PDA

View Full Version : Everyone else's opening day - 4/3 Around the league

HotelWhiteSox
04-03-2006, 03:34 PM
Well, almost everyone else.

Great to have Extra Innings free for a week, and a lot of games are on ESPN. Am flipping around, but trying to focus on everyone's sleeper, Brewers/Pirates. Observations around the league:

-Just flipped through quick, but Schilling looked thinner than last year. Hmm, he sure was mad at Canseco at those hearings...

-Still hold true to my belief of previous years that the NL is weak, just like the NBA Eastern Conf in the Kobe/Shaq time period, except the media recognized the East was week. If the Flubs would be competitive by beating the lowly Pirates/Reds, the media would orgasm. I don't think the Cardinals of the last couple years would dominate as they did if they were in the AL, even though they are good. I also think the Drays, Tigers, and Rangers would compete in the NL, probably be favorites with a few tweaks, and not even make the playoffs with those tweaks in the AL. Anyways, end of rant, just think a lot of mediocrity is confusing a lot of the media to think everyone is competitive

- Flipped around to WGN on a commercial break, what a joke Carlos Zambrano is. It shocks me how in a league the pitcher hits is how he doesn't get knocked out cold or get his hitters beaned. He got out of a bases loaded jam in the 1st where the ball was an inch away from being a slam, and he started jumping and pump fisting around like he was just named the heir of the Earth, even after giving up a run. Any other sport or even player and its poor sportsmanship, and him or his manager has the audacity to yell at Jim Edmonds or how others celebrate. Anyways, this is too much text spent talking about this crappy team, as I've already had enough with the drive home and hearing Murph have them in the Series because they were up on the Reds.

- Later on, I might check out Angels/M's and probably Yankees/A's, with a good pitching matchup and of course Frank. Also some good pitching matchups later on in the NL. Willis vs Oswalt (but the Marlins are a AAA team), Peavy vs Schmidt, and one of my fav pitchers in Tim Hudson against Derek Lowe.

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Aaron Rowand's first at bat as a Phillie: a double. :smile:

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 03:41 PM
I love this day. I always like staying home on opening day and just watching baseball for twelve hours. IMO, today is the real opening day.

Aaron Rowand just doubled in his first Phillies at-bat. He was helped by the fact that Edmonds couldn't make a somewhat tough catch, but it's still nice to see Aaron get a hit in his first AB.

Soriano looks disinterested in left field. He just looks like he doesn't want to be there.

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 03:43 PM
Soriano looks disinterested in left field. He just looks like he doesn't want to be there.
I only watched a bit of the Mets-Nats game so far, but I agree about Soriano. He is trotting around in LF looking VERY lackadaisical.

I love this day too.

samram

In his "defense" (ha, it works on so many levels! sigh...), he looked disinterested at second base too.

Jjav829
Horrible decision to send Soriano with 0 outs. Great relay by Floyd and Reyes and Soriano is gunned down at home. Still 3-2 Mets in the 8th.

Well, on the replay it looks like Lo Duca dropped the ball, but the Mets got the call because Lo Duca's back blocked the umpire.

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 03:46 PM
I really like Heilman. His delivery is eerily similiar to Don Drysdale's (not as scary tho).

samram
04-03-2006, 03:47 PM
In other games, the Cubs' new ace, Carlos the Irritable, has blown a five run lead.

Jjav829
Pujols homers and my streak in MLB.com's Beat the Streak Home Run Edition is now at 2. :bandance:

samram
I really like Heilman. His delivery is eerily similiar to Don Drysdale's (not as scary tho).

Yeah, I've made significant fantasy investments on Mr. Heilman.

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 03:49 PM
In other games, the Cubs' new ace, Carlos the Irritable, has blown a five run lead.
Ho ho! Hee hee! Ha ha! What a tool. He'll prolly get himself tossed in the next inning or two.

HotelWhiteSox
04-03-2006, 03:52 PM
Damn, I forgot about ARow and the Phils because it's not on my Extra Innings schedule, guess that will be my Gamecast game.

I also love this day, baseball all day from like 11 to midnight

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 03:53 PM
Ho ho! Hee hee! Ha ha! What a tool. He'll prolly get himself tossed in the next inning or two.

Dusty just pulled him and Jacque Jones from the game.

palehozenychicty

Crazy thing is that the Metropolitans won't start him, considering their frail, aging pitchers.

SouthSide_HitMen
My Sox Pride Gameday Audio is not working. :angry:

I'm forced listening to the Cubs (though they just pulled Zambrano after he gave up the tying run after the Cubs staked him to a 5-1 lead). :angry: :angry:

I wanted to listen to the Mets followed by John Rooney. :angry: :angry:

I think I am off to the bar to salvage the day. :cool:

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 03:55 PM
Jimmy Rollins hit it right on the nose, a line drive, right to the Cardinal CF. Rollins is 0-2 so far.

palehozenychicty
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM
Jimmy Rollins hit it right on the nose, a line drive, right to the Cardinal CF. Rollins is 0-2 so far.

I hope he can drop one in and at least break the NL streak.........

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Vidro gets thrown out by Beltran trying to stretch a single into a double and Billy Wagner closes out the Mets victory. Pretty good game. :thumbsup:

Some bad baserunning by the Nats in this game. They should have tied it in the 8th.

StockdaleForVeep
04-03-2006, 04:04 PM
The reds showing right now why the NL central is the new joke of MLB

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:08 PM
Nats took a tough loss against the Mets. First was that play at the plate where Soriano was called out [replays showed Du Luca dropped the ball]. Then in the 9th, Vidro raps 2-out gapper that Beltran cuts off before the ball can reach the wall. Beltran then throws out Vidro trying to stretch a single into a double.

Glavine wins #276 for his career.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:10 PM
Leiber chased. Cards 5 - Phillies 0, top of the 4th.

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 04:12 PM
The Cubs score 4 in the top of the 6th, still batting with no outs.

WhiteSoxFan84
Reds have no defense.

Baby Fisk
Reds implode, then Cubs implode, then Reds implode... yikes! :rolleyes:

If they only had Danny Graves...

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 04:14 PM
It's game 1 of the season for the Dodgers and Nomar is scratched because of an injury. :rolleyes:

It's nothing serious. Just a sore shoulder, I believe, but still...it's the first game of the season and he's already standing in the dugout watching.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Rolen just smacked a granny... Cards 10, Phillies nada, top of the 4th.

Dan Mega
04-03-2006, 04:18 PM

Anyone wanna guess the over/under on how many articles the Cubune will have praising the future Hall of Famer Murton?

WhiteSoxFan84
Correction to my previous post: the Reds have no leftfielder... no seriously, he's missing.... because all the popflies hit to left keep falling to the ground! :angry:

Uncle_Patrick
The Cubs score 2 more, still no outs.

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Adam LaRoche with a 3-run HR. :bandance:Derek Lowe's run:out ratio is currently 4:1. :smile:

The Racehorse
Cards have had a triple, double, grand slam, and pretty much everything in between in their half of the 4th. Rowand will need an oxygen bottle out there in CF if Philly pitching continues like this.

EDIT: Cards score 8 runs on 8 hits that inning.

Deebs14

Damn, that was quick. I walk to the library when the game is tied, and I get here and it's back to a four run lead...tuh.

Now it's a six run lead.

palehozenychicty
04-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Reds have no defense.

Adam Dunn is officially a DH and needs to be traded tomorrow. He has cost the Reds this game by himself.............

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Correction to my previous post: the Reds have no leftfielder... no seriously, he's missing.... because all the popflies hit to left keep falling to the ground! :angry:
Did anyone just see Adam Dunn's "adventure in the outfield"? *** was that? :o:

MUsoxfan
04-03-2006, 04:22 PM
He has been awful. He's probably cost the Reds about 6 runs with his glove (or lack there of) today. Looks to me he's the type of player they had in mind when creating the DH rule

palehozenychicty
04-03-2006, 04:25 PM
I just said the same thing in the Opening Day thread. Now that the Reds have the former Twins executive Krivsky as a GM, may the Twins pick him up as a DH? :o: Cause that's all he can do... atrocious play today.

Steelrod
04-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Nats took a tough loss against the Mets. First was that play at the plate where Soriano was called out [replays showed Du Luca dropped the ball]. Then in the 9th, Vidro raps 2-out gapper that Beltran cuts off before the ball can reach the wall. Beltran then throws out Vidro trying to stretch a single into a double.

Glavine wins #276 for his career.
But it was good to hear Wimpy again!

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Pat Burrell just got Philly off the schnide with a home run to left.

Dick Allen
Well, almost everyone else.

Great to have Extra Innings free for a week, and a lot of games are on ESPN. Am flipping around, but trying to focus on everyone's sleeper, Brewers/Pirates. Observations around the league:

-Just flipped through quick, but Schilling looked thinner than last year. Hmm, he sure was mad at Canseco at those hearings...

