PDA

View Full Version : Comcast Plays Video Tribute

Lip Man 1
04-04-2006, 01:54 PM
In case anyone is taping the one hour pre game ceremony you'll get an added surprise. Comcast showed the tribute video they were 'supposed' to show Sunday night.

Obviously they got a ton of calls and complaints.

It is very nice!

But here's the kicker, I'm sure PHG will 'enjoy' this one. Comcast must think Sox fans are Cub fans.

Mark Shanowski (sorry if I spelled it wrong) apologized for not being able to show it Sunday night stating that 'because it aired after 7PM (Chicago time) Comcast wasn't able to show it, they had to be off the air because it was an ESPN game...'

Mark (or Comcast) who you crappin?

The video was shown during the BANNER ceremony. The banner ceremony happened BEFORE 7pm didn't it? In fact Comcast showed the ALDS part of the video tribute Sunday night.

Please.....

You can pull that garbage over on Cub fans but not Sox ones.

Try again guys to explain why you screwed up.

Lip

spongyfungy
04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Whatever the reason I thought the montage was great and long! Not as good as ESPN's emotional tugger but I liked it

Frontman
04-04-2006, 02:38 PM
Anyone have this on their computer yet? Also, anyone have the new montage with the footage of the 2005 World Series trophy in it as well as the music from "Pirates of the Caribean?" (sorry on the spelling on the last.)

Edward
04-04-2006, 02:45 PM
ESPN's video was much much better IMHO.

mikeybooyah
04-04-2006, 03:26 PM
In case anyone is taping the one hour pre game ceremony you'll get an added surprise. Comcast showed the tribute video they were 'supposed' to show Sunday night.

It is very nice!

But here's the kicker, I'm sure PHG will 'enjoy' this one. Comcast must think Sox fans are Cub fans.

Mark Shanowski (sorry if I spelled it wrong) apologized for not being able to show it Sunday night stating that 'because it aired after 7PM (Chicago time) Comcast wasn't able to show it, they had to be off the air because it was an ESPN game...'

The video was shown during the BANNER ceremony. The banner ceremony happened BEFORE 7pm didn't it? In fact Comcast showed the ALDS part of the video tribute Sunday night.

Please.....

Lip

The Banner's were unveiled after 7. Therefore, they could not show it.

Lip Man 1
04-04-2006, 05:42 PM
If you go back to the broadcast Sunday night they DID show a part of it in between the banner covers being removed. The part about the ALDS. It played at the ball park before 7PM. ESPN had not started their telecast yet because I was watching it live on Comcast Sports Chicago at the time.

That's why so many Sox fans were unhappy and posted about the CSCH telecast in the first place.

Lip

roylestillman
04-04-2006, 05:52 PM
Banners were unveiled before 7:00. My tape showed comcast showing the tribute video from a direct feed until the first banner dropped. They then switched to a camera showing the light towers waiting for the next drop, but never went back to the video. It all took place before their 7:00 sign off.

Lip Man 1
04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Thank you....Comcast Sports Chicago screwed up big time then tried to lie their way out of it. Like I said they could get away with this BS on the north side but it isn't going to happen here.

Like the name handle by the way
:D:

Lip

BeviBall!
04-04-2006, 07:31 PM
Absolutely. The banner ceremony ended before 7PM.

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 08:33 PM

It is very nice!

Please.....

Lip

Yeah, total BS! IF ANYONE WANTS PROOF, look at the picture of the Sun-times cover from Monday... the 2005 WS banner cover is coming off and the scoreboard clock reads 6:59.

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Of all the "home shot" videos of the banner ceremony montage online, this is the best one for those who still haven't seen it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKPdjLIcWa8&search=white%20sox

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 11:20 PM
I also have a video, but shows the banners as well. If you only want the montage, this is not for you. :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCR33Mc4rY8
However, check out my other vids from Sunday..

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 11:37 PM
I also have a video, but shows the banners as well. If you only want the montage, this is not for you. :smile:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCR33Mc4rY8
However, check out my other vids from Sunday..

Very nice. You did a great job!

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Thank you very much. The videos mean alot, and I wish youtube had better quality (pixel-wise), but for free, everyone can still see them and I can't complain.

IronFisk
04-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Thank you very much. The videos mean alot, and I wish youtube had better quality (pixel-wise), but for free, everyone can still see them and I can't complain.

Great job to all you video pirates! That was an AMAZING ceremony - still can't believe, after all that preparation and effort, that Comcast paid so little care to it all - like an afterthought. Equally as unbelieveable is their excuse of the ESPN broadcast. I would have been OK with an apology - but this just rubs salt in it. Just take responsbility for the f-up damnit!

Lip Man 1
04-05-2006, 01:37 PM
For what it's worth I've been in touch with one of the Sox marketing heads today (no...not Brooks...) let's just say that the White Sox knew about the problems Sunday night. The sense that I got is that they weren't happy with the way things went as evidenced by this comment to me...'I hope Comcast Sports did a better job showing the ring ceremony...'

White Sox fans obviously let the Sox and in particular Comcast know they weren't pleased.

But hey remember the ceremony took place after 7PM so Comcast couldn't show it!

:D: :D: :D:

LOL

Lip

Skates
04-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Any record the videos whent hey were replayed on Comcast?

And if so could someone post them online?

jongarlandlover
04-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Any record the videos whent hey were replayed on Comcast?

And if so could someone post them online?

Yes, if someone has them, could you please post them?