PDA

View Full Version : Great Standing Ovation!!!

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Great standing O for Rowand. Looked like it brought tears to his eyes!!! Do you think Frank and Kenny would have embraced like Rowand and Williams? Shows you how greatful Rowand was and what a stand up guy he is.

soxinthecity
04-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah, you could just see it in his face and the bear hug he got from Jerry that was great to see.

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 01:55 PM
Oh yeah, you could just see it in his face and the bear hug he got from Jerry that was great to see.

Brought a tear to my eye to see crash out there again!!

South Sider
04-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Brought a tear to my eye to see crash out there again!!

me too :whiner: :whiner:

SoxFan33
04-04-2006, 02:03 PM
Ah it was good to see Aaron back :D:

mike squires
04-04-2006, 02:08 PM
I got a little choked up as well. Aaron definately had tears in his eyes. A lot of mutual respect between Rowand and Williams.

Cuck the Fubs
04-04-2006, 02:15 PM
Rowand is the classiest player out there today...period.

He's going to missed as a part of Sox family.

Come home soon Aaron!

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Rowand is the classiest player out there today...period.

He's going to missed as a part of Sox family.

Come home soon Aaron!

Especially loved early this spring training when asked if he had any hard feelings towards Williams or the White Sox and he responded "no, If I had a chance I would go back to the Sox in a minute":D:

Chez
04-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Besides Row, who else from the '05 team was there (obviously not including those who are still on the team)? Timo? Willie?

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Besides Row, who else from the '05 team was there (obviously not including those who are still on the team)? Timo? Willie?

Timo , Willie, Orlando

SOXintheBURGH
04-04-2006, 02:33 PM
I wish I could have seen the ceremony. :(:

Chez
04-04-2006, 02:47 PM
Timo , Willie, Orlando

Thanks.

bafiarocks03
04-04-2006, 05:50 PM
OH yes, Aaron was crying..I cried! AND did you see how joe and mark were fooling around with him, while he was waiting to get called! He soo misses it here! I saw this interview yesterday in philly with him, he just had this sadness about him. And today i watched another interview and he looked happier! :D: POor Aaron! I miss him soooooo much! BUTTTTTTTT.....

WILLIE HARRIS WAS THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wow...he looked amazing! I cried..again! lol! I was soo happy to see him!! He looked happy to be back! Made my freaking day!!!:bandance:

Jerko
04-04-2006, 06:11 PM
I admit, I was happy to see Harris, Perez, Duque, and A-Row at the ring ceremony. Somebody in my area was yelling for Blum, and try as I might, the guy just didn't understand that Blum's team HAS A GAME TODAY and that's why he wasn't there. :rolleyes:

peeonwrigley
04-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Just got back from the game. Ring ceremony was very cool, especially the ovation for Rowand. Kind of got me thinking about the trade and maybe I should change my tune to whether I liked it..........

Then Thome hit his bomb in the 4th.

DaBears
04-04-2006, 06:16 PM
It was awesome to see Aaron back "home" at U.S. Cellular!!! It was extremely classy to see him embrace Jerry an Kenny. Good to see there are no hard feelings!! I hope Aaron gets traded back to the Sox one day. I dont care if he is a .200 hitter, this man has my respect for the rest of MY LIFE!!! WE LOVE YOU AARON!!!:D:

thomas35forever
04-04-2006, 10:29 PM
If Aaron received that big of an ovation, then it'll probably be nothing compared to the ovation Frank'll be getting.:smile:

FedEx227
04-04-2006, 10:33 PM
I'm working on a great Rowand "going-away" wallpaper I'll post it on either here or in its own topic later in the day tomorrow.

ChiSoxGirl
04-04-2006, 11:26 PM
The ovation Rowand got send chills down me and made me cry. :whiner: He had just been shown on the Jumbotron on the top steps of the dugout before his name was even announced and the place went crazy; I don't think I even heard his name announced- it was that loud in there! And in my book, no guy deserves it more. I've never seen a classier, more down-to-earth ballplayer than Rowand. What got me today wasn't the ovation he got, but rather the long, meaningful hugs from Reinsdorf & Williams.

EDIT: Just saw an interview that Channel 7 did with Rowand after receiving his ring and he was choked up. Now I'm :whiner:.

epgalsoxfan
04-04-2006, 11:58 PM
For me, Having aaron get that Standing O and the biggest cheer was the best thing about the ring ceremony. He deserved to know that even though he is gone we love him, respect him, and know all that he did for us while he was here. I do miss him, and wish him the best.. who knows maybe one day he'll be back :)

gosox3072
04-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Rowand was the absolute best part of the ring ceremony. Heres hoping hes back someday.

P.S. It was still a good trade!

Bobbo35
04-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Hey, I definately had a tear in the eye.

rdwj
04-05-2006, 09:45 AM
If Aaron received that big of an ovation, then it'll probably be nothing compared to the ovation Frank'll be getting.:smile:

I think it's pretty safe to say that if Frank was able to attend (and actually showed up), he wouldn't have received a bigger ovation than Rowand. My guess is that there would be some boos mixed in too.

mrs. hendu
04-05-2006, 10:20 AM
It was great to see him there yesterday even though it brought a tear to my eye as well :whiner: . That guy is a class act and will be trully missed. It's great to have Thome though - I guess you have to give up a great player to get a great player.

When at one piont Mackowiak didn't throw in time to 3rd, someone next to me said "Rowand would have thrown the guy out no prob". :tongue: