PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Game Scoreboard Video - Where can I find it?

kevindleonard
04-05-2006, 01:25 PM
Does anyone know of a way to download or get a copy of the video clip they show on the scoreboard at home games before they announce the starting line-up? With the inclusion of clips from last year's world series run, the video is unbelievable. I get goosebumps every time I watch it. The mix of clips from the past 100 years of White Sox baseball ending with the present along with great background music is put very well together and I would love to get a copy of it. Any feedback would be great. Thanks.

SOecks
04-05-2006, 01:33 PM
I uploaded it with yousendit after the game but too many people downloaded it. I'm trying to get it set up with bittorrent and should be able to in a couple of days.

kevindleonard
04-05-2006, 01:38 PM
Sounds good. If you could keep this updated when you get it that would be great. Appreciate it.

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 01:39 PM
Isn't it on one of the DVD's...perhaps the one that was first offered at best buy?

We have it on one of our DVD's

C-Dawg
04-05-2006, 02:01 PM
Isn't it on one of the DVD's...perhaps the one that was first offered at best buy?

We have it on one of our DVD's

Its new and improved for 2006 with highlights of the 05 season and postseason. Even better than it was last year! :D:

WizardsofOzzie
04-05-2006, 02:17 PM
I uploaded it with yousendit after the game but too many people downloaded it. I'm trying to get it set up with bittorrent and should be able to in a couple of days.

I finally got it of bittorrent and uploaded it to my university account. Lets see how long it takes before i get an e-mail from them to take it down :smile:

http://ilocker.bsu.edu/users/caelwood/WORLD_SHARED/Montage 2-Sox History and Thunderstruck-Players Take Field.AVI

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Its new and improved for 2006 with highlights of the 05 season and postseason. Even better than it was last year! :D:

opps..guess I should read before I post huh? I did notice that this year has added clips from ws :redface:

BeefyD
04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
As I've mentioned before, I think we need a master video thread. Most of the montages, banners, intro vids, and flyovers are posted at youtube.com.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=beefyd

Frontman
04-05-2006, 10:59 PM
I saw that they ran it prior to yesterday's game on Comcast. Granted, I stopped my VCR a few minutes before after getting the ring ceremony, so I'm looking for it, too. Anyone know if they ran it prior to today's game?

Thanks,

Front

Brian26
04-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Not only have they included 2005 postseason clips, but they've added a ton of old clips as well (Luzinski swinging in the dark blue softball jersey, for example). I can't tell if they removed scenes from last year's video, or if they've just added more to this one. It seems like they've added more.

doublem23
04-06-2006, 07:15 AM
The montage from 2005 is included as a special feature in the Sox Pride DVD, so you can check. I definitely noticed a few non-2005 extra scenes when they played it on CSN before Tuesday's game, the only one that I can think of now that I'm not sure if I saw was Jerry and a few other's "christening" New Comiskey with champagne. That was one of my favorite scenes during the old montage and it definitely didn't register with the new one if it was there. More than likely, I just missed it.

Lip Man 1
04-06-2006, 12:56 PM
The champagne christening was on both montage's. There are definately new scenes added and if you also taped the 'opener' to the actual White Sox broadcast on Comcast the music is slightly different as well.

Lip

VenturaSoxFan23
04-06-2006, 01:08 PM
The part I watch more than the montage are the names on the scrollers. :D: I love how on each beat, a different name pops up.

mjharrison72
04-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Not only have they included 2005 postseason clips, but they've added a ton of old clips as well (Luzinski swinging in the dark blue softball jersey, for example). I can't tell if they removed scenes from last year's video, or if they've just added more to this one. It seems like they've added more.
My thought was they shortened some of the clips in the previous one (instead of a half-second, they're now onyl a quarter-second) in order to add new ones. I think that video is so awesome, and it never fails to send chills and bring tears.