-Still hold true to my belief of previous years that the NL is weak, just like the NBA Eastern Conf in the Kobe/Shaq time period, except the media recognized the East was week. If the Flubs would be competitive by beating the lowly Pirates/Reds, the media would orgasm. I don't think the Cardinals of the last couple years would dominate as they did if they were in the AL, even though they are good. I also think the Drays, Tigers, and Rangers would compete in the NL, probably be favorites with a few tweaks, and not even make the playoffs with those tweaks in the AL. Anyways, end of rant, just think a lot of mediocrity is confusing a lot of the media to think everyone is competitive

- Flipped around to WGN on a commercial break, what a joke Carlos Zambrano is. It shocks me how in a league the pitcher hits is how he doesn't get knocked out cold or get his hitters beaned. He got out of a bases loaded jam in the 1st where the ball was an inch away from being a slam, and he started jumping and pump fisting around like he was just named the heir of the Earth, even after giving up a run. Any other sport or even player and its poor sportsmanship, and him or his manager has the audacity to yell at Jim Edmonds or how others celebrate. Anyways, this is too much text spent talking about this crappy team, as I've already had enough with the drive home and hearing Murph have them in the Series because they were up on the Reds.

- Later on, I might check out Angels/M's and probably Yankees/A's, with a good pitching matchup and of course Frank. Also some good pitching matchups later on in the NL. Willis vs Oswalt (but the Marlins are a AAA team), Peavy vs Schmidt, and one of my fav pitchers in Tim Hudson against Derek Lowe.Did Murphy say that? That's off the wall, even for him. What a tool.

WhiteSoxFan84
I just said the same thing in the Opening Day thread. Now that the Reds have the former Twins executive Krivsky as a GM, may the Twins pick him up as a DH? :o: Cause that's all he can do... atrocious play today.

Adam Dunn and Eric Milton for Shannon Stewart and Johan Santana. Twins would be dumb to decline this offer...

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Reds fans going ape****: linky (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44478&page=41)

Why is it I always feel like nancy Kerrigan when I watch the Reds WHY!!!!!!!!!!!! 9-5 Cubbies Wheels are off.

Narron needs to get Dunn out of left right now before he costs us another 10 runs. Un-freakin-real.

Is Dunn drinking today? You know, to keep warm?

The Racehorse
But it was good to hear Wimpy again!

You know what? I napped off & on through most of the game and didn't realize it was Wimpy until the 9th. :D:

But your right, it was great to hear Wimpy again!

Jjav829
Rowand is 2-2 as Pujols can't play a tough bounce on Rolen's throw.

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
The nightmare inning ends for the Reds. 7 runs surrendered to the Cubs.:o:

I think its going to be a long season for Cincinnati.

Deebs14
04-03-2006, 04:30 PM
Rowand's now 2-2 today.

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Reds fans going ape****: linky (http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44478&page=41)

Kind of odd that they don't let guests view their game threads. I'd love to see their reactions today but I don't feel like registering.

The Racehorse
Rowand chops one down the the third base line, making Rolen to step back and force a long throw to 1B. Safe as the throw bounce away from Pujols. Scored an in field hit. Aaron is 2 for 2.

palehozenychicty
Adam Dunn and Eric Milton for Shannon Stewart and Johan Santana. Twins would be dumb to decline this offer...

:rolling:

MarySwiss
Sheesh, the Reds suck! I wonder if any of the Cub fans would rather be playing Cleveland?

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Aaron Miles is having quite a day. He's 3 for 3 with a single, double & triple.

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 04:36 PM
Marte on for the Pirates in a 2-1 game. Brewers have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Cirillo at bat. Anyone think he will actually hold the lead?

Baby Fisk
Kind of odd that they don't let guests view their game threads. I'd love to see their reactions today but I don't feel like registering.
Oops, I didn't realize that. I previously registered to chat with Reds fans about the book "Red Legs and Black Sox".

Anyway, lots of dark clouds over the Queen City today, folks...

PAPChiSox729
Sheesh, the Reds suck! I wonder if any of the Cub fans would rather be playing Cleveland?

The Cubs are looking just as pathetic. Williamson just loaded the bases with no outs... that 7-run lead is far from safe.

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Marte on for the Pirates in a 2-1 game. Brewers have runners on 2nd and 3rd with 1 out and Cirillo at bat. Anyone think he will actually hold the lead?

