let me get this straight, you are the one comparing them and you are asking me how the comparison is relevant? I just said that Mack deserves ripping on for not having a good throw to home plate. IMO, he is not a outfielder and should not be out there, unless completely necessary.

Deuce

Fungo
04-06-2006, 10:35 AM

3/4 of the wolrd is covered by water, the other 1/4 is covered by Aaron Rowand.

I'm glad someone brought this up because it is killing me. Then yesterday on the throw to home in the 1st by Anderson, someone yelled out, "Rowand would have thrown him out." Give me a break. Aaron Rowand could only dream of having an arm like Anderson's. This needs to stop.

markopat
04-06-2006, 10:40 AM

Rowand and one Mini-Ditka can play the whole field! Rowand pitches to Mini-Ditka...Runs to the outfield and Mini-Ditka swings around to cover first base while Rowand throws out the hitter from left field. Rowand and Mini-Ditka 44...Indians -12

:cool:

skobabe8
04-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Compared to Mack, Aaron Rowand had a howitzer of an arm. There is no comparison here.

:kukoo:

Let me get this straight, you are the one comparing them and you are asking me how the comparison is relevant? I just said that Mack deserves ripping on for not having a good throw to home plate. IMO, he is not a outfielder and should not be out there, unless completely necessary.

Deuce

What are you talking about? I seem to remember Mack throwing a laser to home on one play making it alot closer than I thought it would be. I don't know who you're watching.

PaulDrake
04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
Mackowiak is a sub who can play a lot of postions, but none of them well enough to start. It takes 25 guys to field a team and not all of them will be all stars. I think getting Mackowiak was a good move by KW. This years team is better than last years team in all areas except the bullpen IMO. They still have to play the games and baseball is always full of surprises both pleasant and unpleasant. Some of us may have underestimated the determination and the talent of the 2006 Indians.

robiwho
04-06-2006, 11:41 AM
I can't count the number of times I've heard people say that over the past four days. The Steve Stone wannabe (really, the guy could not stop analyzing the game -- and badly, I might add!) who was sitting next to me yesterday said it everytime the ball got anywhere near center field! I finally told him it was time to move on. Apparently, he took my advice, because he and his buddy left the next inning!

Flight #24
04-06-2006, 11:44 AM
To me it's not a question of whether Rowand would have had that. It's a question of whether Anderson would have had that. I've yet to see a play that I thought Rowand would get to that Anderson hasn't.

Now Mackowiak - I've definitely seen that he's not the defensive OF that Anderson or Dye is. Which is basically why he's a bench player. A very very good one, but not as good as our starters.

champagne030
04-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Now Mackowiak - I've definitely seen that he's not the defensive OF that Anderson or Dye is. Which is basically why he's a bench player. A very very good one, but not as good as our starters.

Exactly. I saw at least two balls on Tuesday that Anderson would have caught and Mackowiak didn't.

oeo
04-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Compared to Mack, Aaron Rowand had a howitzer of an arm. There is no comparison here.

:kukoo:

Deuce
The thread is about Rowand, and you said Mackowiak doesn't have a very good arm. I figured you were implying that Rowand could throw the ball with the best of them, which is totally untrue...

Regardless, Mackowiak is not that bad in the outfield and not a starting outfielder. Has he blown any games for us out there? Until he does, there's nothing to complain about...we haven't gotten the pitching or the hitting, that's why we didn't win the last two games.

Deuce
04-06-2006, 12:34 PM
The thread is about Rowand, and you said Mackowiak doesn't have a very good arm. I figured you were implying that Rowand could throw the ball with the best of them, which is totally untrue...

Makes sense. However, I was simply responding to the following post.

I am also tired of hearing people rip on Mackowiak.

And in the interest of not double posting...

What are you talking about? I seem to remember Mack throwing a laser to home on one play making it alot closer than I thought it would be. I don't know who you're watching.I was watching that guy in centerfield on Tuesday while sitting in my seat in section 102. It should have been Anderson, but instead it was Mack. And from my perspective (directly behind and to the left of him), his arm is terrible going home. I also watch the majority of the game yesterday at home, and didn't see much to disprove what I saw the day before. That is what I was watching.

maurice
04-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Anderson's arm > Rowand's arm >>> Mackowiak's arm.

With Mack in CF, the Jndjans took at least 4 extra bases with ease in a single game. That doesn't happen if Anderson is out there. On one occasion, the runner nearly stopped at second, because Mack was about to pick up the ball in shallow CF. The 3B coach began gesturing wildly, and the runner sped back up and advanced to 3B. Anderson would have thrown the guy out by 30 feet.

Returning to the topic of this thread, I responded to this play by yelling "put Anderson in there." Some boob then yelled "put ROWAND in there."
:rolleyes:

doublem23
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
What are you talking about? I seem to remember Mack throwing a laser to home on one play making it alot closer than I thought it would be. I don't know who you're watching.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. On Tuesday, Belliard should have scored by a good 5 feet, but Mackowiak's throw was sensational, and would have beaten him out had he not gotten a great jump thanks to there being 2 outs in the frame.

miker
04-06-2006, 01:14 PM
I'm also getting a tired of people mentioning what Thomas did the night before, but maybe that's in a different thread...

SpammySosa
04-06-2006, 05:29 PM

I thought only Chuck Norris and Jack Bauer were capable of that.:D:

Soxfest
04-06-2006, 05:40 PM
AR is GONE 2005 over see ya goodbye !

bgpoppapaul
04-06-2006, 06:50 PM
we get caught up in the post series love fest, but had they lost that series, rowand would have been at the head of the short list of goats for the way he played in the series. i'll probably hear it here too, but he also had a very suspicious drop in power numbers last year. rowand is a .280 hitter in the long term who busts his ass on every play out there. that being said, he was a solid ball player. anderson has the chance to be great. in addition, keep in mind that mackoviak is not a centerfielder and will not be spending a great deal of time there. i respect rowand, but this move was a no brainer and he'll be living off that yankees series for the rest of his days in the hearts of many sox fans.

StockdaleForVeep
04-06-2006, 07:52 PM
Anyone else sick of hearing that? I loved rowand when he was here, dont get me wrong, but this is said by the people who go nuts when thome hits a bomb... i dont get it

Im sick of rowand still being discussed in the clubhouse here

Jenks4Pres
04-06-2006, 07:56 PM
The Thome for Rowand trade will go down in history as Kenny's best.
Enough with the Rowand comments. I loved the guy, but I love the trade for Thome even more.

Cuck the Fubs
04-06-2006, 08:07 PM
The craziest part of all this nonsense?

Even Aaron knows the Sox made a hell of a deal.

He's cool with it, even though he doesn't like it. I mean come on A - Row for Thome? Who would ya rather trot out there every day?

Kenny knows he's deep with talented outfielders, hence he did the deed. We all love Aaron, but it's about putting the best product on the field.

Now lets move on and win another ring!:bandance:

I want Mags back
04-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Ill take the loss in defensive power for the number of Strikeouts Aaron always put up

esbrechtel
04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. On Tuesday, Belliard should have scored by a good 5 feet, but Mackowiak's throw was sensational, and would have beaten him out had he not gotten a great jump thanks to there being 2 outs in the frame.

I remember talking about that out in the bleachers....everyone was like holy crap that was a great throw....there is no way belliard could have tagged had there been 1 out