PDA

View Full Version : Replica Rings!!!

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Skottyj just called me said the rings they gave out to the fans are nice but small:D:

daveeym
04-04-2006, 01:05 PM
Skottyj just called me said the rings they gave out to the fans are nice but small:D: Just talked to my mom and she said the same. Gold metal, Sox on top, trophy on one side and I think World Champs on the other.

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 01:25 PM
It would have been cool if they threw one or two real rings in the give away for a contest! LOL

StockdaleForVeep
04-04-2006, 01:37 PM
It would have been cool if they threw one or two real rings in the give away for a contest! LOL

hahahah
"sorry mr reinsdorf, we had a snafu in the marketing department....molson ice.....game 1, you know how it goes"

Baby Fisk
04-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Gotta love the live reports from the Cell. How's the ceremony? Which players showed up? Who were they wearing? etc etc

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Gotta love the live reports from the Cell. How's the ceremony? Which players showed up? Who were they wearing? etc etc

Looks like everyone was there except Big Hurt and Blumm. Harris, Rowand, Hernandez were there:D: They all were dressed in suits no jerseys. I think the ex Red Sox players got too much flak for wearing Red Sox jerseys last year. I am at work so not sure if marte or vizcaino forgot about them?
ws

Law11
04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Aaron looked to be in tears.

Deebs14
04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
I'll get a better idea what these rings look like when I see some of them on EBAY a few days(or hours) from now.

daveeym
04-04-2006, 02:21 PM
The tribune site has a bad photo of one on their game blog. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cubicle/cs-060404soxcubicle,1,4508432.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

soxfan13
04-04-2006, 02:24 PM
The tribune site has a bad photo of one on their game blog. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cubicle/cs-060404soxcubicle,1,4508432.column?coll=cs-home-headlines

There is a picture in todays Sun-times it
might be on the site also.

Edward
04-04-2006, 02:30 PM

Yep, Aaron was definitely choked up, he got the biggest ovation of them all. DJ pointed it out during the game as well.

Whatever
04-04-2006, 03:35 PM
I just got back from the game (yes, i know, but I had work to do). Anyway, Aaron got the loudest cheers of all the players. And from seeing him on the Jumbotron, he did look very choked up. The ring give-aways are fine. Mine is still in the bag, but from some of the guys I saw wearing them, they all had them on their pinky fingers, so they must be small. Good weight to them, but I would have preferred "fake white gold" to "fake yellow gold". I mean, the teams colors are silver and black. But, still a nice gesture.

bafiarocks03
04-04-2006, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I think i'm getting one too! :) :cool:

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-04-2006, 05:56 PM
I got one....was at gate 2 at 10:20, about 1/2 way from the park to the 37th street fence....the line ran down the length of the lot, along the fence at 37th, then up the pedestrian walkway in the middle.

When I got in the gate at 11:25, there were about 10 left in the box, and I heard one of the ticket personnel radio "we're down to 50" and the response back was, "that's all you're getting" as I walked by them and headed up the ramp. It is weighty, solid, but small...will look good in a black setting (which will fit nicely with my hats and baseballs).

The magnetic schedule is nice...big WS trophy on the left!!!

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 06:13 PM

I heard he wasn't going to be there.:redneck

The hug he shared with JR was awesome.

HomeFish
04-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I'm wearing my replica ring right now. My choices are either wear it on my pinky with the risk that it falls off due to being too large, or wear it on my ring finger with soap and water being the only way it can come off. Because I took the train and bus back, I opted for the latter.

They are much fancier and of higher quality than the speculation threads on WSI predicted. I love it.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Looks like everyone was there except Big Hurt and Blumm. Also Carl Everett and Damaso Marte. All four had games today. The players attending were off today.

DaBears
04-04-2006, 06:21 PM
I got one....was at gate 2 at 10:20, about 1/2 way from the park to the 37th street fence....the line ran down the length of the lot, along the fence at 37th, then up the pedestrian walkway in the middle.

