PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Carl "strikes" back..

lumpyspun
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
Since the signing of Carl Everett by Seattle (I live here), I've had to listen to many brutal fans piss and moan about what a terrible guy he is and how he doesn't fit in with the team/city.

On the very first pitch he sees (after a spattering of boos in the crowd) he swings and lets go of the bat and it goes flying into the crowd about 15 rows back. Obivously he didn't do it on purpose, but it made me laugh b/c it was a symbolic middle finger to the fans.

Of course, he hit one about 390 feet to dead center right after that and all the fans that were booing him were probably on their feet screaming b/c they thought he just hit a homerun...

daveeym
04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
I'm gonna miss the little dinosaur saying "I believe in you Carl."

goofymsfan
04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
Since the signing of Carl Everett by Seattle (I live here), I've had to listen to many brutal fans piss and moan about what a terrible guy he is and how he doesn't fit in with the team/city.

On the very first pitch he sees (after a spattering of boos in the crowd) he swings and lets go of the bat and it goes flying into the crowd about 15 rows back. Obivously he didn't do it on purpose, but it made me laugh b/c it was a symbolic middle finger to the fans.

Of course, he hit one about 390 feet to dead center right after that and all the fans that were booing him were probably on their feet screaming b/c they thought he just hit a homerun...

I admit I was one that wasn't overly thrilled to have the M's sign Carl, however, my opinion has changed. I got to watch how he interacted with fans in Spring Training and even at the Beavers/M's game in Portland and the M's/Rainiers game in Tacoma. He was great with the fans and happily signed autographs for those that asked. I also had a chance to talk with the Officer in the Bullpens and he had nothing but good things to say about Carl. I trust his judgement and am willing to say I was wrong. I hope Carl has a great season and I will be cheering him on.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-04-2006, 02:55 AM
I liked Carl on the Sox, and I think they benefited from his passion and energy, which could be construed as "leadership", I guess. I just wish he'd kept his yap shut after the Sox let him go. Kenny brought him back three times (two trades, and then picking up his '05 option), allowing him to finally taste a World Championship after a long, checkered, and well-traveled career path. I'd have expected a little more gratitude.

TDog
04-04-2006, 04:29 AM
I was listening to the game on the radio while driving into work. Everett ripped a single in what should have been a big inning. Too bad Jeremy Reed struck out with the scored tied, no outs and the bases loaded. Reed worked the count to 3-1 before missing the next two pitches and the M's didn't score. Reed struck out in the ninth, too, in front of a home run that pulled the M's to within a run.

It isn't Everett the fans should be booing.