PDA

View Full Version : Fisk on Rome just said:

Mots09
04-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Only thing that sucked about last years run was that he was suppose to throw out first pitch in Game 6 of the WS.

Additionally he said that the only team that needs a ring now is the Cubs, but it looks as though it might take them another 88 years to win a ring :redneck

TDog
04-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Only thing that sucked about last years run was that he was suppose to throw out first pitch in Game 6 of the WS. ...

If the Sox had been so respectful to Frank Thomas, he could have been part of the ceremonies before the Series went to Houston.

Madvora
04-05-2006, 02:49 PM
Man, I had game 6 tickets too!

Mots09
04-05-2006, 02:56 PM
Man, I had game 6 tickets too!

I had 6 and 7.

Lip Man 1
04-05-2006, 07:02 PM
Sorry gang I have no sympathy for ya. Had you had to actually use them there were no guarantees the Sox would have won the thing.

I'm glad we never had to find out.

Lip

LongLiveFisk
04-05-2006, 07:05 PM
Additionally he said that the only team that needs a ring now is the Cubs, but it looks as though it might take them another 88 years to win a ring :redneck

Hahaha...gotta love Pudge! :D:

Brian26
04-05-2006, 07:51 PM
Sorry gang I have no sympathy for ya. Had you had to actually use them there were no guarantees the Sox would have won the thing.

I'm glad we never had to find out.

Lip

I was at wedding the night Game 6 would have been played. I'm ecstatic the series was wrapped up in four.

mattcoz
04-06-2006, 02:48 AM
I was at wedding the night Game 6 would have been played. I'm ecstatic the series was wrapped up in four.I was at a wedding the night we won the pennant, snuck in a 5" black & white tv to watch the thing, had a bunch of people crowded around it.

Mots09
04-06-2006, 09:44 AM

Wasn't asking for sympathy just stating what I had. I knew this could happen when I purchased the tickets.

ewokpelts
04-06-2006, 09:58 AM
i wa at a wedding during game 1...glad i had game two tickets....

i've also planne dMY wedding for the DAY BEFORE game 1 of the series...that way, i dont miss ANY october baseball, cuz i told my girl that i wont be at my wedding if there's a game and i have tickets.
Gene

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2006, 01:47 PM
Who threw out the first pitch for Game 1 and Game 2? I don't remember.

Also, did the Red Sox invite Carlton to throw out the first pitch in either home game of the 2004 World Series? He wore their cap into the HOF, didn't he?

RedFoxSoxFan
04-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Who threw out the first pitch for Game 1 and Game 2? I don't remember.

Game 2 was Lou Rawls, i forget game one.

nevermind: d'oh! he sang the aynthem not the first pitch

JoeyCora28
04-06-2006, 02:09 PM
If I remember correctly, WS Game 2 ceremonial first pitch was Robin Ventura and Bo Jackson...

Lip Man 1
04-06-2006, 02:25 PM
George:

I assume that yours was a serious question...if so here is the answer.

Game #1 (which was never shown by Fox) had Luis Aparicio surrounded by some of his teammates from 1959 like Jim Landis, Bob Shaw and Billy Pierce among others, thrown out the first ball.

Game #2 Had Robin Ventura and Bo Jackson toss it out.

Lou Rawls sang the national anthem, he didn't toss out the first pitch.

Sorry I don't have the answer to the Red Sox question.

Lip

SOXintheBURGH
04-06-2006, 02:34 PM
George:

Game #1 (which was never shown by Fox) had Luis Aparicio surrounded by some of his teammates from 1959 like Jim Landis, Bob Shaw and Billy Pierce among others, thrown out the first ball.

Lip

I believe it was Ben Affleck and Denis Leary.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2006, 05:10 PM
George:

Lip

Thanks. So Frank Thomas didn't throw out either first pitch of the World Series? That must have been either the ALCS or ALDS.

Seems to me Fisk hasn't got anything to complain about with the Sox. Not even Boston gave him the first pitch -- and he wore their hat into the HOF. Presumably Pudge was just joking to suggest he was disappointed the series didn't go six games.
:cool:

Baby Fisk
04-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks. So Frank Thomas didn't throw out either first pitch of the World Series? That must have been either the ALCS or ALDS.

Seems to me Fisk hasn't got anything to complain about with the Sox. Not even Boston gave him the first pitch -- and he wore their hat into the HOF. Presumably Pudge was just joking to suggest he was disappointed the series didn't go six games.
:cool:
Frank threw out the first pitch of the ALDS.

The WS Game 1 anthem was sung by Josh Groban.

Soxfest
04-06-2006, 05:42 PM
If I remember correctly, WS Game 2 ceremonial first pitch was Robin Ventura and Bo Jackson...

Fisk should of done game 2 and left those guys for later.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-06-2006, 05:55 PM
Fisk should of done game 2 and left those guys for later.
How do you know he wasn't asked? Fisk couldn't make it to the 1983 team reunion (September, 2003), something even Cards manager Tony LaRussa managed to fit into his schedule. His team was in a pennant chase.

Good for Ventura and Bo. They deserved the honor, too.

tick53
04-06-2006, 06:55 PM
What's past is past.

Lip Man 1
04-06-2006, 07:01 PM
George:

Actually Fisk was at the dinner the team had at Mike Ditka's place that Thursday night. He had other weekend commitments which cause him to not be able to make the festivities on the field.

As I recall the only players who did not make ANY of the reunion were the late Aurelio Rodriguez and two Latin players Juan Agosto and Salome Barojas.

Lip