When I got in the gate at 11:25, there were about 10 left in the box, and I heard one of the ticket personnel radio "we're down to 50" and the response back was, "that's all you're getting" as I walked by them and headed up the ramp. It is weighty, solid, but small...will look good in a black setting (which will fit nicely with my hats and baseballs).

The magnetic schedule is nice...big WS trophy on the left!!!

Got off the L at exactly 11 AM, ran to THE gate at 11:05...got in at 11:20 and got a ring!!! GOD BLESS AARON ROWAND!!!!

TheKittle
04-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I'll get a better idea what these rings look like when I see some of them on EBAY a few days(or hours) from now.

How right you are. One is already on Ebay and it's up to $100.

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 06:30 PM
I'm wearing my replica ring right now. My choices are either wear it on my pinky with the risk that it falls off due to being too large, or wear it on my ring finger with soap and water being the only way it can come off. Because I took the train and bus back, I opted for the latter.

They are much fancier and of higher quality than the speculation threads on WSI predicted. I love it.

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/2433/untitled4cn.jpg

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 06:32 PM
How right you are. One is already on Ebay and it's up to $100.

I overheard a story from the guys sitting behind me where one of them sold their ring at the game. One of them was on the concourse admiring the ring and some guy walked up and asked him how much he could buy it for. The guy threw out a figure of $150, figuring the other guy wouldn't pay that much. Sure enough, the dude whipped out a wad of cash and peeled of $150. Crazy...

HomeFish
04-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I overheard a story from the guys sitting behind me where one of them sold their ring at the game. One of them was on the concourse admiring the ring and some guy walked up and asked him how much he could buy it for. The guy threw out a figure of $150, figuring the other guy wouldn't pay that much. Sure enough, the dude whipped out a wad of cash and peeled of $150. Crazy...

I got asked to sell my ring by some woman on the Club Level concourse. I'm not sure how much she was willing to pay, but since it was the Club Level I'm guessing it might have been a significant amount.

RealMenWearBlack
04-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Looks like everyone was there except Big Hurt and Blumm. Harris, Rowand, Hernandez were there:D: They all were dressed in suits no jerseys. I think the ex Red Sox players got too much flak for wearing Red Sox jerseys last year. I am at work so not sure if marte or vizcaino forgot about them?
ws

IIRC Crazy Carl wasn't there either.

MySoxAreClean
04-04-2006, 07:08 PM
All I can say that I was KAOS going into the cell today because of those rings, There was no respect to people who where in line and even The people in wheel chairs, Guys behind were saying that they were on their lunch break. and were not even in line, some said they bought cheap seats for the upper deck, Im sure those are the guys who listed there rings on Ebay.

pearso66
04-04-2006, 07:14 PM
I know some guy who sat with someone who sold his for $100. I can't believe how much they are going for, but then again, I can.

soxinem1
04-04-2006, 07:26 PM

He definitely was. I was glad to be there and take part in giving him the 'Thank You' he deserved, as they announced him.

TheDarkGundam
04-04-2006, 07:26 PM
Me and my dad had planned to get there early enough to get one, but traffic was AWFUL on the 35th (we took Ashland instead of the Ryan). The parking guys were being real jerks and wouldn't give us any idea of where we could park, so my dad let me out of the car and I walked to the Cell while he parked. I, of course, still didn't get a ring.
While we were leaving we saw a guy on the street corner yelling that he'd take $20 for his, but we were in the car and had already passed him.
I just checked eBay, there's a ton of cheap ones, and a few insanely expensive ones.
At least I got a magnetic schedule, and a free cup of coffee (Thanks Thome!)

leens01
04-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I had an interesting experience today. We got to the Cell at about 9:30 to tailgate for a little bit. We were planning on getting in line about 11ish and figured if we got a ring, we got a ring. My 2 year old nephew was running to say hello to someone and fell and hit his head on the iron fences. His head welled up pretty badly and it looked like he had horns. We decided to take him to first aid, so we got to hop on a golf cart and get driven there. While there, my sister and I were getting phone calls from the other people in our party. They all got rings, so we just figured we were out of luck. The nurse in first aid decided that wasn't good enough, so she took our tickets and found us some. It was decided my nephew was all right by that point. Then, she showed us how to get to our seats by using the elevator. While we were waiting for the next one to come, this gentleman started to talk to us. He was admiring my nephew's jersey when another couple came over to talk to the man. It turned out we were talking to Eddie Einhorn. He wanted to see my replica ring and was saying he hadn't seen his yet. I was slightly star struck for a little while during the game!

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 07:50 PM
On the red line coming home a guy was sitting by me and said "Ha, I'm a Cubs fan and I got a ring! Great!"

I said "You're a Cubs fan and got a ring, you kidding me?"

Guy "Yeah, and my girlfriend is a Indians fan. Did you get one?"

Me "No."

He then put the ring in his pocket laughed with his friend.

WS in 05
04-04-2006, 07:53 PM
On the red line coming home a guy was sitting by me and said "Ha, I'm a Cubs fan and I got a ring! Great!"

Me "No."

what a f'ing jag-off

DumpJerry
04-04-2006, 08:02 PM

Me "No."

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Classy jerk.

Everyone is right, they are buit smallish. Mine won't fit on my pinky. I might see if it can get sized since it is metal. Right now, it's on the clip for my game ticket lanyard.

TheKittle
04-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Wow a quick check of Ebay shows 23 active auctions. When I checked Ebay earlier and found that $100 current bid, that was the only auction for the rings. Some people used the Buy it Now feature at $150!!!!

MySoxAreClean
04-04-2006, 08:08 PM
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: Classy jerk.

Everyone is right, they are buit smallish. Mine won't fit on my pinky. I might see if it can get sized since it is metal. Right now, it's on the clip for my game ticket lanyard.

I will be putting my ring inside a Picture frame my wife made, It already has a picture of the players when they rushed onto the field

JGarlandrules20
04-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I got a ring, yes!!! Lined up at gate5 around 10:30ish. It fits me fine..couldn't say the same about the guys around me, lol.

TheDarkGundam
04-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Wow a quick check of Ebay shows 23 active auctions. When I checked Ebay earlier and found that $100 current bid, that was the only auction for the rings. Some people used the Buy it Now feature at $150!!!!
The prices are getting outrageous. The cheapest one ending before a few days is at about $33. Most of the pictures people have posted are of the REAL rings, not the replicas they gave away.

oeo
04-04-2006, 08:22 PM
I got a ring...but mine is like a women's one. It's alright, because I'm not going to wear it anyway, but my brother who was just a few people ahead of got the bigger one. It looked to me like they were all in the same bag, so not really sure why some were smaller and some were bigger (or the guy screwed up).

Anyway, we got there at about 9:30 and had to wait till 10 for the lots to open. We tailgated and went to get in line (the line definately did not look as big as it was from the parking lot, it was amazing to see). Got in line at about 11, and I did not think there was anyway we would get one. Sure enough, we got in at about 11:30, and we both got one.

It's really nice, I think, for a free give-a-way. It's a lot better than I thought it would be.

Too bad the game sucked...got to see a Thome dinger though.

C-Dawg
04-04-2006, 09:12 PM
I might see if it can get sized since it is metal.

I was thinking that too. I don't know how its done, but remember my dad had his college ring enlarged, but its made out of real gold.

Heh heh, imagine me paying $50 or $100 to get my freebie World Series ring enlarged!

