PDA

View Full Version : Best Obvious Bandwagon Jumper Lines......

soxinem1
04-04-2006, 06:44 PM
I don't know if this will become as popular as the 'Write the Cubune Headline' thread, but we will have a long season of stupid comments coming from that group who just has to be seen and heard when a team or event become popular because of their success. I cannot stop laughing!!

We are talking about, of course, 'The Bandwagon Jumper'!

Some of these are so funny, we have to keep a record. So I will start with my two favorites from today:

'They've never drawn well here. They opened this place right around the time they tore up the Ryan last time, they got off on the wrong foot'.

'How many will this place hold (guy answering a question)? 55-56,000, last I checked. They have more seats now than when they opened because they filled in the runways here in the OF'.

FedEx227
04-04-2006, 07:14 PM
"What the hell... we don't get to see White Sox batting practice, they win a World Title and now they are special or something!"

"Who's this Cin-TROUNE guy...some rookie?"

"When I go to Wrigley..."

Clembasbal
04-04-2006, 07:27 PM
"The Sox were smart when they drafted Konerko."

"The Joan is a terrible place to watch a game."

A question was asked to me today, "Who is your favorite White Sox?" My response was "Man Soo Lee." I got, "Who the the hell is that, some minor leaguer?" I just thought that most Sox fans would know who the best bullpen catcher in baseball was!

whtsx1959
04-04-2006, 07:30 PM
A question was asked to me today, "Who is your favorite White Sox?" My response was "Man Soo Lee." I got, "Who the the hell is that, some minor leaguer?" I just thought that most Sox fans would know who the best bullpen catcher in baseball was!
2nd loudest cheer when he was introduced Sunday too. (Behind Bossard)

Johnny74
04-04-2006, 08:42 PM
I have more respect now for the cubs fans who have remained cubs fans. It shows they have some integrity to stay with their team instead of jumping on the bandwagon. I have no respect for these new fans who try to pretend they are lifers. UGH!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-04-2006, 08:49 PM

Only White Sox fans know the names of the bullpen catcher, bullpen manager, head trainer, strength and conditioning coach, pitching coach, head groundskeeper, and clubhouse manager.

Am I forgettting anyone?

JohnBasedowYoda
04-04-2006, 08:50 PM
2nd loudest cheer when he was introduced Sunday too. (Behind Bossard)

I really think Aaron got the loudest cheer.

whtsx1959
04-04-2006, 09:06 PM
I really think Aaron got the loudest cheer.

Si pero I'm talking about Sunday (Opening Day) to your today (Ring Ceremony)

thomas35forever
04-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I have more respect now for the cubs fans who have remained cubs fans. It shows they have some integrity to stay with their team instead of jumping on the bandwagon. I have no respect for these new fans who try to pretend they are lifers. UGH!

I haven't had to deal with many bandwagon jumpers at school except for this one kid in my English class and this girl I dated a couple of times last year. The other Cubs fans are just obnoxious.

0o0o0
04-04-2006, 09:08 PM
"Hey this guy's name is Boone. He must be bad."

0o0o0
04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
...When Boone Logan came in to pitch that is.

Jurr
04-04-2006, 09:27 PM
That is the price of success. It's not that big a deal. Yes, you're going to see lots of people ooohing and aahhing about infield flies, thinking it was gone.
You're going to see people constantly getting up for beer, talking with their backs to the game, etc. Their ticket money is putting a better product on the field for Sox fans. Oh well.

Lots of people jump on the bandwagon. It's okay. We welcome new fans. I recall that the membership of WSI went up A LOT over this last season.
We welcome all comers. Just love our Sox like we do. :bandance:

FedEx227
04-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Casey Blake up with men on 2nd and 3rd 1 out during the intentional walk
"Why the **** are we walking him, his name is Casey, he won't do anything!"

Frontman
04-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Well, I'm new to the site, but I've been a Sox fan born and raised. Hell, growing up at 35th and Emerald in Bridgeport tends to give you a whole different perspective when it comes to baseball.......

Anyhoo, glad to have found such a fun site, but here's a few that I love:

"What the hell is the big deal that they hired Ozzie to manage? He sucked as a player and never did anything!"

"I can't believe that they let Frank go. He did so much for the team last season." (Granted, if someone replaces "last season" with "over the years," I can give them that point.)

When you say "Pudge" to someone, they think of Ivan Rodriquez, not Carlton Fisk.

"The White Sox never sell out. Ever."

"Look at the Mayor sucking up to the Sox. Bandwagon jumper!"

And one for the baseball moronic:

"Why is it that Sox fans feel any sort of loyalty to Harry Carey? He only called Cubs games!"

Front

JohnBasedowYoda
04-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Si pero I'm talking about Sunday (Opening Day) to your today (Ring Ceremony)

My bad bro

RealMenWearBlack
04-04-2006, 11:13 PM

:o:

chisoxfanatic
04-04-2006, 11:20 PM
I was in the grocery store a few days ago wearing my World Series Champions hat and minding my own business, when all of a sudden, someone comes out of nowhere and tells me that I "probably wasn't a fan before October of 2005."

