PDA

View Full Version : Cool story from yesterday's game

SOecks
04-05-2006, 12:37 PM
So I'm at the game with Realist (thanks again for the ticket) and am off to get us two beers and some food. We're in center field so I go to one of the stands that accepts credit cards. The incompetent guy not only took forever to get the order together but when he swiped my card, it didn't seem to work (all of the machines seemed to be on the fritz yesterday). I gave him another one then and it also didn't work.

I'm pretty much out of options and am going to give up after waiting forever in line. Then the guy patiently waiting behind me pulls out a wad of money and tells the guy that he's going to cover it for me. I couldn't believe that someone I had never met would just throw 20 some dollars and cover my order. It was a really cool thing to do for a complete stranger. Has anyone else had something like this happen at a game?

MsSoxVixen22
04-05-2006, 12:41 PM
So I'm at the game with Realist (thanks again for the ticket) and am off to get us two beers and some food. We're in center field so I go to one of the stands that accepts credit cards. The incompetent guy not only took forever to get the order together but when he swiped my card, it didn't seem to work (all of the machines seemed to be on the fritz yesterday). I gave him another one then and it also didn't work.

I'm pretty much out of options and am going to give up after waiting forever in line. Then the guy patiently waiting behind me pulls out a wad of money and tells the guy that he's going to cover it for me. I couldn't believe that someone I had never met would just throw 20 some dollars and cover my order. It was a really cool thing to do for a complete stranger. Has anyone else had something like this happen at a game?

:gulp: to the guy that helped you out! Hearing stories like this shows that there ARE good people in the world

BeefyD
04-05-2006, 12:46 PM
Unfortunately, you cannot befriend him since he was a bandwagoner. :D:

That's an awesome story. I've had beer bought for me for giving someone a couple of cigarettes, but that's not as exciting....

Unregistered
04-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Good story. This idiot turned around into me with 2 beers in his hand and then demanded I buy him a new one, and I told him to go **** himself. That's like your story, except the opposite. :D:

chicagojoe
04-05-2006, 08:32 PM
The incompetent guy not only took forever to get the order together but when he swiped my card, it didn't seem to work (all of the machines seemed to be on the fritz yesterday). I gave him another one then and it also didn't work.

I was at a game last year and in between innings, went up to go get a beer and popcorn. Got stuck with some old lady who was barely moving and then couldn't figure out how to work the cash register. I ended up missing an entire inning just because I had a taste for popcorn. Didn't mean to change the subject, but this thread reminded me of that.

itsnotrequired
04-05-2006, 08:33 PM
I was at a game last year and in between innings, went up to go get a beer and popcorn. Got stuck with some old lady who was barely moving and then couldn't figure out how to work the cash register. I ended up missing an entire inning just because I had a taste for popcorn. Didn't mean to change the subject, but this thread reminded me of that.

Hangar, is that you?:redneck

gbergman
04-05-2006, 08:42 PM
Good story. This idiot turned around into me with 2 beers in his hand and then demanded I buy him a new one, and I told him to go **** himself. That's like your story, except the opposite. :D:
I like your story:D:

TheDarkGundam
04-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Feel good story of the year! Proof that Sox fans are in fact, good people. :redneck

LuvSox
04-05-2006, 09:18 PM

The guy got tired of waiting in line and bailed you out. :D:

tromcoe
04-05-2006, 09:43 PM
I have a better one I think:

My brother had a press pass for yesterdays game, so he came up to the UD to take me down to see some Friends that were there. Instead of taking a ramp, we decided to take the elevator. Well the elevator stopped at the Suite level, and low and behold if Roger Bossard himself gets onto the elevator. He had his back turned to me so I called out his name and introduced myself. He turned around shook my hand then said 'let me show you something'. He proceeds to open his ring box take the ring out and show us in the elevator. We got a picture of it that was so close you could see the clarity of the diamonds.

:D:

MrRoboto83
04-05-2006, 10:08 PM
I have a better one I think:

My brother had a press pass for yesterdays game, so he came up to the UD to take me down to see some Friends that were there. Instead of taking a ramp, we decided to take the elevator. Well the elevator stopped at the Suite level, and low and behold if Roger Bossard himself gets onto the elevator. He had his back turned to me so I called out his name and introduced myself. He turned around shook my hand then said 'let me shoe you something'. He proceeds to open his ring box take the ring out and show us in the elevator. We got a picture of it that was so close you could see the clarity of the diamonds.

:D:

I hope you post the picture on WSI photo gallery for us all to see!! AWESOME

LuvSox
04-05-2006, 10:10 PM
then said 'let me shoe you something'

What, he talks like Ed Sullivan? Kidding, great story!!!!!

tromcoe
04-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Man I spell checked too.

:redface:

mrs. hendu
04-05-2006, 11:18 PM
I was in Anaheim at an Angels game and a fan bought me a pretzel :D: for something I helped him with.

tromcoe
04-05-2006, 11:25 PM
Here is a picture of the ring

RealMenWearBlack
04-06-2006, 12:00 AM
I was given a free ticket in the lower deck while waiting in line for the ticket window for a game last year.

mike squires
04-06-2006, 12:19 AM
That is cool that Bossard got a ring and all, but I wonder if he really wanted a watering can with diamonds on it?

tromcoe
04-06-2006, 07:40 PM
I was given a free ticket in the lower deck while waiting in line for the ticket window for a game last year.

If it was a Big guy over by gate 4 it was me.

:smile:

esbrechtel
04-06-2006, 09:39 PM
Here is a picture of the ring

:worship: