PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie ticket plan-ripoff?

thunderstruck
04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
Today was the first game of the 13 game plan that we (the family) had purchased a few months back, and we happened to be in the very last row, Which is understandable for such a big game. When we bought the plan, we selected "best available" tickets and when we received them in the mail, I checked the location of every ticket. Every one of them was upper deck, a little disappointing. But after closer inspection, i realized all were in the upper half of the upper deck, with most of the tickets being in rows 16-21. I was wondering if anyone else had similar results in buying the 13 game ticket plan.

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
When did you buy the plan...the later you bought the plan, the "worse" your seats are. When Ozzie plan went on sale and individual tickets went on sale, mostly everything left was UD only. Season tickets jumped to 21,000 this year in case you didn't know.

thunderstruck
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
I dont remember the exact date, but it was a few weeks after the plan went on sale. I had no idea season ticket sales were that high, thanks.

buehrle4cy05
04-04-2006, 10:30 PM
I bought a 27-game season ticket plan in early January and am in row 14 of section 526. I can't complain, I love my seats. I think the Upper Deck is great, and there are very few bad seats in the UD.

MUsoxfan
04-04-2006, 10:34 PM
I bought my plan in the middle of February. Tonight was the first of my 13 game package. I was in 514 row 9. Some seats for later games are far worse than that.

You have to keep in mind that "Best Available" starts at home plate and works out to the foul poles. To Ticketmaster, 537 row 19 is better than 518 row 6 because it is closer to home plate

chisoxfanatic
04-04-2006, 10:52 PM
You have to keep in mind that "Best Available" starts at home plate and works out to the foul poles. To Ticketmaster, 537 row 19 is better than 518 row 6 because it is closer to home plate

You also have to keep in mind that they don't release all tickets at the same time, so there could be seats that are even better that haven't been sold. The system's kinda screwy; but, what can you do?

C-Dawg
04-05-2006, 05:50 AM
I bought my Ozzie Plan when they first went on sale, and had the choice of either Upper or Lower for most of the games. I was able to see exactly what seats I was getting even before completing the sale online (they gave me the chance to choose new seats if I didn't like the first choice). No surprises!

jdieter
04-05-2006, 08:21 AM
I just did a trial run last week on the Ozzie plan to see what's available. 10 of 13 were lower deck. Didn't buy I'm still boycotting the strike. Ya, I know that's was a long time ago. However I did cave slightly, am going to a single game this season. First time in 10 years. A championship tempers the wounds, a second one would be a complete healing.

gobears1987
04-05-2006, 08:25 AM
WHat Strike? SEriously, I'm over it. Been over it for probably 3 or 4 years.

DumpJerry
04-05-2006, 08:45 AM
I just did a trial run last week on the Ozzie plan to see what's available. 10 of 13 were lower deck. Didn't buy I'm still boycotting the strike. Ya, I know that's was a long time ago. However I did cave slightly, am going to a single game this season. First time in 10 years. A championship tempers the wounds, a second one would be a complete healing.
Ok, it took me about two to three years to come back. I decided to stop punishing myself by denying the fun of going to Sox games. Time heals all wounds. 1994 was 12 years ago.

daveeym
04-05-2006, 09:32 AM
Also did you pick all weekend games in your ozzie plan? Weekend games are more likely to find you in the upper deck where there are lower deck tickets for midweek games.