Uhhh, wrongo! Try the earliest Frank Thomas days!

MrRoboto83
04-04-2006, 11:32 PM
Today at the ballpark I had to remind many "Sox Fans" that we do not throw home run balls back, and we do not chant "throw it back" and that we are not playing at the Urinal.

HotelWhiteSox
04-04-2006, 11:36 PM
I'm being sarcastic

:wink:

gosox3072
04-04-2006, 11:59 PM
Only White Sox fans know the names of the bullpen catcher, bullpen manager, head trainer, strength and conditioning coach, pitching coach, head groundskeeper, and clubhouse manager.

Am I forgettting anyone?

:(: Uh oh....im not sure who our strength and conditioning coach is....hope that dont make me a bandwagoner

peeonwrigley
04-05-2006, 12:07 AM
Two rows behind me I heard this gem between the ring ceremony and first pitch:

"When we go to Wrigley we just stay at da bar until da game gets close. Da bars here are too far away so we just came in for da first inning. Didn't know bout da tailgatin'"

I must say, I was impressed at the business these fans provided the beer vendor.

Dadawg_77
04-05-2006, 12:07 AM
:(: Uh oh....im not sure who our strength and conditioning coach is....hope that dont make me a bandwagoner

Easy way to remember this is De Paul Blue Demons. Dale Torborg moniker as a professional wrestler was the Demon who dress like a member of KISS. Even thou Dale is the roving S&C coach, that should work.

I forgot thename of the White Sox S&T coach, but he is from NC (I think) and his house burned down last year during the season.

chisox
04-05-2006, 12:27 AM
"throw it back! throw it back! throw it back!"

"hey! beer guy! two old styles!"

"sox or cubs doesn't matter to me. i'm more of a chicago fan than anything else."

"churro? is that ozzie's youngest son?"

INSox56
04-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Yeah yesterday I got "Logan....who the *@#&$ is this guy???" sigh

Jurr
04-05-2006, 08:02 AM
"throw it back! throw it back! throw it back!"

"hey! beer guy! two old styles!"

"sox or cubs doesn't matter to me. i'm more of a chicago fan than anything else."

That would be the remark that I'd be :mad: about. Nothing like the "Chicago fans".

chisox
04-05-2006, 09:02 AM
That would be the remark that I'd be :mad: about. Nothing like the "Chicago fans".

i spend most of my time outside of chicago, you'd be surprised how many people "from chicago" i meet who have this mentality. i shudder every time...

mrs. hendu
04-05-2006, 09:14 AM

Ha ha, good one! :D:

skottyj242
04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I had a guy yell at me yseterday because I stood up and told the guy who caught the home-run NOT to throw it back to keep it or give it to a kid. This guy a couple of rows in front of me wearing a Bankmees hat no less turned around and yelled this isn't Wrigley....we don't do that stuff here. I asked if he even heard what I said and he yelled some more. This was also the same kid that before the game when Coop was walking to the bullpen and everyone started yelling COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP was wondering "Why are they booing that guy?"

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Kind of trivial but I heard yesterday that A.J's name is "Alex"

chi_guy
04-05-2006, 09:37 AM
I was at my son's baseball practice yesterday. The coach asked the kids to introduce themselves and what their favorite team was. Last year the Cubs fans out numbered the Sox fans 3 to 1. This year only 1 kid admitted to being a Cubs fan.

chisox
04-05-2006, 09:41 AM
I was at my son's baseball practice yesterday. The coach asked the kids to introduce themselves and what their favorite team was. Last year the Cubs fans out numbered the Sox fans 3 to 1. This year only 1 kid admitted to being a Cubs fan.

hhhahhahahahahaha. i don't blame the kids for that one. i blame that on bad parenting.

Madvora
04-05-2006, 12:56 PM
That "Chicago Fan" one is the worst.

One that has been mentioned a lot and always seems to come up with people I'm sitting around is, "who the hell is this guy?" I would think you should at least have heard the names of all players on the team.

Baby Fisk
04-05-2006, 01:19 PM

That's got to be the best (worst?) one. The Mayor's father and mother went to a Sox game on their first date.

34 Inch Stick
04-05-2006, 01:26 PM
To be fair though, the mayor did not attend a Sox game for a number of years (although the family did maintain season tickets). How, as a fan, do you not attend a game at least once on a nice sunny summer weekend?

Baby Fisk
04-05-2006, 01:29 PM
To be fair though, the mayor did not attend a Sox game for a number of years (although the family did maintain season tickets). How, as a fan, do you not attend a game at least once on a nice sunny summer weekend?Does the current Mayor D live in Bridgeport, or was that only the first Mayor D?

