PDA

View Full Version : who stayed for the whole game?

JohnBasedowYoda
04-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I thought I'd and try and condense all the random chatter about who was there the whole time.

Vote for .....THE TRUTH dum dum dummmmm

jdm2662
04-03-2006, 09:05 PM
We left at midnight (top of the sixth). Would've stuck it out, but my brother had to work (I'm off on Mondays).

Ol' No. 2
04-03-2006, 09:16 PM
I have NEVER left a game before the final out. Got home at 2:00 and dragged my dead ass out of bed for work at 6:30.

itsnotrequired
04-03-2006, 09:17 PM
I stayed for the full 6 hours.

Today was a little rough. In fact, I'm going to bed in about 15 minutes.

Soxfanspcu11
04-03-2006, 09:22 PM
We arrived at the park at 5, and did not leave until the last out was recorded at 1 something AM.

We rode out the 3 hour rain delay on the east ramps, it was actually pretty cool. I mean we were able to meet some other really nice and diehard Sox fans and watch the storm outside, which was CRAZY by the way!

I could not understand why people were leaving DURING the WORST part of the storm!:?:

I understand that people have jobs and kids and responsibilites and stuff, and can't stay all night, but why on Earth would you leave when it is a freakin monsoon out there!?!? They should have just waited like 45 minutes or so, because that first 45min-1hour were INTENSE!

I was sitting there on the ramp, nice and dry and watching all of these people running down 35th, and over the bridge on the Ryan, getting absolutely SOAKED!!! If they had just waited a little bit, it would not have been bad. I just don't get it!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Oddly enough I was in the Rain Room....rimshot?

StockdaleForVeep
04-03-2006, 09:29 PM
i watched the game and was drinkin by 5 pm, then the rain delay hit and realized i was in trouble cuz i was pacing myself for a quick 9 innings

mrs. hendu
04-03-2006, 09:30 PM
I have NEVER left a game before the final out. Got home at 2:00 and dragged my dead ass out of bed for work at 6:30.

Wow. :o: It was worth it though to see Thome's home run.:gulp:

JohnBasedowYoda
04-03-2006, 09:33 PM
i watched the game and was drinkin by 5 pm, then the rain delay hit and realized i was in trouble cuz i was pacing myself for a quick 9 innings

The "oh no I'm drinking too fast" feeling is both one of the best and worst feelings ever.

chisoxmike
04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
I was there ALL GLORIOUS 6 HOURS OF IT! And was up at 7 and got to work on time!!!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TornLabrum
04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
This is about the fourth game I've ever left early. I knew I couldn't hack getting up at 4:30 and attempting to supervise labs at 7:30 and 8:30 and then try to teach four other classes. So, no, it wasn't happening this time. Fortunately my next game is a day game (April 15) and on a Saturday.

rdivaldi
04-03-2006, 09:36 PM
I flew over the ballpark at around 2 AM and thought to myself, "Holy ---- the game isn't over yet?" as the lights were still on in the ballpark.

bnlfanmatt
04-03-2006, 09:39 PM
I'm one of those that doesn't leave a game early... And I was soaked before I even got out of the bleachers, and couldn't reach cover... So walking back to the car wouldn't have mattered with how soaked I was, of course, neither would waiting it out... so I waited it out, and was glad.

I want Mags back
04-03-2006, 10:16 PM
my dad made me leave in the top of 8th. I would have stayed if i was driving

Brian26
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
Left at 12:30 in the top of the 8th. Got home at 1:30am. In bed at 1:45 after a quick shower.

BainesHOF
04-03-2006, 10:31 PM
I left after the delay hit. There was no way my girlfriend was going to last the night as she was sick. She was puking in the morning, but still toughed it out to make it to the game.

I was glad to see Thome reward all of you who stuck it out. It's going to be another great season.

mcg
04-03-2006, 10:34 PM
My husband and I stayed until the end and finally got home at about 3am. He was a trooper and made it to work at 9am but I emailed my boss around 7am to let him I wouldn't be in until noon.

ChiSoxGirl
04-03-2006, 10:36 PM
I spent a total of 11 hours at the ballpark yesterday!!! Got there at 2:30ish and was in line to park in Lot F; left the parking lot at 1:20a or so; pulled into the driveway just before 2a; fell asleep around 2:30a (was still geeked up from the awesome night); up at 5:30a for work! I'm running on 3 hours of sleep. Is it me, or does this feel like October all over again?!

TaquitoElGoocho
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
There was no way we were going to leave the game: my boyfriend and I were not in Chicago when the Sox won the WS, missing all the local coverage and sharing the sheer joy of the championship with the millions of fans who cheered for the Sox during the win and victory parade. This nearly broke my heart. The opening day game was our closest connection to October 2005 and what we imagined were the collective emotions of Chicago's Sox fans. We loved every minute of the 8+ hours we were in park: it was electric, figuratively and literally! We will definitely be in Chicago this October! Go Sox!!

SoxIllini
04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
toughed it out with the rest of the true, loyal fans. got home around 3, power nap and up for a 14-hours shift at work at 6:15...

jdm2662
04-03-2006, 10:54 PM
We arrived at the park at 5, and did not leave until the last out was recorded at 1 something AM.

We rode out the 3 hour rain delay on the east ramps, it was actually pretty cool. I mean we were able to meet some other really nice and diehard Sox fans and watch the storm outside, which was CRAZY by the way!

I could not understand why people were leaving DURING the WORST part of the storm!:?:

I understand that people have jobs and kids and responsibilites and stuff, and can't stay all night, but why on Earth would you leave when it is a freakin monsoon out there!?!? They should have just waited like 45 minutes or so, because that first 45min-1hour were INTENSE!

I was sitting there on the ramp, nice and dry and watching all of these people running down 35th, and over the bridge on the Ryan, getting absolutely SOAKED!!! If they had just waited a little bit, it would not have been bad. I just don't get it!

We parked at IIT. There was no way in hell we were going to talk back there during that storm! If we were in the close lots, maybe. However, that's a decent walk even without the storm. I was confortable under the roof of the upper deck, until the wind shifted...

MrRoboto83
i stayed the entire game, got home around 2:15am I believe, it was well worth it.

JB98
I stayed the whole game. I don't start work until 4 p.m. No reason to get up in the morning; no reason to leave the game.

logansquaresox
04-03-2006, 10:59 PM
I stuck, trusting to the power of several quarts of coffee to get me through my day. Heck, I was even productive at work today. The experience was well worth some slight physical discomfort. :smile:

ShoelessJoeS
04-03-2006, 11:50 PM
I paid almost $200 for my 5th row bleacher tickets, there was no way in hell I was leaving. Plus, like No. 2 said, I've never left early for a game and probably never will.

ihatethecubs
04-04-2006, 12:02 AM
i stayed and was rewarded. we went from sect 530 row 13, to 1st row behind the indians dugout right behind the indians logo

Max Power
04-04-2006, 12:03 AM
I have NEVER left a game before the final out.

Me neither. And I wasn't going to start last night. People at work were telling me I was crazy. Guess they don't know me too well.

Parrothead
04-04-2006, 12:10 AM
Stayed for the whole thing too. Got there about 3:30 and home at 2:15. Had to get up 6 am for work. Glad they won but more info should have been available to everyone, i.e. how long were they going to wait. I thought there was a MLB rule the 1st delay could only be 2 hrs., the 2nd 1.5 hours and 3rd 1 hr. I am right? I can't find it on the MLB web site.

I am surprised the Sox did nothing for the people who stayed. They have in past long rain delays, i.e. the 8+ hour one vs. Texas.

Harris=God
04-04-2006, 12:32 AM
i stayed and was rewarded. we went from sect 530 row 13, to 1st row behind the indians dugout right behind the indians logo

Same here, ended up 4 rows off the field next to sox dugout. Heckled the Hell out of aaron Boone

Bobbo35
04-04-2006, 08:19 AM
My buddy and I stuck it out and it was well worth the wait!!

Jurr
04-04-2006, 08:56 AM
I was heading to the old Red Line at 1:15. What a night. Typical Chicago April baseball. :bandance:

DaBears
04-04-2006, 09:17 AM
Same here, ended up 4 rows off the field next to sox dugout. Heckled the Hell out of aaron Boone

So you were one of THOSE guys!!! I hope you werent the one who wouldnt sit down!!:o:

Dadawg_77
04-04-2006, 09:41 AM
I haven't seen this any where else, but did anyone else notice that the Sox clocks weren't set back an hour for day light saving time? Then when 1AM rolled around, they started playing songs like "After Midnight", also the Sox said they were planning on starting around 10:30 and the game restarted about 11:30.

voodoochile
04-04-2006, 03:43 PM
This is about the fourth game I've ever left early. I knew I couldn't hack getting up at 4:30 and attempting to supervise labs at 7:30 and 8:30 and then try to teach four other classes. So, no, it wasn't happening this time. Fortunately my next game is a day game (April 15) and on a Saturday.

