PDA

View Full Version : Micah Schnurstein

ChiSoxLifer
04-03-2006, 07:18 PM
Does anyone know anything about Schnurstein and the scouting report on him? I saw him play at spring training but never heard of him. If he ever made it to the majors, I would think he'd be a fan favorite just because of his last name, alone.

Randar68
04-05-2006, 12:45 PM
Does anyone know anything about Schnurstein and the scouting report on him? I saw him play at spring training but never heard of him. If he ever made it to the majors, I would think he'd be a fan favorite just because of his last name, alone.

He's an average defender and a pretty good hitter that has not developed much power as of yet. I don't feel he has major league ability, but he's still young and can still change my mind.

Daver
04-05-2006, 08:48 PM
He's an average defender and a pretty good hitter that has not developed much power as of yet. I don't feel he has major league ability, but he's still young and can still change my mind.

I think a little more of him than Randar does, he's spray hitter that can hit to all fields, and can situational hit as needed, but he lacks plate discipline. His chances of making it to the big leagues will probably depend on him becoming a utility infielder as opposed to a third baseman, I doubt anyone will make him an everyday third baseman unless he makes great strides with his defense, and develops some power.