PDA

View Full Version : Who would the Sox start in an emergency

caulfield12
04-05-2006, 10:59 AM
Assuming that Brandon McCarthy was not available...

Liotta? Haeger? Lumsden? Broadway? Tracey?

By the way, does anyone know if Nomo or Redding are still with us?

My pick would probably be Thornton. He wants to be a starter, for one thing. He seems to have good stuff, and a mechanically sound and effortless delivery. Not sure if he has enough of a repertoire to last more than one time through a line-up, but it would make more sense for Thornton to be prepared for this type of situation than Cotts IMO.

Chicken Dinner
04-05-2006, 11:30 AM
What kind of an emergency??? Huh??

Lip Man 1
04-05-2006, 12:50 PM
Showing the depth of starting pitching (always handy when it comes time to trade) the Sox have both Nomo and Redding in the starting rotation at Charlotte.

Redding is actually an interesting case. His contract said he could opt for free agency if he didn't make the Sox big league club. He decided not to use it and went to Charlotte.

You wonder why? Maybe he was told something, or maybe the Sox offered him more money to stay.

Lip

Dadawg_77
04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Showing the depth of starting pitching (always handy when it comes time to trade) the Sox have both Nomo and Redding in the starting rotation at Charlotte.

Redding is actually an interesting case. His contract said he could opt for free agency if he didn't make the Sox big league club. He decided not to use it and went to Charlotte.

You wonder why? Maybe he was told something, or maybe the Sox offered him more money to stay.

Lip

Or fact he didn't have a regular Major League job last year and posted 4.73 in the spring. I don't think that history makes a pitcher a highly wanted commodity.

Lip Man 1
04-05-2006, 06:09 PM
Dadawg:

With baseball being so short of pitching of ANY kind, it does.

Lip

ondafarm
04-05-2006, 08:16 PM
I can tell you that most players will compromise one heck of a lot to have a decent shot at being on a playoff team and possible World Series participant. This doesn't surprise me much at all.