PDA

View Full Version : Barons Roster Looks Set

KRS1
04-03-2006, 08:54 PM
I believe this is it as it is a totally different roster than the one they had up earlier today.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=t_ros&cid=247

It's still not up on Barons.com, but it looks like the format there will take longer to compile. Surprising not to see Flores or Ovalles on it, but there are only 12 pitchers so far and more could be added.

Also weird to see Hansen and not Hinton here, but looks like Hinton will be up in Charlotte.

California Sox
04-03-2006, 09:16 PM
I read in Birmingham paper that both West and Malone are expected to start, but that can't be right. a) their futures appear to be in the bullpen if at all b) there are four solid prospects in Lumsden, Liotta, Broadway, and Ryan Rodriguez who all need to start, right?

Pretty amazing to trade starters of the quality of Haigwood and Gio and still have this many decent lefthanders. And, putting my faith in Randar, I haven't given up on Whisler yet.

Not a lot of OF here unless Collaro learns the strike zone. Wouldn't shock me if Nanita got a look as a fourth OF with some organization. Probably not Sox with Sweeney around. Maybe he'll put up some numbers and get thrown into a deal.

KRS1
04-03-2006, 09:16 PM
Birmingham
----------
SS-Valido-R
2b-Getz-L
LF-Collaro-R
1b-Hansen-L
C2-Lee-R
RF-Nanita-L
C -Molina-R
3b-Schnurstein-R
CF-Amador-R

''''''''''''''
C -Rosa
IF-Myers
3b-Sasser
OF-Quinn

SP-Liotta-L
SP-Lumsden-L
SP-Broadway-R
SP-Malone-L
SP-R.Rodriguez-L
SP-West-R
RP-Little-R
RP-Wasserman-R
RP-Lamura-R
RP-Pollok-R
RP-Rusty Tucker-L
RP-Dizard-L

CleeFan101
04-04-2006, 03:59 AM
It will be interesting watching Valido and Getz but the rest of the lineup isnt all 2 pretty.... I guess Micah Schnurstein is a name to watch too. The lineup definitely isnt nearly as good as last year.

Hopefully Broadway and Liotta can impress in the rotation though, with good seasons by those 2 in AA our farm system will look much better. I know Lumsden will do good if he can just stay healthy. Malone is a ? mark kind of... I think this is the last season he will get a chance to prove he can start... Rodriguez probably just a filler until Honel is ready to go?

KRS1
04-04-2006, 04:19 AM
It will be interesting watching Valido and Getz but the rest of the lineup isnt all 2 pretty.... I guess Micah Schnurstein is a name to watch too. The lineup definitely isnt nearly as good as last year.

Hopefully Broadway and Liotta can impress in the rotation though, with good seasons by those 2 in AA our farm system will look much better. I know Lumsden will do good if he can just stay healthy. Malone is a ? mark kind of... I think this is the last season he will get a chance to prove he can start... Rodriguez probably just a filler until Honel is ready to go?

Collaro, Hansen, and Lee should be able to hold their own in that league, and could be productive with all the opportunities Getz and Valido provide them. Hansen has been tearing the cover off the ball this spring, so count him in as someone to watch while in Bham. Rodriguez should be a member of that staff all season. Really exciting rotation to watch there this season, but Tucker is the only guy I care about in the pen for now.

CleeFan101
04-04-2006, 05:28 AM
well maybe Collaro... but if I were you I wouldnt expect too much from Lee. Although it would be kind of cool to have him succeed and get a new Carlos Lee aftering losing our old one =p

KRS1
04-04-2006, 03:49 PM
well maybe Collaro... but if I were you I wouldnt expect too much from Lee. Although it would be kind of cool to have him succeed and get a new Carlos Lee aftering losing our old one =p

Lee is listed on the DL on Barons.com, anyone know why? Also he has shown he can hit at each level he has been to with the exception being the short season he had on 04' at W-S. I expect him to show more of the same in Bham.

KRS1
04-04-2006, 05:36 PM
Well, it looks like this is they way things have unfolded with AAA. There are a few guys left over that you cant quite place on this roster yet. I just put Wing as the 5th starter, because I didnt know who else to fill it in with.

Charlotte
---------
CF-Owens-L
2b-Lopez-R
RF-Sweeney-L
3b-Fields-R
1b-Rogowski-L
UT-Hummel-R
LF-Blakely-S
C -Stewart-R
SS-Gonzalez-R
'''''''''''
1b-Hinton-L
C-Armstrong-L
IF-McCarthy-R

SP-Munoz-L
SP-Haeger-R
SP-Phillips-L
SP-Lubisich-L
SP-Wing-L???????
RP-Randolph-L
RP-Almanza-L
RP-Bentz-L
RP-Lopez-L
RP-Reynoso-L
RP-Flores-R
RP-Nunez-R
RP-Montero-R
RP-Tracey-R
--------------
Left over
Orionny Lopez
Nikolas Lemon
Juan Ovalles
------------
DL
Joshua Fields
Kris Honel
Grant Hansen

maurice
04-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Lee is listed on the DL on Barons.com, anyone know why?

This is total speculation, but it's possible that they put him there to have a 3rd catcher on hand without filling a roster spot. (Lee regularly worked in the bullpen at TEP during ST games.) When they need him to play later in the season, they can just make a minor roster move. I don't want to name names, but the Sox minor-league system has used the DL in this Krause-like manner in the past, especially with catchers.

KRS1
04-05-2006, 08:36 PM
This is total speculation, but it's possible that they put him there to have a 3rd catcher on hand without filling a roster spot. (Lee regularly worked in the bullpen at TEP during ST games.) When they need him to play later in the season, they can just make a minor roster move. I don't want to name names, but the Sox minor-league system has used the DL in this Krause-like manner in the past, especially with catchers.

Highly doubtful, the minors have the reserve list where up to 37 players can be on a AA roster(38 for AAA, A and below 35). Only 24 are allowed to be active on any given gameday, but you can change it daily, so a move to the DL would be pointless.