HotelWhiteSox
04-04-2006, 09:25 PM
This one is just insane

http://cgi.ebay.com/chicago-white-sox-replica-world-series-ring_W0QQitemZ8791869400QQcategoryZ25132QQssPageNa meZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:o:

shoelessjoe90
04-04-2006, 09:26 PM
do you guys think they might sell them during the season at the Cell?

celicacutie
04-04-2006, 09:27 PM
The prices are getting outrageous. The cheapest one ending before a few days is at about $33. Most of the pictures people have posted are of the REAL rings, not the replicas they gave away.
which auctions are you referring to? Everyone I've seen is of the replica ring.

???

celicacutie
04-04-2006, 09:27 PM
do you guys think they might sell them during the season at the Cell?
we were in a gift shop on the upper level. Someone asked and the clerk said no. The rings given out today were it.

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 09:30 PM

???

You mean the team wasn't handed $ 0.60 stamped alloy rings??? Then my replica is a FAKE!:D:

TheDarkGundam
04-04-2006, 09:34 PM

???
Upon a second look, I realize I am wrong. It was the flash from the camera off the ring that made it look like it was a real one. I apologize.

celicacutie
04-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Upon a second look, I realize I am wrong. It was the flash from the camera off the ring that made it look like it was a real one. I apologize.I do think I know which pic/auction you are referring to.

I feel bad for the guy whose picture is being stolen for every auction.

D. TODD
04-04-2006, 09:47 PM
It was a very nice give away. I am happy I got one, but in no way would I pay for one. Hell, people go have one made with the same design I doubt it would cost as much as buying one on ebay.

Bobbo35
04-04-2006, 09:49 PM

I know I had a tear.

Bobbo35
04-04-2006, 09:56 PM

Me "No."

You should have robbed him...

chisoxfanatic
04-04-2006, 10:01 PM
:tealpolice:

I'm surprised there are so many reports of it being small. I have one from the Wolves' Turner Cup Championship back in '97, and it falls off my thumb!

IronFisk
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
HOOSIER STORY...

Sailed through the Ryan. Took 1/2 hour to park :angry:. Got in at 11:20 thru gate 5 - RING ME! No complaints about them - well done, but I'm afraid the paint may flake off too quick! The ceremony was GREAT - loved those tuxes! Yes, by far the biggest cheer was for Aaron. El Duque was a close second.

However, I was VERY disappointed at the "treatment" of those who could not make it - such as Frank, etc. I mean, they just threw their names up on the message screen, and it was off within seconds. At the very least they could've had some sort of montage - right?

Heck, at LEAST for FRANK!!!

Game sucked, but hey, I just bolstered by retirement account :redneck.

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 10:20 PM
They've got a video on whitesox.com on the front page of the ceremony, its a montage of the ceremony...what's new???

peeonwrigley
04-04-2006, 10:29 PM
The Sox should order more of these to sell in the gift shop throughout the season. Proceeds to Sox charities, Uncle Jerry's pockets, whatever.

Its sad to see them sell for so much on ebay. How hard would it be to order 100,000 more, and then recoup the costs easily by selling them? The team has already had the benefit of 25,000 fans in the park 2 hours before first pitch.

I got a little ring today but I don't feel cooler than anyone else, I want as many fans as possible to have them.

sas1974
04-04-2006, 10:36 PM

Me "No."

Yeah, that sucks, but just try to take a little satisfaction in the fact that a Cubs fan and an Indians fan had to come to OUR HOUSE to get a replica ring.

celicacutie
04-04-2006, 10:52 PM
Had an extra ring....just sold it for $150 :o:
:::runs and ducks:::

TheDarkGundam
04-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Had an extra ring....just sold it for $150 :o:
:::runs and ducks:::
A Sox fan with too much money is a bit like a mule with a spinning wheel...:tongue:
I wasn't planning on paying $150 anyway.
More like $1050!!! :o:

celicacutie
04-04-2006, 10:59 PM
A Sox fan with too much money is a bit like a mule with a spinning wheel...:tongue:
I wasn't planning on paying $150 anyway.
More like $1050!!! :o:
Actually the ring was my BF's..he received the ladies version. Seems like there are 2 different versions handed out today. We kept mine which is the larger size and seems to be better quality.

celicacutie
04-04-2006, 11:03 PM
not that anyone has a crystal ball or anything but is this what will be given out tomorrow???
http://i22.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/c3/a8/f0_1.JPG

ChiSoxGirl
04-04-2006, 11:07 PM

Me "No."

