6. Thome is in a ridiculous groove, hopefully PK will follow suit soon
7. Boone Logan is a hell of a story, hope he can be solid for us
8. Jenks looked good, but still had problems throwing strikes with his curve
9. It's great to have a reliable, deep bench

TheDarkGundam
04-04-2006, 08:13 PM
1. agreed
2. My seat was green. :D:
3. Didn't see too many bandwagoners (I guess I was lucky)
4. Didn't hear the chant, but I was in the UD. My dad said "Throw it back!" but judging on the way I freaked out when he said it, I think he was joking
5. Yeah, Freddy was a little off today.
6. At the rate Thome is going, we'll have a new single season HR king! :redneck
7. Boone pitched pretty good when he first came in
8. Jenks was great. Wished I could've seen him pitch 100mph
9. Yep. Bench was good today.

PedroLopez
04-04-2006, 08:16 PM
Bench wasn't great today, but it's good to have guys that are capable. No one looked good today, except for Thome and Jenks

TheOldRoman
04-04-2006, 08:27 PM
1. agreed
2. My seat was green. :D:
3. Didn't see too many bandwagoners (I guess I was lucky)
4. Didn't hear the chant, but I was in the UD. My dad said "Throw it back!" but judging on the way I freaked out when he said it, I think he was joking
5. Yeah, Freddy was a little off today.
6. At the rate Thome is going, we'll have a new single season HR king by July! :redneck
7. Boone pitched pretty good when he first came in
8. Jenks was great. Wished I could've seen him pitch 100mph
9. Yep. Bench was good today.

Fixed it for you. I fully expect Thome to keep up his current pace.:D:

Mohoney
04-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Fixed it for you. I fully expect Thome to keep up his current pace.:D:

Nah. He'll hit a hot streak at some point and hit 50 by Memorial Day.:redneck

soxfanatlanta
04-04-2006, 08:34 PM
5. Freddy looked lax today, I'd rather see him as our 5th starter

Yeah, I'm not too worried about his velocity right now, but he needs to get his location back. To go from Arizona to the chilly lakefront takes a bit of adjustment, IMO. I like what Farmio said about Boone today, "Somebody is going to figure out that he swings on the first pitch". Not too sure if the location of the pitches were off, or if AJ just refused to change his strategy. Who knows. One thing is for sure, Cleveland is hitting very well right now.

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Tom Share sucked.

NoNeckEra
04-04-2006, 08:43 PM
Tom Share sucked.
So did Tom Shear.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Tom Share sucked.

AGREED. No bass in his voice...I miss Gene Honda.

AND, they turned down Thunderstruck so Tom's voice could be heard...:angry:

gosox3072
04-04-2006, 08:45 PM
That Thome homer was absolutely crushed, it was like 20 rows up in section 101. Screen said 448 ft, but thats gotta be farther than that.

Other than that, there was indeed a LOT of bandwagon fans there as there was a lot of empty seats by the 7th inning. The atmosphere wasnt that great but then again we lost 8-2 so what do you expect.

The flyover after the national anthem was AWESOME!

gobears1987
04-04-2006, 08:46 PM
Bench wasn't great today, but it's good to have guys that are capable. No one looked good today, except for Thome and JenksI'd say they were good. We wouldn't have had any hits in the first 3 innings if it wasn't for Cintron and Mackowiak. They were our whole offense until Thome killed that ball. (how far was it?)

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 08:48 PM
So did Tom Shear.

:rolleyes:

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 08:49 PM
AGREED. No bass in his voice...I miss Gene Honda.

AND, they turned down Thunderstruck so Tom's voice could be heard...:angry:

I wonder how much he paid for that one. Seriously, how else is Shear getting picked to do the fill for Honda in early April?

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 08:51 PM
I wonder how much he paid for that one. Seriously, how else is Shear getting picked to do the fill for Honda in early April?
Gene Honda partied too hard in Indy last night.:tongue:

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Besides Tom Share/Shaer/Shair....

Is it me, or do the BWJ's just "pop" out? Like you can see them a mile away? I'm really not trying to start anything, but it's almost like they go out of their way to "buy in" to the experience....there were a handful of people (sec 552) that you could just tell were new to the experience.

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 08:58 PM

Is it me, or do the BWJ's just "pop" out? Like you can see them a mile away? I'm really not trying to start anything, but it's almost like they go out of their way to "buy in" to the experience....there were a handful of people (sec 552) that you could just tell were new to the experience.

Yes, there some some buy us near 110. These two were dressed like they were coming from a night on the town, the guy bought world series hats and was standing, talking on his phone during the game and got pissed when he was told to sit down.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, there some some buy us near 110. These two were dressed like they were coming from a night on the town, the guy bought world series hats and was standing, talking on his phone during the game and got pissed when he was told to sit down.
I understand you get better reception when you stand.

