PDA

View Full Version : bonds on bonds

chaerulez
04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Anyone see this show on ESPN? Just wanted to know what Sox fans thought of it if they bothered to watch. I didn't get to see it but they mentioned it on Cold Pizza and when they started to basically promote and it use it as a way to praise Bonds in a way I had to change the channel. Just wondering if it's what I think it is- nothing but a shameless ploy for ESPN to throw money at Bonds so he only talks to them and it makes him look like some sort of victim in the steroids scandal.

buehrle4cy05
04-05-2006, 05:52 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060405greenstein,1,7542755.column?coll=cs-columnists

I didn't see the show, but just reading some of this stuff is scary.:o:

Later, after a pipe in his fish tank bursts and floods his floor, Bonds' daughter, Aisha Lynn, said: "I told you you could have my fish."

Bonds' reply: "You're lucky you're 6, because I could just kill you right now."

Bonds revealed some violent tendencies. While driving to a custody hearing in San Francisco, he smiled and said: "Right now with all the [expletive] I've been through, dude, I could just, like, literally, just kill somebody."

Given a chance to clarify, Bonds said: "When I make statements like I could kill somebody I just sit there and say: You know, I wish killing was legal, but I would be the first one shot."

SOXintheBURGH
04-06-2006, 01:37 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-060405greenstein,1,7542755.column?coll=cs-columnists

I didn't see the show, but just reading some of this stuff is scary.:o:

:rolleyes:

Do you know how many times a day I say "I wish I could kill someone" or something similar.

:cubune
BONDS MURDERS PUPPIES, TAKES HGH

buehrle4cy05
04-06-2006, 03:48 PM
:rolleyes:

Do you know how many times a day I say "I wish I could kill someone" or something similar.

:cubune
BONDS MURDERS PUPPIES, TAKES HGH

:rolling:

But seriously...would you say that to your six-year-old daughter?

HotelWhiteSox
04-06-2006, 03:51 PM
Given a chance to clarify, Bonds said: "When I make statements like I could kill somebody I just sit there and say: You know, I wish killing was legal, but I would be the first one shot."

Well that didn't stop him from...oh nevermind

samram
04-06-2006, 04:13 PM
Bonds on Bonds is an informercial for Barry. He has editorial oversight rights, so it's not worth watching and anyone who would allow their mind to change in Barry's favor is a sap.

SoLongFrank
04-06-2006, 04:50 PM
It was a dud. Nothing above normal ratings wise for ESPN2 programming in that time slot. Considering the buildup it doesn't look good for the series.

What got much better ratings was the rain-delay programming on Sun night promoting the new Reiner film. People want reality programming that has some scripting to insure it's entertaining.

Bonds on Bonds is not it.

peeonwrigley
04-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Is this anything like Max on Max from Conan O'Brien?

Seriously, I purposely avoided the show. I think its a huge conflict of interest for ESPN and makes any of their "journalism" in regards to Bonds moot. Sorry Pedro Gomez.