PDA

View Full Version : What Happened To Roger's Center?

Southsider101
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
I'm watching the game between Minnesota and Toronto from Roger's Center (Skydome) and noticed that the artificial turf looks worse than anything I've ever seen before. Did the Blue Jays have new turf installed this year? This looks terrible! I live in Minneapolis and know what bad artificial turf looks like having seen too much of it at the Metrodome. But this stuff looks like six foot by six foot squares of turf glued to the floor cut and installed by Jeffrey Dahmer.:gulp:

kittle42
04-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Roger owns a Center?

DSpivack
04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Roger owns a Center?

Formerly Skydome=now Rogers Centre.

The turf is not astroturf, it's newer turf first used in Tampa, which is supposed to be better than astroturf. I remember that's how it looked in Tampa, looks the same in Toronto.

TheOldRoman
04-05-2006, 09:32 PM

The turf is not astroturf, it's newer turf first used in Tampa, which is supposed to be better than astroturf. I remember that's how it looked in Tampa, looks the same in Toronto.
I am watching the game now (free Extra Innings package this week), and I know what he means. The field looks messed up. They just put it in last year, so I doubt they replaced it again. It looks like they had some kind of floor or stage set up over the field. Maybe they had a convention or concert there recently.

kittle42
04-05-2006, 09:55 PM

I know. I was referencing the comma.

beckett21
04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
I know. I was referencing the comma.

I think you mean the apostrophe.

You're slipping, kittle. :redneck

kittle42
04-05-2006, 11:44 PM
I think you mean the apostrophe.

You're slipping, kittle. :redneck

Ahhh! Damn work.

Baby Fisk
04-06-2006, 09:11 AM
Don't you all love what they've done with the place now? They took 1,000 home putting greens and lay them over the concrete floor side-by-side. It creates a stunning parquet effect that I can see has already attracted many comments here! Even better than the soon-to-be-trademarked Parquet Turf is the brand new video store that Rogers Cable (owner of the Jays) has opened right inside the Rogers Centre. So if you get bored during the game, you can pop into the video store and pick up a rental on the way home. OH CANADA!