PDA

View Full Version : Ring ceremony Invasion..

MySoxAreClean
04-04-2006, 07:45 PM
I noticed that no one mentioned anything about when The Idians had taken the Field, DURING THE WHITE SOX CEREMONEY I was So Fnd pissed, I was yelling at them to get the F off the field:angry:

DumpJerry
04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
I ignored them. It didn't bother me at all. I'm just glad Hafner wasn't out there....

cbotnyse
04-04-2006, 08:25 PM
I noticed that too and thought it was pretty class-less....We beat them in the division race and dominated the playoffs....have a little respect and stand in your dugout and clap.....really didnt like to see that.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 08:35 PM
I ignored them. It didn't bother me at all. I'm just glad Hafner wasn't out there....

Same here. Who cares? It wasn't like they were shagging balls in front of the display table.

CHISOXFAN13
04-04-2006, 08:40 PM
The game started on time, so the Indians have the right to warm up as they normally would. I'm not going to piss and moan about everything someone else does. Who the **** cares?

BeviBall!
04-04-2006, 08:50 PM
I noticed that too and thought it was pretty class-less....We beat them in the division race and dominated the playoffs....have a little respect and stand in your dugout and clap.....really didnt like to see that.

Are you kidding me? You are kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

cbotnyse
04-04-2006, 08:54 PM
Are you kidding me? You are kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding.

it wasnt a big deal, but when the Red Sox won and got their rings the Yankees all stood there and watched respectfully......I was just thinking to myself, if I was a player Id watch as motivation to stand there someday and get a ring of my own...thats just me

BeviBall!
04-04-2006, 08:57 PM
it wasnt a big deal, but when the Red Sox won and got their rings the Yankees all stood there and watched respectfully......I was just thinking to myself, if I was a player Id watch as motivation to stand there someday and get a ring of my own...thats just me

You have to put yourself in their place. First, they had to deal with their division rivals unveiling the banner on Sunday. Now, they have to deal with them getting rings in an overblown presentation. I'd be a little annoyed if I was a toon/toon fan. Besides, I wasn't watching them anyway!

cbotnyse
04-04-2006, 09:01 PM
You have to put yourself in their place. First, they had to deal with their division rivals unveiling the banner on Sunday. Now, they have to deal with them getting rings in an overblown presentation. I'd be a little annoyed if I was a toon/toon fan. Besides, I wasn't watching them anyway!

Sunday- banner

Tuesday - rings

Wednesday - trophy

if they warm up during the trophy ceremony Ill let it slide, they should be pretty annoyed by that point.

Dadawg_77
04-04-2006, 09:02 PM

Or you could get ready to win the game in order to move a step closer to getting a ring.

mrs. hendu
04-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I didn't even notice them... :?:
I agree that they may be pretty annoyed by now, but I also agree that you stay off the field during the ceremony. Still, whatever.

Chicago
04-04-2006, 09:21 PM
they should have stayed off till the end of the ceremony...

I don't see how them having to watch our banner unvailing or ring ceremony makes it ok for them to be "annoyed" and be a distraction. I didn't pay them any attention, but it's still classless.

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 09:28 PM
they should have stayed off till the end of the ceremony...

I don't see how them having to watch our banner unvailing or ring ceremony makes it ok for them to be "annoyed" and be a distraction. I didn't pay them any attention, but it's still classless.

Um, maybe because they want to prepare for that little baseball game that that follows the main event.

So, its not OK for the Indians to be annoyed because they are forced to see/hear something they may not want to see/hear, but we have a whole other thread about bandwagoners who annoy the COTC because they make a statistical mistake when talking about the Sox.

