PDA

View Full Version : Funny quote

batmanZoSo
04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
This just made me laugh, and I couldn't put it better.

"He has Nintendo power." -- Brian Anderson commenting on Thome's recent power surge.

So true. It's almost comical the size of the bombs Thome is and has always hit at the Cell. This guy's a freakin' beast. As early as it is, you can see he clearly hasn't lost it at 35. Here's to a healthy season, which could mean...God knows how many bombs. :gulp:

I can't wait until the time when Thome and Konerko are really hot at the same time. There's no telling when it'll happen, but it will happen. And it will be deadly.

edit: By the way, this quote was found in a Mariotti article, so we can leave him out of this, hm? At any rate, here's the link (http://suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay05.html).

Baby Fisk
04-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Thome swings as if the pitcher stole his girlfriend. He wants to kill that ball. It's great to watch!

MarySwiss
04-05-2006, 10:42 AM
As I said in one of the Spring Training threads, watching him hit was flat-out scary! He is a monster. Thank God he's our monster! :D:

SBSoxFan
04-05-2006, 10:52 AM
which could mean...God knows how many bombs.
Yep. People were predicting 35 - 40 HRs this year for Thome. What they failed to mention was that this was the number at home! Can we add another 20 on the road and look at 50 - 60 for the season?!