PDA

View Full Version : When to enter game to get rings?

downstairs
04-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Curious on everyone's thoughts...

Going to the game tomorrow, plan on parking around 10.00 or so... 10.30 maybe.

Gates open at 11am... rings to the first 20,000 (i think?)

Assuming I'd like to hang out and tailgate as long as possible... how long do you think the rings will last? How long will it take for 20,000 to enter?

I've never cared too much for promotions- but this one I'm really into...

pearso66
04-03-2006, 07:28 PM

Assuming I'd like to hang out and tailgate as long as possible... how long do you think the rings will last? How long will it take for 20,000 to enter?

I don't konw, but I'm planning on getting there by 10 at the latest, and getting in line right away. Yesterday with about an hour before the gates opened, there were tons of people in line. I couldn't tell you how many, but gate 3 was backed up almost across the parking lot.

buehrle4cy05
04-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm leaving on the green line at 10:30, hope to be down there by 11, right when the gates open...unless somebody here thinks it will be a huge rush at 11 to get rings.

TheDarkGundam
04-03-2006, 07:32 PM
The way I see it, a lot of people will be there early to get rings, but most likely not 20,000.
I'll probably get there around 10 anyway.

jdm2662
04-03-2006, 09:10 PM
We walked in the park a little before 6 yesterday and still got a rally sock. I was surprised because the park was pretty full even at that time.

Ol' No. 2
04-03-2006, 09:13 PM

I've never cared too much for promotions- but this one I'm really into...Aesop had something to say about this:

The Dog and the Shadow

A Dog, crossing a bridge over a stream with a piece of flesh in his mouth, saw his own shadow in the water and took it for that of another Dog, with a piece of meat double his own in size. He immediately let go of his own, and fiercely attacked the other Dog to get his larger piece from him. He thus lost both: that which he grasped at in the water, because it was a shadow; and his own, because the stream swept it away.

Soxfanspcu11
04-03-2006, 09:14 PM
Yesterday was really bad, it terms of getting into the stadium. We got there at about 5 because I wanted all the promotions and didn't want to miss anything. By the time we arrived at the West gates, the line was HUGE! It took us about 25-30 minutes to get inside.

However that was on a Sunday, so I could understand that. Ring Day being Tuesday, I don't think it will be like that again.

But let's try and keep this "on the low" as much as possible so only the people that know and who really want the rings (us), can get them!

champagne030
04-03-2006, 10:18 PM
We walked in the park a little before 6 yesterday and still got a rally sock. I was surprised because the park was pretty full even at that time.

It all depends on which gate you enter. They may have 20K of something to give out, but some gates run out (say Gate 2) way before others. They didn't have the magnet calendars at Gate 2 yesterday after 6:30 even though they said everyone gets one. Went to gate 4 and they had boxes and boxes of magnet schedules.

C-Dawg
04-03-2006, 10:25 PM
But let's try and keep this "on the low" as much as possible so only the people that know and who really want the rings (us), can get them!

What's that you say?!? I just heard there's already 20,000 camping out there on the concrete!

C-Dawg
04-03-2006, 10:27 PM
They didn't have the magnet calendars at Gate 2 yesterday after 6:30 even though they said everyone gets one. Went to gate 4 and they had boxes and boxes of magnet schedules.

I somehow missed the magnet schedules entirely last year by being too late to a couple games. Must've been that pesky Gate 2!

BeefyD
04-03-2006, 10:35 PM
Gate 2 is by far the worst gate to get promotional stuff.

Try ANY other gate...

ewokpelts
04-03-2006, 10:39 PM

It'll last 10 seconds

Brian26
04-03-2006, 10:40 PM
It'll last 10 seconds

Until Tuesday night, when there will be 800 rings on Ebay.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Aesop had something to say about this:

The Dog and the Shadow

A Dog, crossing a bridge over a stream with a piece of flesh in his mouth, saw his own shadow in the water and took it for that of another Dog, with a piece of meat double his own in size. He immediately let go of his own, and fiercely attacked the other Dog to get his larger piece from him. He thus lost both: that which he grasped at in the water, because it was a shadow; and his own, because the stream swept it away.

I know Jim Hendry isn't the most handsome guy, but come on, he's no dog.

mike squires
04-04-2006, 12:39 AM
Longest line I've ever seen for a promotion was Magglio Bobble head day on Cal Ripkin's last game at Comiskey. The line was roped well into the parking lot and another that stretched around the ticket window side of the park. Wife grabbed the last one god bless her. I was empty handed. usually no matter the prmotion I am the first one in line with my nose pressed against the gate checking my watch every 10 seconds like a little kid.

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Uh oh... I sense The Who, Cincinnati 1979. Hopefully people will be as orderly as Sunday. I plan on getting there at 11:00, so I should still be able to get one. Remember, 20,000 people is ALOT of people to be standing in line. On Sun, as I was tailgating in Lot E, the lines may have been 500-750 deep. 750 x 6 gates is still only 4,500 people before gates opened.

Law11
04-04-2006, 09:03 AM
I don't konw, but I'm planning on getting there by 10 at the latest, and getting in line right away. Yesterday with about an hour before the gates opened, there were tons of people in line. I couldn't tell you how many, but gate 3 was backed up almost across the parking lot.

Here's a photo of the line at gate 3. I got in line at 4:00. An hour before the gates opened at 5 and was atthe front.

daveeym
04-04-2006, 11:03 AM
Here's a photo of the line at gate 3. I got in line at 4:00. An hour before the gates opened at 5 and was atthe front. I rolled up to gate 3 at about 5:05 and it took a good 25-30 minutes to get in. I passed on Gate 2? (overpass gate on 35th) since the line was single file and about half way up 35th. That was probably a mistake, that single file line probably moved a heck of a lot smoother than gate 3.

bennyw41
04-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Do you think they'll send a replica ring to all the season ticket holders?

LongLiveFisk
04-04-2006, 11:37 AM
Gate 2 is by far the worst gate to get promotional stuff.

Try ANY other gate...

Gate 3 isn't anything to brag about either. I remember not getting a Fisk bobblehead a couple yrs back when I was lined up almost 3 hrs before the gates opened. :angry:

daveeym
04-04-2006, 11:53 AM
From what my parents just told me the gates are as bad as they were Sunday when the gates opened.

RoobarbPie
04-04-2006, 02:38 PM
This is somewhat related to the "rings" post but geared more for tomorrow since that's when I'm going.....

That guy blogging sox games on the Trib said that his buddy went there at 11:00 a.m. and missed out on getting a ring. If true, it's crazy that you can't even get the giveaway by going 2 hrs early anymore.

I want to get a trophy tomorrow. Is there any verdict on the best gate to go to and the best time to get there???

Soxaholic
04-04-2006, 07:34 PM
I entered Gate 5 at around 11:30 today (after going through the disaster that is parking) and they still had plenty of rings. They didnt even have a line 10 people deep. I always try to avoid Gate 2 (because of the bar) and 3 because it's the gate closest to all the other lots. It seems like very few people use Gate 5.

Blob
04-04-2006, 07:36 PM
This is somewhat related to the "rings" post but geared more for tomorrow since that's when I'm going.....

That guy blogging sox games on the Trib said that his buddy went there at 11:00 a.m. and missed out on getting a ring. If true, it's crazy that you can't even get the giveaway by going 2 hrs early anymore.

I want to get a trophy tomorrow. Is there any verdict on the best gate to go to and the best time to get there???

My brother entered after 11am and he still got a ring.

TheDarkGundam
04-04-2006, 08:04 PM
When to enter game to get rings?
Before 11:50 :whiner: