Crede-3B
Mackowiak-CF
Uribe-SS

Scottiehaswheels
04-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Gotta love it... Ozzie not wasting time playing with the lineup

nodiggity59
04-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Interesting. I just hope these changes have nothing to do with health issues.

batmanZoSo
04-04-2006, 10:53 AM
Donde esta "Iguchi"?

kevingrt
04-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Oh Ozzie always "tinkering" with the lineup.

Mots09
04-04-2006, 10:57 AM
Did you mean Pods in LF rather than CF, b/c you have two of them?

lostletters
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Did you mean Pods in LF rather than CF, b/c you have two of them?

Pods is in Left. RM is in center.

The lineup changes have nothing to do with health issues. I think Ozzie is just tinkering since he has bench players who measure up to his everyday players now.

Chisox003
04-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Um, I don't get this at all....

:?:

Edit: I know I have no room to question Ozzie, but I mean...It's only game 2! We scored 10 runs the other night...

Well, I guess we'll see....

White Sox Randy
04-04-2006, 11:02 AM
Two more left handed bats - that's all.

Baby Fisk
04-04-2006, 11:03 AM
If this lineup beats the Jndians again, the Sox could go undefeated.

CHISOXFAN13
04-04-2006, 11:05 AM
Um, I don't get this at all....

:?:

Edit: I know I have no room to question Ozzie, but I mean...It's only game 2! We scored 10 runs the other night...

Well, I guess we'll see....

I didn't get a lot of Ozzie's lineup moves last year either, but you know what, it worked.

For all we know, Iguchi's humbers against Westbrook aren't very good.

havelj
04-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Iguchi:
1 for 12 at the Cell

Then you have Mackowiak batting left for Anderson.

Not a big deal.

Chisox003
04-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Alright, alright I'm convinced

:redneck

Madvora
04-04-2006, 11:17 AM
Seeing "Thome" in as DH still throws me a little bit..

I see the T-h-o-m... and I just assume the Big Hurt.

cleanwsox
04-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I'm just glad there isn't a Willie Harris or Timo Perez in the lineup these days.

palehozenychicty
04-04-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm just glad there isn't a Willie Harris or Timo Perez in the lineup these days.

Exactly.

lumpyspun
04-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Let him tinker with the lineup all he wants...but, the minute we see Matt Thornton or Boone Logan starting a game, then we start asking questions!

Chicken Dinner
04-04-2006, 11:35 AM

I'll third that!

infohawk
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Westbrook's three-year splits show that he tends to allow left-handed hitters to reach base much more often than righties, primarily because of walks.

Thome's Homey
04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Donde esta "Iguchi"?

"Iguchi" es suck-a againsta Westbrook-a. About-a .125 last year-a. :D:

Would like to know where Anderson, is though. MKebbe Ozzie just wants lefties against Westbrook.

ondafarm
04-04-2006, 11:42 AM
Let him tinker with the lineup all he wants...but, the minute we see Matt Thornton or Boone Logan starting a game, then we start asking questions!

I don't think this is much "tinkering." I think this is a fairly standard looking line-up for a guy who doesn't handle lefties nearly as well as he handles righties. Anderson probably will continue to get a fair amount of protection and Iguchi got regular rest last year.

Baby Fisk
04-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Iguchi got regular rest last year.There were concerns expressed here that Iguchi got too much rest during the season. Is the MLB season much longer than that of the Japanese League? How many games do Japanese teams play?

LongLiveFisk
04-04-2006, 11:46 AM
Oh Ozzie always "tinkering" with the lineup.

Well, there's good tinkering:
:ozzie

And then there's bad tinkering:

:jerry

lumpyspun
04-04-2006, 11:50 AM
I don't think this is much "tinkering." I think this is a fairly standard looking line-up for a guy who doesn't handle lefties nearly as well as he handles righties. Anderson probably will continue to get a fair amount of protection and Iguchi got regular rest last year.

Definition of to tinker
try to fix or mend

If he is doing it to fix the problem that a guy doesn't hit lefties very well, then I would say he is tinkering. :D:

White Sox Randy
04-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Ozzie and KW have already said that Mack. will get about 400 AB's and that Cintron will get lots of playing time.

So, we should get used to seeing these guys in the lineup whenever possible.

As it was said, these guys are not Timo and Willie. These guys could be starters on many teams.

Thome's Homey
04-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Ok, here we go...Westbrook's 3-year splits:

Righties 1030 ABs 267 hits 49 walks
Lefties 1115 ABs 301 hits 124 walks
Iguchis 16 ABs 2 hits 0 walks

Westbrook no walky any Righties. Westbrook walky many Lefties. Unfortunately, Cintron hates to walk. He never does it.

Corlose 15
04-04-2006, 11:57 AM
Ozzie and KW have already said that Mack. will get about 400 AB's and that Cintron will get lots of playing time.

As it was said, these guys are not Timo and Willie. These guys could be starters on many teams.

Exactly. The depth on this team is very exciting.

fuzzy_patters
04-04-2006, 11:59 AM

Agreed. I really do not see what the big deal is. The best managers tinker with their lineups. Tony Larussa and Bobby Cox probably use their benches more than any other lineups in baseball. This is why I never understood the criticisms against Manuel for playing with his lineup. There were a lot better things for which to criticize him.

DaleJRFan
04-04-2006, 12:18 PM
There's a sizable difference between putting the best team on the field every day and giving guys playing time. I don't like that Anderson isn't in the lineup, "tough rightie" or not. He is raking right now and needs to be in the lineup everyday.

BUT... Ozzie is a world champion manager, so I guess I should shut up and enjoy the game today. :cool:

gobears1987
04-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Cintrol and Mackowiak are good enough to start everyday on most teams. I have no problem with this "tinkering." Ozzie knows what he is doing. This lineup matches up better against Westbrook.

gobears1987
04-04-2006, 12:25 PM
Ok, here we go...Westbrook's 3-year splits:

Righties 1030 ABs 267 hits 49 walks
Lefties 1115 ABs 301 hits 124 walks
Iguchis 16 ABs 2 hits 0 walks

Westbrook no walky any Righties. Westbrook walky many Lefties. Unfortunately, Cintron hates to walk. He never does it.OH **** for Indian fans!!!! I can't wait until Thome (lefty) comes up to the plate!!!!!

Hokiesox
04-04-2006, 12:28 PM
Cintron may not walk, but what is his BA in this situation?

Chicken Dinner
04-04-2006, 12:32 PM
The starting line-up isn't necessarily the ending line-up.

Thome's Homey
04-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Cintron may not walk, but what is his BA in this situation?

Well, he has no ABs in his career against Westbrook. His three year:

vs. Lefties .322 avg, .359 obp
vs. Righties .268 avg, .304 obp

I'm not normally one to question Ozzie, but this is apparently the exact wrong matchup in which to use Cintron. Mackowiak at second and keeping Anderson in center may have been better.

White Sox Randy
04-04-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think that ANY White Sox player will play in more than 150 games this year.

I think that both Ozzie and KW are thrilled with the 4 subs and will use them as much as they can to keep them fresh and to keep the starters healthy and rested for the playoffs. Isn't it cool when your team expects to make the playoffs ?

If anyone plays 150 games, I think it might be Konerko.

Chicken Dinner
04-04-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that I don't think that ANY White Sox player will play in more than 150 games this year.

I think that both Ozzie and KW are thrilled with the 4 subs and will use them as much as they can to keep them fresh and to keep the starters healthy and rested for the playoffs. Isn't it cool when your team expects to make the playoffs ?

If anyone plays 150 games, I think it might be Konerko.

I think the number will be directly proportional to games ahead/behind.

RKMeibalane
04-04-2006, 01:18 PM
Seeing "Thome" in as DH still throws me a little bit..

I see the T-h-o-m... and I just assume the Big Hurt.

The other day, I almost typed "Thomas" by mistake when I was talking about Jim. Weird.

Thome's Homey
04-04-2006, 01:21 PM
Confusing as to why we don't look like this today:

Pods CF
Mackowiak 2B
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Gload LF
Uribe SS

As much as I hate to see Gload ever play the OF, this would be the obvious way to go when taking Cintron's splits into consideration. :(:

fquaye149
04-04-2006, 01:26 PM

Pods CF
Mackowiak 2B
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Gload LF
Uribe SS

As much as I hate to see Gload ever play the OF, this would be the obvious way to go when taking Cintron's splits into consideration. :(:

I think it may have something to do with Gload playing the worst OF I've seen in a long while.

cleanwsox
04-04-2006, 01:28 PM

Pods CF
Mackowiak 2B
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Gload LF
Uribe SS

Well, with Pods and his hammy still tender... I don't think CF is the best option for him. His natural position is left field and if he's in the lineup, there is no need to have him switch positions.

doublem23
04-04-2006, 01:29 PM
Pods and Gload covering the left 2/3 of the OF?

:o:

No thank you.

White Sox Randy
04-04-2006, 01:30 PM

Pods CF
Mackowiak 2B
Thome DH
Konerko 1B
Dye RF
Pierzynski C
Crede 3B
Gload LF
Uribe SS

I'd be surprised if we ever see this lineup - Pods in center and Gload in left. I don't think so.

ondafarm
04-04-2006, 02:39 PM
The difference on tinker is semantic. Ozzie has a plan, unlike Manuel who did plain old tinker.

I think this lineup is fine against Millwood who's BAA is .269 for lefties and .259 against righties.

To answer our Canadian friend: Japanese majors now play 140 games, up from 130-135 pre-2000. Minors played as few as 122 when I was there a decade and a half ago.

Jjav829
04-04-2006, 02:47 PM
There's a sizable difference between putting the best team on the field every day and giving guys playing time. I don't like that Anderson isn't in the lineup, "tough rightie" or not. He is raking right now and needs to be in the lineup everyday.

I fully agree. It's game 2 of the season! And yesterday was an off day. It's not like anyone is tired or needs to rest. Play the damn starters and let them try to get into a groove early. I don't agree with playing matchups with your starting lineup early in the season, unless you have a lefty that just can't hit lefties (ex: Jose Valentin).

My guess is that Ozzie wants to get everyone a start early in the season. I fully expect Gload to be in there soon.

BUT... Ozzie is a world champion manager, so I guess I should shut up and enjoy the game today. :cool:

No offense, but that's a horrible line of thinking. Have an opinion and stick to it. Don't try to excuse your opinion with this irrational line of thinking that because Ozzie won us a World Championship he will never make a mistake. Ozzie is going to make bad decisions. There is no manager who is perfect.