OMG! :angry: What a jerk!!!!

I have a story of my own. I stopped at a place in Park Ridge to pick up something for dinner on my way home and a guy asked me if I'd been to the game, since I was still dressed in all my Sox gear. I told him I was and so was he... Sec. 120, Row 1. He saw my replica ring and asked me to see it, since he didn't get to the ballpark until noon. He told me his cousin works for the Sox and could get him a replica anyway. Asking who his cousin was, he just said he's the head of ticket sales, who I immediately knew was Mike Mazda (sp?). The guy then offered me $100 for my ring... then told me he was a Cub fan and pulled out a pile of Cub season tickets from his pocket! :o: I turned down the $100 offer, knowing this ring means more to me than a Cub fan's money. He then offered me $150 before I walked out with my food and I told him there was no way in the world I was selling my ring... especially to a Cub fan!!!

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 11:11 PM
not that anyone has a crystal ball or anything but is this what will be given out tomorrow???

Yes, that is the give out tomorrow.

Domeshot17
04-04-2006, 11:42 PM
We got in line at 930 frooze to death but got our rings. As of now there is something like 88 on ebay all seem to be going for around 100 bucks but some have SKYROCKETED. The game was disappointing Freddy looked sad out there. My section kind of decided he needs to cut his hair, which would reduce wind resistance and add the 4 mph his fastball is lacking.

As for Aaron, my girlfriends parents are close with the people who run the grandstand, and they told her after the ceremony they saw Aaron and he was cryin. It was sad, but then Thome continued his pace of 162 home runs. Prices continue to get higher. Bought the game hat the players have with the world champions thing on the side 37 bucks.

chisoxfanatic
04-04-2006, 11:47 PM
Yes, that is the give out tomorrow.

Sure isn't as good as Hangar18's trophy, huh?

chisoxmike
04-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Sure isn't as good as Hangar18's trophy, huh?

Hangar's is much better.

MUsoxfan
04-04-2006, 11:56 PM
Prices continue to get higher. Bought the game hat the players have with the world champions thing on the side 37 bucks.

If they can field a World Championship product, I'll pay a few more bucks:smile:

BeefyD
04-05-2006, 12:06 AM
I had to chuckle when I found out that Houston gave out replica NL Championship rings. Search "houston replica ring" on ebay and look. Why give out rings basically stating that "we couldn't win it all"?

BTW, over 100 Sox rings, and they're going for some primo prices (No, I'm not selling).

Sox83Kid
04-05-2006, 12:09 AM
I'm doing the 'Fred G. Sanford' hand thing with my ring right now--"And would I be sure that this...is love beyond compaaaaaare.":redneck

DrummerGeorgefan
04-05-2006, 01:09 AM
with all the comments about the size, i must say it led to some great scenes in the BPB with many a Chicago-sausage fingered men trying to get it on or getting it stuck. Unintentional humor at its best. (I'll admit that I tried and got a little worried when it hit my knuckled and got stuck for a few minutes)

TheKittle
04-05-2006, 01:50 AM
Why didn't the White Sox just give everybody a ring? You already made 20,000 rings. You already made a ton of money from the World Series. Just spend the extra $15,000 and give every fan at the game today a ring.

soxfanreggie
04-05-2006, 02:28 AM
I agree...what's it matter if the Sox buy 100,000 of those rings for fans to have/buy. They could sell them for $25 apiece and donate the money to charity or sell them and keep the profits. Rather sell them yourselves than have people re-sell them on ebay.

As for turning down $150...why not take the money then put it towards a real replica ring. Even if the Sox don't make them themselves, they usually always get made, you can even get them customized and they cost probably $199 and up.

IronFisk
04-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Hangar's is much better.

Yeah, and I'm sure he'd gladly make another 19,999 for the event! (no teal)

Cuck the Fubs
04-05-2006, 02:54 AM
Hangar

I'm counting on you man.

Now I can get to the park at the last minute Wed:D:

hi im skot
04-05-2006, 02:55 AM
Why didn't the White Sox just give everybody a ring? You already made 20,000 rings. You already made a ton of money from the World Series. Just spend the extra $15,000 and give every fan at the game today a ring.

from scott reifert's blog:
A poster asked about why we don't provide giveaways to all fans (as opposed to first 20,000, etc.). I checked with our sponsorship people and their explanation made sense to me. We try -- and hopefully you will agree -- to have pretty high quality items as our premium giveaways. For example, the replica trophy (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/trophy_tour.jsp) on Wednesday is apparently very cool (I am told, I haven't seen). These come with a cost. If we were to try and give away 40,000 items, the cost would just go too high for a potential sponsor, whose willingness to pay for the items on a given day is how we can pull the giveaways off. 10,000 or 20,000 is a more manageable figure. Make sense?

gbergman
04-05-2006, 02:57 AM
:tealtutor: :tealpolice: Hangar

I'm counting on you man.

Now I can get to the park at the last minute Wed:D:

TheKittle
04-05-2006, 02:58 AM
we were to try and give away 40,000 items, the cost would just go too high for a potential sponsor, whose willingness to pay for the items on a given day is how we can pull the giveaways off. 10,000 or 20,000 is a more manageable figure.

Why not have two sponsors of the rings. Sponsor A pays for 20,000. Sponsor B pays for 20,000. Thus both are produced in the same amount thus some artifical shortage isn't created.

hi im skot
04-05-2006, 03:07 AM
Why not have two sponsors of the rings. Sponsor A pays for 20,000. Sponsor B pays for 20,000. Thus both are produced in the same amount thus some artifical shortage isn't created.

certainly not a bad idea, but i can't imagine that a lot of these companies want to co-sponsor these promotions. after all, this is a form of advertising for them.

still, i agree...it'd be nice if something like that could happen on a more regular basis.

C-Dawg
04-05-2006, 06:44 AM
..he received the ladies version. Seems like there are 2 different versions handed out today. We kept mine which is the larger size and seems to be better quality.

Can anyone really confirm there are two sizes or styles? It didn't seem like they were handing them out from two different boxes, etc.

I suppose its possible there is a little variation if the factory had two different molds they were made on...

Whatever
04-05-2006, 08:12 AM

I would also assume that fans knowing that there is a limited amount being handed out get INTO the park early. Fans into the park early means concessions/souvenier sales, etc. Speaking of which, I think Polishes went up in price this year. I don't remember them being $4.25 last year, but that's another thread.

Cat Thief
04-05-2006, 08:23 AM

Yes thats it! Hurry up and get in line so that you can sell it and make some money.

Kuzman
04-05-2006, 08:32 AM
I had to chuckle when I found out that Houston gave out replica NL Championship rings. Search "houston replica ring" on ebay and look. Why give out rings basically stating that "we couldn't win it all"?

BTW, over 100 Sox rings, and they're going for some primo prices (No, I'm not selling).

I did that same thing when I got into work. They're going from 75 - 100+ dollars on ebay. Insane. I think that should be illegal in some sort of way, but this has been happening for years.

BeviBall!
04-05-2006, 08:46 AM

Looks likes something Hasbro would put out. That name plate looks pretty awful.

I wish I was getting one...

robiwho
04-05-2006, 09:44 AM
The guy then offered me $100 for my ring... then told me he was a Cub fan and pulled out a pile of Cub season tickets from his pocket! :o: I turned down the $100 offer, knowing this ring means more to me than a Cub fan's money. He then offered me $150 before I walked out with my food and I told him there was no way in the world I was selling my ring... especially to a Cub fan!!!

Clearly, he didn't know who he was dealing with! :wink:

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Can anyone really confirm there are two sizes or styles? It didn't seem like they were handing them out from two different boxes, etc.

I suppose its possible there is a little variation if the factory had two different molds they were made on...

not sure if it can be confirmed but mine is definitely more "manly". Both ours came from the same bag

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Yes thats it! Hurry up and get in line so that you can sell it and make some money.boo hoo :?:

BeefyD
04-05-2006, 10:12 AM
By looking at those people selling on ebay, it does seem like there is one that is more rectangular "Sox" area, and one that looks almost oval. Unfortunately, it seems as though I got the smaller one. I'm 6'-4", 290. Which basically means neither would fit my fingers. :D:

oeo
04-05-2006, 10:15 AM

Just take my word, I saw both of them. My brother's was definately bigger, and like someone said, more "manly". And they did come from the same bag, so I either mine was just a specially deformed one (I'm going to get millions of dollars), or there are two different sizes and it was just luck of the draw.

SoxFan78
04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
When I was leaving yesterday, I saw some guy in the parking lot holding a sign offering to buy WS rings for $25.

Realist
04-05-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm 6'-4", 290.
You and I are gonna go out drinking together one nite. With your brawns and my big mouth, we're goin' places. :wink:

PicktoCLick72
04-05-2006, 10:26 AM
This is pretty cool guys. My dad got to pick up of the actual rings for one of his friends who is part owner. SO the ring got to stay at my house last night. Unfortunately I'm in Champaign and could not see it but he said it was just awesome.

DaBears
04-05-2006, 11:14 AM

So that people get in the gates early and spend more $$$$ at the park. If everyone was guaranteed the giveaway, then no one would rush to get in the park. Imagine how much extra money they made by 20,000+ people getting in the park 2 hours early. I bet it isnt chump change!

BeefyD
04-05-2006, 11:55 AM
You and I are gonna go out drinking together one nite. With your brawns and my big mouth, we're goin' places. :wink:

HAHAHA!!! You buyin'? :D:

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 01:06 PM
Replica Trophies are already on ebay.

DaBears
04-05-2006, 01:10 PM
Replica Trophies are already on ebay.

Can't these be bought at US Cellular???

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 01:13 PM
Can't these be bought at US Cellular???
I've seen a different style sold at Grandstand.

TheKittle
04-05-2006, 03:14 PM
So that people get in the gates early and spend more $$$$ at the park. If everyone was guaranteed the giveaway, then no one would rush to get in the park. Imagine how much extra money they made by 20,000+ people getting in the park 2 hours early. I bet it isnt chump change!

That's BS too because Tues was the day the White Sox were getting their WS rings. People were already going to be there early.

DaBears
04-05-2006, 03:39 PM
That's BS too because Tues was the day the White Sox were getting their WS rings. People were already going to be there early.

The Ring Ceremony started 30 minutes before the game. Half the crowd was in the park by 11:30....how is this BS??? When are the lines EVER that long 2 hours before the game? NEVER. trust me when I say this, the Sox made a boatload of extra money because of this promotion!

Baby Fisk
04-05-2006, 03:41 PM
DaBears is correct -- every team in baseball hands out limited quantities of promotional items. It's unabashed marketing in the guise of "giving something to the fans."

DaBears
04-05-2006, 05:39 PM
This is getting pretty ridiculous....the auction below is up to $215. Others have started selling for $175-200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-2005-World-Series-Replica-Ring-Only-20K-Made_W0QQitemZ8791886751QQcategoryZ25132QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem

celicacutie
04-05-2006, 05:40 PM
This is getting pretty ridiculous....the auction below is up to $215. Others have started selling for $175-200.

http://cgi.ebay.com/White-Sox-2005-World-Series-Replica-Ring-Only-20K-Made_W0QQitemZ8791886751QQcategoryZ25132QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItemthis particular auction looks like there is shill bidding going on.

Baby Fisk
04-05-2006, 05:43 PM
:o: Wow, that is insane. You can buy a real gold ring for those prices. Mercy!

DaBears
04-05-2006, 05:50 PM
this particular auction looks like there is shill bidding going on.

Even so, there are 3 people bidding over $200. If 1 is a shill bidder, then the other 2 are buffoons. There are a few Buy-It-Nows for under $125, why would you bid more than that if you dont have to??

DaBears
04-05-2006, 06:10 PM
That one ended up selling for $255. Some people are crazy!!!

buehrle4cy05
04-05-2006, 06:34 PM
I had countless people ask me today "how much did you pay for that ring?". Kudos to the White Sox for providing such a high-quality promotion.

chicagojoe
04-05-2006, 06:49 PM
I was there about 20 minutesbefore the gates opened. I ended up going to gate 3 and my friends and I got our rings. Within 30 minutes, were offered $50 each for them. And heres a heads up.... Don't try to put it on your finger. Took me almost an hour to get the damn thing off.

DaBears
04-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I was there about 20 minutesbefore the gates opened. I ended up going to gate 3 and my friends and I got our rings. Within 30 minutes, were offered $50 each for them. And heres a heads up.... Don't try to put it on your finger. Took me almost an hour to get the damn thing off.

mine only fits on my pinky, but it slides off. If I put in on my ring finger, it will NEVER come off.

FYI, the last 4 auctions went for $255, $200, $212 and $227. :o:

mcg
04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
...Took me almost an hour to get the damn thing off.

Hair conditioner. Nothing works better.

hansgruber
04-06-2006, 01:02 AM
I'm wearing my replica ring right now. My choices are either wear it on my pinky with the risk that it falls off due to being too large, or wear it on my ring finger with soap and water being the only way it can come off.

exactly my quandary too..guess I'll just leave it off

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-06-2006, 09:45 PM
:tomatoaward

TheDarkGundam
04-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Has anyone seen this auction?
6 rings, a program, a magnetic schedule, and some ticket stubs
$600!
Linky Dinks (http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Chicago-White-Sox-Replica-World-Series-Rings_W0QQitemZ8791978205QQcategoryZ25132QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

beckett21
04-06-2006, 11:52 PM
Has anyone seen this auction?
6 rings, a program, a magnetic schedule, and some ticket stubs
$600!
Linky Dinks (http://cgi.ebay.com/6-Chicago-White-Sox-Replica-World-Series-Rings_W0QQitemZ8791978205QQcategoryZ25132QQssPageN ameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Starting bid $800.

What a joke.

spawn
04-07-2006, 03:24 PM
I just bought one on Ebay for 114 with shipping. I see someone has one with a buy it now price of $1,500! If the guy would've done his homework and looked at what they are going for, he'd see that there are ring with a buy it now price of $125. :rolleyes:

oeo
04-07-2006, 04:17 PM
I just bought one on Ebay for 114 with shipping. I see someone has one with a buy it now price of $1,500! If the guy would've done his homework and looked at what they are going for, he'd see that there are ring with a buy it now price of $125. :rolleyes:
Are you serious?

Man are you going to be disappointed when you see that ring you just payed over $100 for. It's nice, for free, but $114? Definately not worth it. I don't even think I'd pay $20 for it.

spawn
04-07-2006, 04:24 PM
Are you serious?

Man are you going to be disappointed when you see that ring you just payed over $100 for. It's nice, for free, but $114? Definately not worth it. I don't even think I'd pay $20 for it.
I have seen it. I don't really care if it doesn't look all that great. To me, it's another piece of history. It may be the only time I see a WS championship, and besides that, I collect replica championship rings. This will be the jewel in the crown AFAIC.