PDA

View Full Version : Question for ST Holders

cbone
04-05-2006, 07:05 AM
I purchased the Double Play plan. A friend and I have 4 together in 535 row 13. We love the seats. Here is my dilemma.

There is a young woman sitting directly behind us who is everyone's nightmare. She never stops talking and is not shy about cutting loose with profanity. My friend and I both plan on bringing our sons to many of the games. They are both 10 years old. I listened to this woman for 4 1/2 innings, finally when the Sox missed another scoring opportunity she lets loose with another tirade. I turned around and told her, "That's enough. There are two young kids here." She apologized, but then proceeded with remarks like, "Wait till they get to college, like they haven't heard it before." That kind of stuff.

I don't know if I can take a whole season with her behind us, and yes she is behind us the whole season. I don't want this to be a war every game. Suggestions? Write my ticket rep, threaten with security? I'm open to all of these.

kruzer31
04-05-2006, 08:42 AM
Hock a lugie in her face and then yell at her " Say Hello, to my Little Friend!!"

Jeff

INSox56
04-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Well yeah, security really could be the final answer. Profanity is essentially against the rules when you get down to it. Especially when you're in 533 and they can't hear you with a packed house... I mean I'll admit it, I swear during games (not yelling, but just talking with my buddies), but I have enough decency and respect for other people to where if they said something to me I'd graciously apologize and stop what I was doing. Not say basically "screw you buddy".

rdwj
04-05-2006, 08:54 AM
I think you did the right thing - and would continue on the same path for at least a couple of games. Be polite, but firm. If it doesn't work, ask a security person what they can do. I've seem them ask people to cool it before.

Oh, and you may want to take this opportunity to teach your kids that there is plenty of trash in the world and being an obnoxious idiot isn't cool.

Ol' No. 2
04-05-2006, 01:15 PM
I've had similar problems, but it's rare. Usually an usher would be your first move if talking to the person doesn't solve the problem. They will often follow up with security if they can't resolve the problem.