Dadawg_77
04-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Does the current Mayor D live in Bridgeport, or was that only the first Mayor D?

The current Mayor moved out of Bridgeport to the South Loop a few years ago.

hillbilly
04-05-2006, 01:47 PM
Without question, this has to be the ABSOLUTE worst (best): As I ask someone how they scored tickets to Sunday's opening day by buying season tickets? Their Response: "No, work had season tickets and I won them." I say you could've sold them for a pretty penny if you wanted too. His reply, "No way was I selling these tickets, I'm one of the biggest Sox fans you'll ever meet. This is my first game in 8 years!" Are you serious!!??

Frontman
04-05-2006, 10:28 PM
That's got to be the best (worst?) one. The Mayor's father and mother went to a Sox game on their first date.

Originally Posted by Frontman

When I heard someone say that, I stopped dead in my tracks. I have two co-workers who are dyed-in-the-wool Cubs fans who even laughed at the moronic comment. The one even commented something like "Dude, if the city didn't make so much money off of the Cubs, the Mayor would of had his way years ago and banned them from being in Chicago," or something. Granted, the offender of the original comment I think still had the price tag on his Sox ballcap.

skobabe8
04-05-2006, 10:39 PM
Today at the ballpark I had to remind many "Sox Fans" that we do not throw home run balls back, and we do not chant "throw it back" and that we are not playing at the Urinal.

Well done!

ChiSoxGirl
04-05-2006, 10:49 PM
"C'mon guys, let's start the wave!" This was said to me by one of the guys behind me at the game yesterday, some time around the 6th inning or so. I promptly told him that takes place at Wrigley and is NOT done at Sox games! :angry:

fuzzy_patters
04-06-2006, 12:03 AM
Today, I was wearing a White Sox World Series t-shirt in Kokomo, Indiana. A guy came up to me and asked, "Did the White Sox win?"

I said, "the last I heard they were tied 3-3 in the ninth."

He said, "No, the Series. Did they win the Series?"

I responded, "Yeah."

The ignoramus replied, "I'm a really big fan. How did I miss that?"

Okay, so one minute ago this guy did not know who won the World Series, but now he is a big fan. I guess that explains the Steelers cap on his head in Kokomo, IN.

White_Sock
04-06-2006, 01:56 AM
"The White Sox have something going for them. Some of the names just sound like they belong to champions like "Ko-nerko."

Madvora
04-06-2006, 07:49 AM
Today, I was wearing a White Sox World Series t-shirt in Kokomo, Indiana. A guy came up to me and asked, "Did the White Sox win?"

I said, "the last I heard they were tied 3-3 in the ninth."

He said, "No, the Series. Did they win the Series?"

I responded, "Yeah."

The ignoramus replied, "I'm a really big fan. How did I miss that?"

Okay, so one minute ago this guy did not know who won the World Series, but now he is a big fan. I guess that explains the Steelers cap on his head in Kokomo, IN.
I thought I would have something to say, but I can't think of anything.
This is completely unbelievable.

McCuddy
04-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Without question, this has to be the ABSOLUTE worst (best): As I ask someone how they scored tickets to Sunday's opening day by buying season tickets? Their Response: "No, work had season tickets and I won them." I say you could've sold them for a pretty penny if you wanted too. His reply, "No way was I selling these tickets, I'm one of the biggest Sox fans you'll ever meet. This is my first game in 8 years!" Are you serious!!??

Playing devil's advocate....

Not everyone's got extra cash for tickets every year, or even every few years. This guy may very well have lucked into freebies for a rare Sunday night game, when he didn't have to work. I'm more impressed that he didn't sell 'em and used them himself.

(We also don't know where he was the past eight years. My attendance suffered greatly the years I lived in Michigan, for example...)

SOecks
04-06-2006, 09:54 AM
Playing devil's advocate....

Not everyone's got extra cash for tickets every year, or even every few years. This guy may very well have lucked into freebies for a rare Sunday night game, when he didn't have to work. I'm more impressed that he didn't sell 'em and used them himself.

(We also don't know where he was the past eight years. My attendance suffered greatly the years I lived in Michigan, for example...)

Agreed. I didn't go to a game for about 7 years at one point. 4+ years of college and 2 years of being the broke guy right out of college. That didn't make me any less of a fan though. I'd still either watch or listen to every game of every season. Just couldn't afford to go to one at the time.

jdm2662
04-06-2006, 10:55 AM
To be fair though, the mayor did not attend a Sox game for a number of years (although the family did maintain season tickets). How, as a fan, do you not attend a game at least once on a nice sunny summer weekend?

To be fair, a lot of fans didn't attend a game during that era, including me. Baseball wasn't getting my money for quite some time after what happened in 1994. Even then, the bulk of that time was my college days where I was either away, or worked nights and weekends at Dominick's. I hardly had a schedule to even attend games. I've attended on average about 5-6 games since 2000, though...