Personally, I go to Sox games because I am a fan. I can care less who the guy is in front of me, as long as he is not breaking the ground rules for US Cellular Field. If hes not cursing at the top of his lungs, pushing people around, throwing syringes, or anything else that breaks the rules, then I can really care less if he's wearing a Sox hat with a circle and a slash through it.
I have important things in life to worry about.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Personally, I go to Sox games because I am a fan. I can care less who the guy is in front of me, as long as he is not breaking the ground rules for US Cellular Field. If hes not cursing at the top of his lungs, pushing people around, throwing syringes, or anything else that breaks the rules, then I can really care less if he's wearing a Sox hat with a circle and a slash through it.

But what if someone puts ketchup on a hot dog?:redneck

Chicago
04-04-2006, 09:37 PM
Um, maybe because they want to prepare for that little baseball game that that follows the main event.

So, its not OK for the Indians to be annoyed because they are forced to see/hear something they may not want to see/hear, but we have a whole other thread about bandwagoners who annoy the COTC because they make a statistical mistake when talking about the Sox.

So now your saying that if cleveland can't be annoyed then we can't be annoyed by stupid/false comments made by bandwagoners??? I don't see how that makes sense. Stupid/false comments are just that... stupid/false. The Sox ceremonies are part of the game. If they can't deal with it then why are they playing... its part of being a player. Winning team celebrates.

I'm sure everyone here goes to the games for the same reasons as you, because we are fans. Thanks for letting me know...

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 09:39 PM
So now your saying that if cleveland can't be annoyed then we can't be annoyed by stupid/false comments made by bandwagoners??? I don't see how that makes sense. Stupid/false comments are just that... stupid/false. The Sox ceremonies are part of the game. If they can't deal with it then why are they playing... its part of being a player. Winning team celebrates.

I'm sure everyone here goes to the gams for the same reasons as you, because we are fans. thanks for letting me know...

But why are you worried about other peoples knowledge of the game? It sounds more like petty jealousy that they're in your beloved ballpark than actual conversational issues.

And why cant the opposing team warm-up before the game? If you recall, a certain #34 was too busy being a distraction warming up in left field before the game to accept his ring.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-04-2006, 09:45 PM
I didn't even notice them... :?:
I agree that they may be pretty annoyed by now, but I also agree that you stay off the field during the ceremony. Still, whatever.

Yeah they have a nice clubhouse with leather chairs and food. They could've busied themselves in there.

Chicago
04-04-2006, 09:46 PM
But why are you worried about other peoples knowledge of the game? It sounds more like petty jealousy that they're in your beloved ballpark than actual conversational issues.

And why cant the opposing team warm-up before the game? If you recall, a certain #34 was too busy being a distraction warming up in left field before the game to accept his ring.

i'm not worried about anything... again, i don't see how not liking misinformed comments equals petty jealousy??? Maybe you have me mistaken for someone that creates or posts about comments from bandwagoners... I just find them funny...

If there only intentions were to just warm up because they really felt they needed it... then so be it... IMO it was just to show how little they care about our ceremonies/fans... Like someone stated earlier, the NYY stood in the dugout and let Boston have their moment, maybe if they would have warmed up instead they would have been the ones having the 2006 ceremonies. :rolleyes:

mrs. hendu
04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
Yeah they have a nice clubhouse with leather chairs and food. They could've busied themselves in there.

Sure, why not. :cool:

D. TODD
04-04-2006, 09:50 PM
The game started on time, so the Indians have the right to warm up as they normally would. I'm not going to piss and moan about everything someone else does. Who the **** cares? I couldn't agree more. They were getting ready for the game, and it did not interfere with the Sox receiving their rings at all. If you were more concerned with a couple of guys running windsprints in the outfield instead of the Sox getting their bling that's your problem.

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 10:43 PM
I couldn't agree more. They were getting ready for the game, and it did not interfere with the Sox receiving their rings at all. If you were more concerned with a couple of guys running windsprints in the outfield instead of the Sox getting their bling that's your problem.

Speaking of bling, I had to laugh with that woman's sing "Girls love the bling, let get another ring!" Almost as good as "Paulie's Peeps" on Sunday (done with sugar peeps, of course)