There was an Indians fan sitting near me in the Upper Deck. His seat was such that if people walked into the seating area and just stood at the end of the "hallway", it blocked his view of the infield. He kept politely asking people to not stand there (you're not supposed to anyway) and most of the Sox "fans" that he was talking to threw some swears his way before sulking off. Nice...

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-04-2006, 09:06 PM

There was an Indians fan sitting near me in the Upper Deck. His seat was such that if people walked into the seating area and just stood at the end of the "hallway", it blocked his view of the infield. He kept politely asking people to not stand there (you're not supposed to anyway) and most of the Sox "fans" that he was talking to threw some swears his way before sulking off. Nice...

It seems a majority of the f bombs and swearing were from the BWJ's right?

buehrle4cy05
04-04-2006, 09:07 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/n1149750154_30058645_8928.jpg

I think I got a pretty good picture.:cool:

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 09:09 PM
It seems a majority of the f bombs and swearing were from the BWJ's right?

Beats me. I wasn't able to grill them with questions ala Hangar.:cool:

They could have been die-hards for all I know but the dudes were jags. The usher was also a little lax since people kept doing it and the guy kept having to bring it to the usher's attention.

NoNeckEra
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM

I guess we have a choice:
1) No BWJ and a lower payroll, or
2) BWJ and field a WS caliber team

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I guess we have a choice:
1) No BWJ and a lower payroll, or
2) BWJ and field a WS caliber team

I pick # 2. No argument...guess it's up to the COTC to kick in "attitude adjustment" classes. :D:

Mohoney
04-04-2006, 09:33 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/shingotime10/n1149750154_30058645_8928.jpg

That's definitely a keeper. Well done.

TheDarkGundam
04-04-2006, 09:39 PM

There was an Indians fan sitting near me in the Upper Deck. His seat was such that if people walked into the seating area and just stood at the end of the "hallway", it blocked his view of the infield. He kept politely asking people to not stand there (you're not supposed to anyway) and most of the Sox "fans" that he was talking to threw some swears his way before sulking off. Nice... Kinda big guy holding a beer? I was 2 rows behind him. Some of the people he asked to move got really mad. They'd move out of the way and then look up at him:
"Can you see now?!" "Is this good?!"
From what I could tell, he was asking them politely, "Could you please move? I can't see." If they said something to him, or didn't move, he'd signal for the usher. But the people behind me thought it was like he was asking them to jump off or something. They were calling him names and stuff.

gobears1987
04-04-2006, 09:43 PM

sweet 4 F-16 Vipers (I call them Lawn Darts) with 2 external drop tanks

Bobbo35
04-04-2006, 09:44 PM
That Thome homer was absolutely crushed, it was like 20 rows up in section 101. Screen said 448 ft, but thats gotta be farther than that.

Other than that, there was indeed a LOT of bandwagon fans there as there was a lot of empty seats by the 7th inning. The atmosphere wasnt that great but then again we lost 8-2 so what do you expect.

Ya, there are a lot of bandwagon fans all over the suburbs. I just got back from working out and I was talking to a guy who had a sox hat and shirt on. So I ask him, "did you see the game today?" He replies, they played today? I was like ya I just got back from the game then he goes on to ask me if they won on Monday, I was saying in my head, what kind of fan doesn't even know if they won or not. The kick in the head was he asked who they played, I had to end the conversation and walk away.

My synopsis is that if you wear the gear, have a freakin clue!

As for the game: The ceremony was great. Rowand coming back and the cheer of the crowd brought a tear to the eye. The weather was great, Thome's bomb was great, the rest could have fared better, but they will get it back tommorow. Go Sox!!!

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 09:48 PM

Simply stunning! Gives me chills just like this morning!! (Or maybe because I was in the shade and cold). :smile: Awesome photo!

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Gives me chills just like this morning!! (Or maybe because I was in the shade and cold).
Tell me about it! I was on the first base side in the shade and was so jealous looking across the field at peole wearing short sleeves. Me? I was wearing two t-shirts, a sweatshirt and a winter hat...and I was STILL cold.

rookie
04-04-2006, 10:22 PM
I was on the 3rd base side, so I was quite warm. The flyover scared me for a sec, I've never seen that before. It was cool. It was also cool that Aaron got such a long ovation. And the ringbearers walking across the field to the pitcher's mound was awesome. And el Duque was there.

Spring has officially started for me. A wonderful spring day-game. Except that they lost. But I'll overlook it this time. With so much pomp and circumstance it must be a little hard to focus. I know it's hard for me to...I just hope they come down to earth before I do.

0o0o0
04-04-2006, 10:31 PM
5. Freddy looked lax today, I'd rather see him as our 5th starter
Yeah how about Freddy? I kept thinking all game that someone needed to slap him in the face to wake him up.
And Tom Shaer was rough. "Rafael Belliard"? I believe he called A Rod's grand slam a "Salami"as well.
Ouch.