PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas Base Clearing Double

rjdmichjr
04-06-2006, 01:04 AM
Base clearing double by Thomas in the 9th Wednesday night!!!!..

Baines
04-06-2006, 01:07 AM
Big cheers from the fans after the pinch runner came in for Frank. Broke the game wide open.

Keep it up, Big Hurt!

SOX ADDICT '73
04-06-2006, 01:11 AM
But this gets him no closer to 500 home runs, which we all know is the only way he gets into the HOF, so what's the point?

ilsox7
04-06-2006, 01:25 AM
I'm sure I'll take plenty of **** for this, but is there going to be a thread for every one of Frank's hits this year?

peeonwrigley
04-06-2006, 01:36 AM
I'm sure I'll take plenty of **** for this, but is there going to be a thread for every one of Frank's hits this year?
Maybe there should be a pinned thread for people to post every time Frank or Rowand does something.

I loved Frank when he was here but now my only wishes for him are that he stays injury-free. I hate the A's.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-06-2006, 01:38 AM
RK started a thread simply titled "Frank Update" during Spring Training:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68583&highlight=frank

Maybe the mods can merge the first at-bat homer thread and this one with the update thread, and give Big Hurt fans a specific place to post this stuff.

mike squires
04-06-2006, 01:45 AM
I'm not an A's fan at all and there fans are rather quiet. But one thing is for sure, they represent. So many A's hats, shirts and jackets in the stands. Seems more than other teams. Just something I noticed the other night and wanted to point out.

soltrain21
04-06-2006, 03:16 AM
I'm not an A's fan at all and there fans are rather quiet. But one thing is for sure, they represent. So many A's hats, shirts and jackets in the stands. Seems more than other teams. Just something I noticed the other night and wanted to point out.

I think they are some of the most annoying fans in the world, really.

SOXintheBURGH
04-06-2006, 03:25 AM
A lot of people are A's fans too. People hate the Cubs, Red Sox, and Yankees as much as we do.. but I know a lot of people that are my age that gravitated towards the A's in the early 90s and took them up as "their team." Hell, my girlfriend grew up in Pittsburgh but she loves the Cards and the A's. She also told me she always loved the White Sox too because of Frank Thomas, and was incredibly happy when we won.

oeo
04-06-2006, 07:44 AM
I hate the A's...their fans are the biggest douche bags in sports.

Frank, keep doing what you're doing, but don't win any games. :D:

Hangar18
04-06-2006, 08:52 AM
A's fans remind me of us actually ..........

Madvora
04-06-2006, 08:57 AM
I hated the A's back with the AL West rivalry we had with them in the late 80s and early 90s, but they are a completely different team now. I don't look at them the same anymore and kind of like them now.

Anyway, good job Frank!

rowand33
04-06-2006, 09:59 AM
I don't see any reason to hate A's fans.

Especially not when Cubs and Red Sox fans still exist.

And then if you throw in Twins and Indians fans for good measure... no room left to hate A's fans.

oeo
04-06-2006, 10:01 AM
I don't see any reason to hate A's fans.

Especially not when Cubs and Red Sox fans still exist.

And then if you throw in Twins and Indians fans for good measure... no room left to hate A's fans.

There's plenty of hate to go around. :D:

TomBradley72
04-06-2006, 10:10 AM

Me too...when I lived in the Bay Area...went to alot of A's games when the ChiSox were in town....their fans are intense, knowledgable, a little "rougher" (in a good way) than the Giants fans...

AZChiSoxFan
04-06-2006, 10:39 AM

That's exactly what I was thinking. Don't get me wrong, I still love the Big Hurt and I even stayed up to watch the end of the A's game last night because I wanted to see him bat in the 9th. That being said, I can't wait to come to WSI in August to find the following thread: Thomas lines a single to left in A's 9-1 loss to Devil Rays.

daveeym
04-06-2006, 11:26 AM
I'm sure I'll take plenty of **** for this, but is there going to be a thread for every one of Frank's hits this year? I was going to post the same thought. Love Frank and wish him well but we don't need a Frank watch here.

thepaulbowski
04-06-2006, 11:27 AM

I'd prefer not to be compared to an A's fan.

Jerko
04-06-2006, 11:30 AM
I'm glad all you Frank fans got to see him bat in the 9th seeing that the A's as a team did not. Pay attention people!!!!! His hit came in the 8th!!!!!!!!! You know he's not a pressure player and would never have done that in the 9th!!!