Where were you sitting?

There was a guy scoring in section 506 row 10 who looked a lot like you (I was in row 11 on the aisle). I tried calling "Hal" a couple of times, but "you" didn't turn around. I stayed in my seat area until the wind shifted and the center of the storm moved at which point even the roof wasn't enough protection and almost everyone deserted their seats. Originally I had some of the last two seats mostly protected by the roof, but that obviously changed. I moved downstairs, but "you" put on a huge green parka and just sat their like a mountain, refusing to be daunted. In fact whoever this guy was actually sat in that seat for most of the worst part of the storm and on into the "merely sheets of water, no lightning" phase that followed. I did notice they left before the end of the delay.

Oh and yes, I stayed for every lovely minute. As I stated in the post game thread, I was on the last northbound train to leave 35th street and one of the last people off the train because we had to ride it up to Granville (6200 north). We got home at 2:15 but my friend doesn't work and I am on vacation, so we didn't have to get up. What a night...

voodoochile
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I haven't seen this any where else, but did anyone else notice that the Sox clocks weren't set back an hour for day light saving time? Then when 1AM rolled around, they started playing songs like "After Midnight", also the Sox said they were planning on starting around 10:30 and the game restarted about 11:30.

Actually, in spring, you "spring forward" and in Fall you "Fall back". The main clock on the scoreboard was correct.

Edit: My understanding is they expected a break arond 10:30 from the rain. They got it, but it took almost an hour to get the tarp up as it continued to drizzle heavily and there was a LOT of water to get off the field.

Dadawg_77
04-04-2006, 06:26 PM
Actually, in spring, you "spring forward" and in Fall you "Fall back". The main clock on the scoreboard was correct.

Edit: My understanding is they expected a break arond 10:30 from the rain. They got it, but it took almost an hour to get the tarp up as it continued to drizzle heavily and there was a LOT of water to get off the field.

I couldn't see the clock from my seat in RF, but clock on Dan Ryan board said 12:something when I left the park after the last out.

Sox of White
04-04-2006, 06:28 PM
I stayed until the end. Who would leave??? I even had a test the next morning at 8:30 and I still needed to study for it, but I stayed.

Jerko
04-04-2006, 06:31 PM
I stayed until the end too. As somebody posted earlier, I got "trapped" in the outfield and was SOAKED, so I figured I may as well stay. Wasn't gonna get any worse. No way was I leaving early. Monday sucked, but it was worth it.

voodoochile
04-04-2006, 06:35 PM
I couldn't see the clock from my seat in RF, but clock on Dan Ryan board said 12:something when I left the park after the last out.

Yeah, I was mildly surprised they started the 9th inning because I thought they couldn't start one after 1:00 AM, but I was informed here afterwards that rule has been repealed - and apparently for quite a while...:redface:

SouthSide_HitMen
04-04-2006, 06:40 PM
Stayed the whole game Sunday. Left today in the 9th.

Ol' No. 2
04-04-2006, 06:43 PM

Edit: My understanding is they expected a break arond 10:30 from the rain. They got it, but it took almost an hour to get the tarp up as it continued to drizzle heavily and there was a LOT of water to get off the field.Was it my imagination or did they seem to be waiting for the video on the scoreboard to end before the started taking up the tarp? What was that about?

Harris=God
04-04-2006, 08:05 PM
So you were one of THOSE guys!!! I hope you werent the one who wouldnt sit down!!:o:

What did that one look like.

Dadawg_77
04-04-2006, 09:00 PM
Was it my imagination or did they seem to be waiting for the video on the scoreboard to end before the started taking up the tarp? What was that about?

I think they were waiting for that patch that hit about half inning after the restart to pass over.

buehrle4cy05
04-04-2006, 09:02 PM
Stayed all game today, finished out the scorecard. Also wanted to see Bobby pitch.