PDA

View Full Version : Am I just FAT, or are the Green Seats SMALLER?

Born SoxFan 1962
04-05-2006, 07:42 AM
I'm one meal away from being spotted from space and I realize my size is totally "self-inflicted" but these new green seats suck. With the arm rests digging in at the waist on both sides I'm risking leaving my pants behind when jumping to my feet for a home run.

With every news channel and newspaper running stories that Americans are getting larger by the second, why would they shave an inch off each side of our seats?

Did anyone else notice this or did I just celebrate too much in the offseason?

munchman33
04-05-2006, 07:51 AM
I'm one meal away from being spotted from space and I realize my size is totally "self-inflicted" but these new green seats suck. With the arm rests digging in at the waist on both sides I'm risking leaving my pants behind when jumping to my feet for a home run.

With every news channel and newspaper running stories that Americans are getting larger by the second, why would they shave an inch off each side of our seats?

Did anyone else notice this or did I just celebrate too much in the offseason?

Hey man, I'm right there with you. WAY too much celebrating. The seats are definately the same size. We are definately not. :gulp:

34 Inch Stick
04-05-2006, 08:57 AM
Butter that bacon, boy.

It is a conspiracy against fat people. Just like when a store has a sale but is out of the XL on anything but the most hideous clothes.

batmanZoSo
04-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Butter that bacon, boy.

It is a conspiracy against fat people. Just like when a store has a sale but is out of the XL on anything but the most hideous clothes.

Mm-hmm. Hold that thought.

Bacon up that sausage, boy.

I thought I heard the new seats were actually bigger. Or, rather don't they vary depending on what row you're in--the higher up, the narrower, etc.?

itsnotrequired
04-05-2006, 09:23 AM
I thought I heard the new seats were actually bigger. Or, rather don't they vary depending on what row you're in--the higher up, the narrower, etc.?

Supposedly, that is the case. I'm in the Upper Deck and my seat feels about the same width as I remember.

The seat does feel a bit harder though. I guess I'll just have to "work it in". The old blue seats had 15 years to get nice and soft.:D:

chisoxfanatic
04-05-2006, 09:27 AM
It depends on where in the section you are sitting. The seats in the front rows are SLIGHTLY more narrow than the seats in the back few rows. Check the green seat thread for more specifics.

BV2005
04-05-2006, 12:59 PM
they seemed fine by me, and I gained 20 lbs. since last season

PorkChopExpress
04-05-2006, 01:47 PM
I noticed this, too. There is definitely less room between me and the person sitting next to me than there was last year, and I lost weight since then. However, there are now enough cupholders on the seats so that everyone in the row has a place to put a drink. The old seats never had holders on the aisles. Tit for tat I guess.

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 01:49 PM
my rear still fits nicely in the seats..I didn't notice any difference. I was in the upper deck.

DaBears
04-05-2006, 01:51 PM
I sat in both the old blue and new green seats on OD...I thought the green ones seemed narrower, but that might have been my perception. I'm not exactly sure.

LauraJ14
04-05-2006, 02:02 PM
My seats are in the first row and the seats do seem smaller than last year.
But I am not complaining because we now have cup holders!!!!

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-05-2006, 04:19 PM
Maybe they seem smaller cuz the mounting rail is more prominent than the blue seats...but they're cool as hell.

SoLongFrank
04-05-2006, 05:06 PM
They look bigger (optical trick: dark color vs bright color) but I can't really say I noticed an actual difference sitting in them. I'm typically a bleacher bum though.

chicagojoe
04-05-2006, 05:56 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63846&page=7&highlight=green+seats

Click the link and go to post #98

gbergman
04-05-2006, 05:58 PM
maybe the sox are secretly telling people to go on a diet so you can live longer and see more Sox games:D:

NoNeckEra
04-05-2006, 06:52 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=63846&page=7&highlight=green+seats

Click the link and go to post #98
Joe's link is the key. I checked under my seats in the UD and sure enough they had the number "21" embossed by the rear bolt, indicating they are 21" wide. It makes a BIG difference with all the extra clothing necessary in the opening weeks. Lucky me.:smile:

chicagojoe
04-05-2006, 08:25 PM
When I was working there, i sat in an 18" seat and a 20" seat. Right away I was able to tell the difference. I am in no way a large person, but I felt uncomfortable in the 18 incher.