AZChiSoxFan
04-06-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm glad all you Frank fans got to see him bat in the 9th seeing that the A's as a team did not. Pay attention people!!!!! His hit came in the 8th!!!!!!!!! You know he's not a pressure player and would never have done that in the 9th!!!

Yes, my mistake. :redface: I knew I was tired when I was watching the game but I guess I was even more tired than I realized.

ondafarm
04-06-2006, 11:42 AM
But this gets him no closer to 500 home runs, which we all know is the only way he gets into the HOF, so what's the point?

It was against the Yankee$. Heck, I almost root for the Cubs when they play the Yankee$. That is almost.

Fenway
04-06-2006, 11:48 AM

What is amazing is 10 miles away in San Francisco you are hard pressed to see anyone wearing A's gear. I suspect in the East Bay you don't see much for the Giants.

hawkjt
04-06-2006, 11:53 AM
you have to allow us huge Frank fans a little slack as we withdraw from Frank as a sox star.

That was only a few feet from a grand slam. Frank looks good. No evidence of pain when running. Scored from second on a single.

Cannot stand the A's or their goofy rock hard field but still want Frank to do well.

I did notice that the Yanks are subject to the same cursing forces that we encounter when in that ballpark as their second baseman mis-played a routine grounder on a tricky bounce in the 8th when the A's rallied for the win. Seemed very familiar. Thankfully the sox only go to Oakland once this year.

Jerko
04-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Yes, my mistake. :redface: I knew I was tired when I was watching the game but I guess I was even more tired than I realized.

Just givin ya ****, at least you saw the end of the game. I faded when it was 6-4 Oakland. :o:

itsnotrequired
04-06-2006, 12:17 PM
It was against the Yankee$. Heck, I almost root for the Cubs when they play the Yankee$. That is almost.

I root for the Cubs when they play against any team in direct competition with the Sox.

palehozenychicty
04-06-2006, 03:11 PM
What is amazing is 10 miles away in San Francisco you are hard pressed to see anyone wearing A's gear. I suspect in the East Bay you don't see much for the Giants.

It's true, as Oakland is reminiscent of Brooklyn with its warehouses, factories, and dive bars. They also have palm trees, which tips you back to a Cali mindset. It is rare to find A's gear in San fran, and vice versa. But i have a buddy who grew up in Oakland that's a Giants fan?:?: So anything can happen.

robiwho
04-06-2006, 03:33 PM
I root for the Cubs when they play against any team in direct competition with the Sox.

It's very brave of you to say that here! :smile:

mantis1212
04-06-2006, 03:41 PM
I was going to post the same thought. Love Frank and wish him well but we don't need a Frank watch here.

I'd like to throw a vote in for the opposite- I think a Frank watch woud be great for Talking Baseball.

McCuddy
04-06-2006, 04:03 PM

I'll go one further - I hope the Cubs win every game between June 19 and June 25. That'll be three losses each for the Toons and Twinkies. Regular-season Cub wins don't bother me, unless they're playing us (and as long as we have more of them so I don't endure the "Who's got the better record?" crap.)

HotelWhiteSox
04-06-2006, 04:18 PM
It was a nice hit, but YES showed him running to second, still looks hurt to me. Probably taking it easy a little because of the injury, but definately not 100%

Nellie_Fox
04-06-2006, 04:19 PM
I root for the Cubs when they play against any team in direct competition with the Sox.I'd rather stick a fork in my eye.

DSpivack
04-06-2006, 04:34 PM
It's true, as Oakland is reminiscent of Brooklyn with its warehouses, factories, and dive bars. They also have palm trees, which tips you back to a Cali mindset. It is rare to find A's gear in San fran, and vice versa. But i have a buddy who grew up in Oakland that's a Giants fan?:?: So anything can happen.

Well, I and several others here grew up in Evanston as Sox fans, so I suppose it's possible. My parents lived in San Carlos in the early 70s, I prolly would've grown up an A's fan there.

santo=dorf
04-06-2006, 07:37 PM
Not as much as I will for saying this;

Don't worry about the threads showing up after every hit. He's hitting .182 this season.
:duck:

LongLiveFisk
04-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Heck, I almost root for the Cubs when they play the Yankee$. That is almost.

Replace "Yankees" with "Twins" in this sentence, and my sentiments exactly. :cool: