PDA

View Full Version : Clarifications on Logan's line please

whtsx1959
04-04-2006, 08:23 PM
In the 5th Ozzie brought in Boone Logan to pitch. He gave up one hit in two innings pitched and that hit scored 2 runs.
Garcia gets charged with the 2 ER and also the 2 R. Is this the corrected ruling or should Boone be charged a 2 R but not an ER?
(That's the way I keep score, and I thought it was right)

Mohoney
04-04-2006, 08:29 PM
In the 5th Ozzie brought in Boone Logan to pitch. He gave up one hit in two innings pitched and that hit scored 2 runs.
Garcia gets charged with the 2 ER and also the 2 R. Is this the corrected ruling or should Boone be charged a 2 R but not an ER?

The runs are Garcia's since both runners reached base when Garcia was pitching. For Logan, they count 2/2 in the "inherited runners/scored" category.

Clembasbal
04-04-2006, 08:30 PM

Those are Freddy's runs because he left with them on base and he pitched to him.

Now for Boone his Inherited runners scored is 2.

Clembasbal
04-04-2006, 08:30 PM
The runs are Garcia's since both runners reached base when Garcia was pitching. For Logan, they count 2/2 in the "inherited runners/scored" category.

Classic, basically the same thing...moments apart!:D:

Ol' No. 2
04-04-2006, 11:41 PM
As dumb as BP usually is, they have a nifty system for scoring inherited/bequeathed runners called Fair Runs Allowed. They calculate the likelihood of a bequeathed runner scoring and charge the leaving pitcher with that fractional run (e.g. if he left a runner on 1st with no outs and the liklihood of that runner scoring in that situation is 10%, he gets charged with 0.1 run). If the reliever allows them to score, he gets charged with the remainder of the run (0.9 in the above example). If he strands them, he gets a negative run allowed equal to what the leaving pitcher got (-0.1 run in the example). With multiple runners bequeathed, each is charged according to their liklihood of scoring.

chaerulez
04-05-2006, 01:53 AM
As dumb as BP usually is, they have a nifty system for scoring inherited/bequeathed runners called Fair Runs Allowed. They calculate the likelihood of a bequeathed runner scoring and charge the leaving pitcher with that fractional run (e.g. if he left a runner on 1st with no outs and the liklihood of that runner scoring in that situation is 10%, he gets charged with 0.1 run). If the reliever allows them to score, he gets charged with the remainder of the run (0.9 in the above example). If he strands them, he gets a negative run allowed equal to what the leaving pitcher got (-0.1 run in the example). With multiple runners bequeathed, each is charged according to their liklihood of scoring.

Some of BP's stats are very good. It's just when they apply their stupid elitest baseball attitude that tends to rub people the wrong way.