PDA

View Full Version : Help - ridiculousness from Sox re: "lost" passes

kittle42
04-03-2006, 06:27 PM
So, I posted here a few days ago that I had not yet received my parking tickets. Well, I *still* haven't. Here's a rundown:

I have been charged for season tickets and full-season parking passes. I received the tickets, not the passes.

I communicated with Katie, my rep, Friday that I did not yet receive the passes. I had been told two days earlier by another rep they were printing and would get to me by Sunday.

Katie asked me to fill out a lost tickets affidavit, which I did, and said she would overnight the parking tickets to anywhere I wanted them sent. Since another co-ticket-holder of mine was using the Sunday passes, I had them sent to me c/o him at his home in Evergreen Park. Katie said this was fine.

I then received an e-mail from my co-ticket-holder on Sat. afternoon saying he had not received any overnight package. Nothing could be dine at the point I got the e-mail, so he decided to pay for parking (at 30th and State, mind you) on Sunday.

Today, I e-mailed Katie again to explain what happened. She again expressed that she was sorry, and asked me to fill out another affidavit. I did. When I checked back with her a few hours later, she said she had tracked down the passes and that the DHL website said they had been delivered. The codes said they were left at the front door.

The guy to whom they were delievered - and his wife - were home all day Saturday. It appears they went to the right address. No passes were ever received. Katie's response? "You have to file a police report and we'll go from there."

What do I do?

MarySwiss
04-03-2006, 06:34 PM
File the police report. And keep receipts for all your parking fees. It looks like you have established a good paper trail--via the affadavits--so this will probably be resolved at some point.

ilsox7
04-03-2006, 06:49 PM
Unfortunately it sounds like a DHL problem and not a White Sox problem.

BainesHOF
04-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Some of these delivery companies are a joke. UPS just leaves stuff on my front stoop all the time.

SABRSox
04-03-2006, 08:44 PM
UPS and DHL are jokes. Should the White Sox send you another set of passes, kindly ask they send them FedEx, and require a signature. That way you won't get some driver leaving them on your doorstep, and somebody walking by and taking them.

Brian26
04-03-2006, 10:23 PM
Wow, what a terrible story. Hang in there Kittle.

Vernam
04-03-2006, 10:53 PM
UPS and DHL are jokes. Should the White Sox send you another set of passes, kindly ask they send them FedEx, and require a signature. That way you won't get some driver leaving them on your doorstep, and somebody walking by and taking them.Not to make light of Kittle42's predicament, but Channel 9 just teased their 9:00 sports segment with footage of the real (not souvenir) World Series rings being delivered to U.S. Cellular today by, um, DHL. They also said Jerry Reinsdorf personally met the truck, which -- given your situation -- might say something about the team's confidence in DHL . . .

Vernam

kittle42
04-04-2006, 12:59 AM
Update - it *was* the Sox' fault - sitting in my mailbox today was a package from the Sox containing the tickets - with the wrong zip code - postmarked *March 11*. Ugh.

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Well, on the plus side, you have only lost out on one game. See if Katie cannot refund your parking fee from Sunday in Comiskey Cash or something.

Timmy D's
04-04-2006, 01:25 AM
Well, on the plus side, you have only lost out on one game. See if Katie cannot refund your parking fee from Sunday in Comiskey Cash or something.

Just request a comp 06' White Sox Game 1, 06' World Series ticket for your inconvenience.:wink:

Glad to hear ya got your passes!!

daveeym
04-04-2006, 11:06 AM
Update - it *was* the Sox' fault - sitting in my mailbox today was a package from the Sox containing the tickets - with the wrong zip code - postmarked *March 11*. Ugh. Congrats - I asked to have my season tix sent to a different address then my billing address (wanted them sent to my parents place in the burbs rather than my apartment in the city) and my rep told me they couldn't do that. Sounds like their system is pretty incompetent regarding "alternative" deliveries.

ilsox7
04-04-2006, 11:08 AM
Update - it *was* the Sox' fault - sitting in my mailbox today was a package from the Sox containing the tickets - with the wrong zip code - postmarked *March 11*. Ugh.

Give 'em hell!

Unregistered
04-04-2006, 12:00 PM
DHL is seriously the worst. I ordered a gift (digital camera) online with DHL 2-day Delivery about a week before I was going to Europe for 3 weeks. They apparently left it on the doorstep of an apartment complex 2 blocks down from my house without having it signed for (their admission).

I had to buy the camera AGAIN in person and told the other company to refund my money and that they can figure out what happened to the package considering DHL is the company they use.

Tom~Attitude
04-04-2006, 12:27 PM
The reliability of the carrier has a lot to do with the local route driver. My home and work UPS guys have been on the route for years and know the area. The FedEx Ground guys need to ask directions. I've had deliveries for the correct "house number" but the street name will be wrong. I've had packages shown on the Tracking site as "delivered" but not to me!

I've been told that FedEx Ground service is subbed out in some areas to DHL drivers. Regular FedEx Air seems OK. Get tracking numbers!

Fenway
04-05-2006, 11:10 AM
Unfortunately it sounds like a DHL problem and not a White Sox problem.

DHL signed a deal with MLB to be the "official" courier of MLB. You would "think" any package from a MLB team would get special treatment. Instead DHL is looking bad in many cities

In Boston
The Red Sox are tracing the delivery snafus back to DHL Global, which is taking its first at bat this year in delivering the 12,000 season-ticket orders.

http://news.bostonherald.com/localRegional/view.bg?articleid=133634

PaleHosed
04-05-2006, 01:36 PM
The Red Sox are tracing the delivery snafus back to DHL Global, which is taking its first at bat this year in delivering the 12,000 season-ticket orders.

If the Boston only sold 12,000 season tickets ... we gotta be right near the top in baseball at 21,000. Anybody know who the top season ticket sellers were this year? If we're at the top of that list that be pretty amazing to me.

dickallen15
04-05-2006, 08:01 PM
If the Boston only sold 12,000 season tickets ... we gotta be right near the top in baseball at 21,000. Anybody know who the top season ticket sellers were this year? If we're at the top of that list that be pretty amazing to me.

21,000 season tickets translates into less than 10,000 actual season ticket accounts.

SoxEd
04-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Well, over here, ALL the courier firms are rubbish.

I used to dispatch lots of packages for one firm, and stopped using our 'regular' firm because they were so unreliable.
Even on large, 'un-stealable' items like 8-foot long steel props.
These would go to the wrong address, arrive two days late, or 'never arrive'.

Yeah, it must be so easy to 'mislay' one of those.

I switched firms to ALL the major players here.
ALL were unreliable.
UPS & DHL included.

If you have a regular consignment going to the same address at the same time every day/week, they can cope - if you want to courier something to a non-regular address, they're worse than useless.

TWICE I had to ring round the Courier company's depots to get one of their vans (with my package on) on its way to another 'regional Depot' to meet one of OUR field guys at specific places, in order to get the things delivered on time.
In a country as small as England.

This inevitably involved the diversion of our Field guys, and annoyed our Clients.

I don't trust ANY of them.

Rant over.