He maybe the only person alive who has both a red sox ring and a white sox ring

Chicken Dinner
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
said something interesting

He maybe the only person alive who has both a red sox ring and a white sox ring

How did he get a Red Sox ring????

lumpyspun
04-04-2006, 10:37 AM
I didn't know Hawk was on the 1918 or 2004 red sox teams...

irish rover
04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
I think he was refering to his 67 AL ring

Baby Fisk
04-04-2006, 10:48 AM
All pennant winners hand out rings. Houston will be presenting its players with NL Champion rings tonight.

lumpyspun
04-04-2006, 10:52 AM
I think he was refering to his 67 AL ring

I hope DJ tells Hawk today that is a weak comparison.

Baby Fisk
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
DJ got a WS ring by spending two early season months with the 1993 Blue Jays. They are both weak! :cool:

Mots09
04-04-2006, 11:44 AM
Didn't the Bo Sox present honorary rings to everyone that was a Sox w/ the win in 04.

Unregistered
04-04-2006, 11:50 AM
:DJ
"That reminds me of the time when the Sox didn't re-sign me and I played for the Seibu Lions..."
:hawk
"Mercy."

batmanZoSo
04-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Speaking of Hawk on the Score, he's on Mike Murphy right now and he just made a good point--that the Sox go to the ballpark every day looking to win, because of having five quality starters, all of which can be dominant at any given time. Kind of obvious, yes, but it's still fun to think about. :cool: We have a great shot at winning every game as long as the 5 are all healthy. Whereas with other teams, you have one or even two guys that you just don't know what the hell you're going to get and you're at a disadvantage from the get-go.

This team has to try in order to miss the playoffs.

EastCoastSoxFan
04-04-2006, 03:54 PM
Speaking of Hawk on the Score, he's on Mike Murphy right now and he just made a good point--that the Sox go to the ballpark every day looking to win, because of having five quality starters, all of which can be dominant at any given time. Kind of obvious, yes, but it's still fun to think about. :cool: We have a great shot at winning every game as long as the 5 are all healthy. Whereas with other teams, you have one or even two guys that you just don't know what the hell you're going to get and you're at a disadvantage from the get-go.

This team has to try in order to miss the playoffs.
After watching Freddy pitch in Spring Training and then today, I wonder how healthy he really is -- physically AND mentally.
How does someone about to turn 30 manage to lose 5-8 mph off his fastball in one offseason...?

lostletters
04-04-2006, 04:03 PM
I don't know why, but Freddy's pitches never seem to have the same velocity the first two weeks of the season. Maybe it is the short break or the WBC.

Either way, I bet that Freddy may be first in line to be traded out of all our starters. I think Buerhle stating that he would like to resign with the White Sox if they let him, means that he will probably be sticking around.

That and every other pitcher is locked into place until 2008.

If Freddy continues to look shakey, do not be surprised if he gets traded for quality bullpen guys. I still think Freddy may be the odd man out in the long run though, because Kenny really wants McCarthy in the starting rotation.

gbergman
04-04-2006, 04:32 PM
After watching Freddy pitch in Spring Training and then today, I wonder how healthy he really is -- physically AND mentally.
How does someone about to turn 30 manage to lose 5-8 mph off his fastball in one offseason...?

that is like the closer for the reds a few seasons back. leads league in saves atleast for first half and comes back next season and fastball is 10 mph slower