PDA

View Full Version : Core of the Core: Ordering Deadline is FRIDAY!!!

TornLabrum
04-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Just heard from Kurt that we've only sold 74 seats for the Core of the Core patio party on May 22. Remember, you have to get your orders in by April 21. Here a link to the flyer:

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4899

itsnotrequired
04-04-2006, 08:13 AM
Just heard from Kurt that we've only sold 74 seats for the Core of the Core patio party on May 22. Remember, you have to get your orders in by April 21. Here a link to the flyer:

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=4899

Are the "Patio Party only" individuals included in the total or is it just those that purchased both the party and a game seat?

FedEx227
04-04-2006, 06:21 PM
Whats the typical delivery time on these tickets? I sent mine about a week and a half ago.

TornLabrum
04-04-2006, 08:29 PM
Are the "Patio Party only" individuals included in the total or is it just those that purchased both the party and a game seat?

I don't know, but there have only been a (relatively) few people who are only purchasing patio only.

Whats the typical delivery time on these tickets? I sent mine about a week and a half ago.

It's varies, but a week and a half isn't entirely out of the question. If it goes more than two weeks, you might want to email Kurt and find out your status.

chisoxfanatic
04-04-2006, 09:57 PM

Mine didn't come until over two weeks after I sent it.

kevingrt
04-05-2006, 10:41 AM
I just faxed mine in yesterday. I cannot wait for my first Sox game of the year, since I have been away at school.

skottyj242
04-05-2006, 10:50 AM
I have to order my patio ticket still.

minutia
04-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I am new here and just faxed mine.
I promise, I am no troller. I have been a Sox fan since birth if not before. I am really looking forward to meeting others.
:bandance:

SouthSide_HitMen
04-06-2006, 03:20 PM
Just heard from Kurt that we've only sold 74 seats for the Core of the Core patio party on May 22.

What was the head count last season?

With Frank Thomas' return (will he get his ring that day? Hope they have a mini ceremony - The Chairman should see to it and give it to him before the game) there is no excuse (well except those in college far far away).

Can't wait for a great night of baseball!

Randar68
04-06-2006, 04:45 PM
I'm still trying to see if I can make it. I'll be down in the Carolinas the entire previous week and may be traveling back that day...

HomeFish
04-06-2006, 07:23 PM
What about if we already have tickets to that game? Could we just order the Patio access, or would we have to get new tickets?

Ol' No. 2
04-06-2006, 09:11 PM
What about if we already have tickets to that game? Could we just order the Patio access, or would we have to get new tickets?Don't bother. It will probably rain, anyway.:redneck

ewokpelts
04-06-2006, 09:31 PM
Don't bother. It will probably rain, anyway.:redneck
It's a good thing I have my Super Duper Lower Deck pass that I can use as a umbrella.

Gene

TornLabrum
04-06-2006, 10:30 PM
What about if we already have tickets to that game? Could we just order the Patio access, or would we have to get new tickets?

Patio access is $30.00. Email Kurt for details: khasenbalg@chisox.com .

TornLabrum
04-17-2006, 11:32 PM
As of this morning only 78 tickets have been sold for the Core of the Core, far fewer than last year. This is to remind everyone that the deadline is Friday at 5:00 p.m. At that time tickets will be released and you will no longer be guaranteed a seat with the group.

chisoxfanatic
04-17-2006, 11:42 PM
Hal,

Have they threatened to not do this Core of the Core event again if not enough people purchase tickets? They could reduce the amount of seats available; but, I would hope they wouldn't not do this again altogether.

IlliniSox4Life
04-18-2006, 02:57 AM
Count me in for me +3 friends. I am mailing the form tomorrow (hopefully it gets there on time). It will be my first WSI event.

Any chance on the big guy making an appearance? You think if we email the A's (or him if anyone has a contact) and let him know who we are and how much we still appreciate him, he might stop by pregame?

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 09:48 AM
As of this morning only 78 tickets have been sold for the Core of the Core, far fewer than last year. This is to remind everyone that the deadline is Friday at 5:00 p.m. At that time tickets will be released and you will no longer be guaranteed a seat with the group.

It really is too bad that we couldn't get more people (assuming there isn't some mad rush for tickets this week). Seems like too much other "stuff" is going on around that time (kids still in school, college graduations, etc.). I was checking out Soxtalk and some people seem to believe that a lot of Soxtalk people didn't want to go this year because of how they were treated last year. I didn't make it to last year's event but is this a true statement? I can't imagine that dozens and dozens of Soxtalk members wouldn't want to go because of some "injustice" from last year. Anyone have some more insight?

chisoxfanatic
04-18-2006, 10:28 AM
It really is too bad that we couldn't get more people (assuming there isn't some mad rush for tickets this week). Seems like too much other "stuff" is going on around that time (kids still in school, college graduations, etc.). I was checking out Soxtalk and some people seem to believe that a lot of Soxtalk people didn't want to go this year because of how they were treated last year. I didn't make it to last year's event but is this a true statement? I can't imagine that dozens and dozens of Soxtalk members wouldn't want to go because of some "injustice" from last year. Anyone have some more insight?

I didn't hear any of that myself; but, then again, I was too busy talking with ChiSoxGirl, chisoxmike, TheDude, Chips, and others to notice. There is a rivalry among some posters, though. WSI dominated last year's COTC event, with at least 85% of the turnout being from WSI.

MarySwiss
04-18-2006, 10:32 AM
This realy surprises me. I expected the turnout to be greater than last year, especially since people had more time to plan for it. Could one of the reasons be that more fans who would have gone are now season ticket holders?

Well anyway, no matter how many people are there, I plan on enjoying myself! :D:

ewokpelts
04-18-2006, 11:54 AM
This realy surprises me. I expected the turnout to be greater than last year, especially since people had more time to plan for it. Could one of the reasons be that more fans who would have gone are now season ticket holders?

Well anyway, no matter how many people are there, I plan on enjoying myself! :D:Yeah, but If they are st holders, they still can get a patio pass.
Gene

MarySwiss
04-18-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, but If they are st holders, they still can get a patio pass.
Gene

True. And some did, based on the seating chart. But not many. As I said, I'm surprised; IMO, this is a really good deal, even if you don't count the pleasure of meeting/getting together with other diehards. The food and the ticket are value enough right there.

TornLabrum
04-18-2006, 06:35 PM

The statement, afaik, is a lot of bull****, and one person, who has had some heated discussions here in which a person...well, let's say a mod (not me) threatened to ban along with the other people involved in said discussion...has been saying this was done.

AFAIK, one other person has brought something up. I didn't hear any of it.

TornLabrum
04-18-2006, 06:36 PM
Hal,

Have they threatened to not do this Core of the Core event again if not enough people purchase tickets? They could reduce the amount of seats available; but, I would hope they wouldn't not do this again altogether.

No such threat. It looks like we're the major group going, so we might just want to go on our own, especially if one person who used to frequent these boards keeps saying on SoxTalk that we gave their people a hard time.

Another alternative would be to do a second (smaller) one this year. We'll see.

MarySwiss
04-18-2006, 07:09 PM
No such threat. It looks like we're the major group going, so we might just want to go on our own, especially if one person who used to frequent these boards keeps saying on SoxTalk that we gave their people a hard time.

As I was not at last year's COTC, I obviously cannot comment on who said what to whom, and who was pissed off about what. (However, my educated guess is that alcohol played a large part in the proceedings.) But I must admit, vulgar curiosity drove me to check out Soxtalk. And for the most part, I found the comments in their COTC thread to be lucid and measured, as one might expect from diehard Sox fans.

That said, normally, one would expect that any alcohol-induced hard feelings, tauntings, etc., that occurred at last year's event would have run their course by now. Unfortunately, I guess this is not the case with everyone. That's sad, but it won't stop me from having fun at the COTC! And I really hope it won't stop others, either.

chisoxfanatic
04-18-2006, 07:24 PM

I wouldn't have any problem with a WSI-only affair. That would be cool as heck. I'm sure than tons of others here wouldn't have any problem with it either!

MarySwiss
04-18-2006, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't have any problem with a WSI-only affair. That would be cool as heck. I'm sure than tons of others here wouldn't have any problem with it either!

Yep. And I'd add that if the date was set far enough in advance, as this one was, you'd pull more out-of-towners as well. Main reason I didn't go last year was not enough lead time.

LuvSox
04-18-2006, 07:47 PM
As I was not at last year's COTC, I obviously cannot comment on who said what to whom, and who was pissed off about what. (However, my educated guess is that alcohol played a large part in the proceedings.) But I must admit, vulgar curiosity drove me to check out Soxtalk. And for the most part, I found the comments in their COTC thread to be lucid and measured, as one might expect from diehard Sox fans.

That said, normally, one would expect that any alcohol-induced hard feelings, tauntings, etc., that occurred at last year's event would have run their course by now. Unfortunately, I guess this is not the case with everyone. That's sad, but it won't stop me from having fun at the COTC! And I really hope it won't stop others, either.

I didn't see anything happen last year. I did, however, meet a wonderful group of people who had a blast together and saw Pablo steal home!

(The only yelling came from me, directed at two total idiot Cub lovers.) :cool:

mike squires
04-18-2006, 11:14 PM

That's becuase everyone bought season tickets. :)

itsnotrequired
04-18-2006, 11:16 PM
The statement, afaik, is a lot of bull****, and one person, who has had some heated discussions here in which a person...well, let's say a mod (not me) threatened to ban along with the other people involved in said discussion...has been saying this was done.

AFAIK, one other person has brought something up. I didn't hear any of it.

Seriously? What are these guys, 10 years old?

:rolleyes:

TornLabrum
04-18-2006, 11:20 PM
Seriously? What are these guys, 10 years old?

:rolleyes:

I'm not going to get into that. Suffice to say, some of them are now talking about their doing their own event. So let me ask this, since this seems to be the big complaint. Did anybody who was there hear anybody from WSI ask anybody from SoxTalk if their mommy dropped them off or was their mommy going to pick them up or anything to that effect? That's the story that is being given by the person I referred to a few posts up the line.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-19-2006, 12:10 AM
I'm not going to get into that. Suffice to say, some of them are now talking about their doing their own event. So let me ask this, since this seems to be the big complaint. Did anybody who was there hear anybody from WSI ask anybody from SoxTalk if their mommy dropped them off or was their mommy going to pick them up or anything to that effect? That's the story that is being given by the person I referred to a few posts up the line.

I wasn't at the COTC last year but I remember reading that comment on our board (I don't go to soxtalk or any other board except for the mostly bad Yahoo board I've been going to before I came here) afterward. I tried a search of COTC but results came up for 2006 threads only. Maybe you as a Mod have super search capabilities and can find the comment. I tried COTC and mommie and mommy. I thought the joke was funny (reminded me of the Comic Insult Dog at the Star Wars Movie Premier) but I can see how a teenager would get pissed off about it.

mike squires
04-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I'm going but I'll be in the upperdeck. I won't be able to say hi. I'll be the one giving Frank a standing O. :)

chisoxfanatic
04-19-2006, 12:53 AM
I'm going but I'll be in the upperdeck. I won't be able to say hi. I'll be the one giving Frank a standing O. :)

But, we wanna hear more about the life of Squires! :tongue:

Domeshot17
04-19-2006, 11:35 AM
My ozzie plan puts me around where you guys are, this might have been asked before, how do you order just the patio party tickets for the game and how much do they cost? Sorry if this has already been asked just couldnt find it.

CLR01
04-19-2006, 12:36 PM
My ozzie plan puts me around where you guys are, this might have been asked before, how do you order just the patio party tickets for the game and how much do they cost? Sorry if this has already been asked just couldnt find it.

I couldn't find an order form and I am not sure one exist for just patio tickets but shoot Kurt an email and he will help you out. Price is $30.

khasenbalg@chisox.com

Palehose13
04-20-2006, 10:47 PM
I couldn't find an order form and I am not sure one exist for just patio tickets but shoot Kurt an email and he will help you out. Price is $30.

khasenbalg@chisox.com

I have tickets already for that game in section 154, but I e-mailed Kurt about purchasing patio tickets for me and my girl.

Taliesinrk
04-20-2006, 11:56 PM
Come On People!!! Sign Up!!! We Need More People With Cowbells!!!!

Iwritecode
04-21-2006, 05:14 PM
I just faxed my order in. Yes, I'm a procrastinator...

I still have my upperdeck tickets for the game from my Ozzie plan to get rid of now...