Ha, of course not. Cirillo singles and the Brewers are up 3-2.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:37 PM

I bet right away he goes 2-0 with the pitch count.

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 04:38 PM
Griffey is batting for the Reds with bases loaded and no outs. Scott Eyre pitching.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Albert Pujols just hit one To NEW JERSEY! Tater time.

EDIT: 4 rbi day for Albert [so far]

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 04:39 PM
Griffey JUST missed a grand slam.

itsnotrequired
04-03-2006, 04:40 PM
Ha, of course not. Cirillo singles and the Brewers are up 3-2.

Throws 3 pitches, gives up 2 runs.

:rolling:

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 04:42 PM
Dunn strikes out, then drops his bat trying to smack it. Looked like a total tool. This is more fun than a T-ball game with 5 year olds! :D:

daveeym
04-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Throws 3 pitches, gives up 2 runs.

:rolling: I'm so glad he's gone, he mentally lost it. I cringe when I hear people say they want Juan Cruz, he's just a right handed version of Marte. Cruz, Marte, and Latoya Hawkins all have mental midget syndrome.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 04:44 PM
Rollins chops a 2-1 pitch to Pujols, he's 0-3 today.

1951Campbell
04-03-2006, 04:44 PM

T o be fair, I think the media very openly derided the NL West last year and has pretty much continued to do so.

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Dunn strikes out, then drops his bat trying to smack it. Looked like a total tool. This is more fun than a T-ball game with 5 year olds! :D:

yeah, today is definitely not his day.

Reds load the bases with no outs and manage only 1 run.

Deebs14
Baltimore goes back to back...now leads TB 5-4.

itsnotrequired
I'm so glad he's gone, he mentally lost it. I cringe when I hear people say they want Juan Cruz, he's just a right handed version of Marte. Cruz, Marte, and Latoya Hawkins all have mental midget syndrome.

Remember that game last season where Marte came into relieve, threw 4 pitches, hit 2 batters and then they yanked him? Classic...

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
Remember that game last season where Marte came into relieve, threw 4 pitches, hit 2 batters and then they yanked him? Classic...

That's the game where Ozzie told him, "They're not booing me, they're booing you."

itsnotrequired
04-03-2006, 04:47 PM
That's the game where Ozzie told him, "They're not booing me, they're booing you."

Ha! I forgot about that!

Good times.

daveeym
04-03-2006, 04:53 PM
That's the game where Ozzie told him, "They're not booing me, they're booing you."*Sideshow Bob shudder*

palehozenychicty
04-03-2006, 04:53 PM
Ortiz, as usual, is a monster with three hits and 3 RBIs against Millwood, rangers pitching staff.

Uncle_Patrick
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
I'm still sort of amazed by the disintegration of Damaso Marte. I recall a few years back when Hawk was calling him "Every Day Marte" and he was really on top of his game. Now, he's really turned to mush.

HotelWhiteSox
04-03-2006, 04:57 PM
El Caballo goes yard. Brewers extend their lead to 5-2

itsnotrequired
04-03-2006, 04:58 PM
CLee just turned an 11 pitch at bat into a two run HR. Brewers up, 5-2.

Jjav829
El Caballo just jacked a 2-run shot. 5-2 Brewers.

Uncle_Patrick
Speaking of ex-Sox players, Carlos Lee just hit a 2-run homer. Brew Crew up 5 to 2.

itsnotrequired
04-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Rowand with a walk. 2-2 today with a walk. A damn fine start...

Deebs14
04-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Attaboy El Caballo!

Rowand due up this inning for the Sillies.

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 05:00 PM
Ryan Howard continues to crush the ball, hitting a solo HR. Rowand just walked, his 3rd time on base today.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Phillies trying to rally. Runners on 1st & 3rd, no outs and a pinch hitter at the plate in the 9th spot. Rollins on deck.

Tragg
This looks like a pitiful opening day crowd for the Reds. They should be a great franchise.

Derrick Lee already acting cocky - and dropping a throw.

The Racehorse
Pinch hitter K's, Rollins up.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 05:07 PM
Rollins flies to center, Rowand tags, scores from 3B.

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 05:07 PM
This looks like a pitiful opening day crowd for the Reds. They should be a great franchise.

Folks streamed out of there after the second Reds implosion of the day. There were more people left at the Cell after a 3 hour rain delay than there are in the Reds ballpark right now.

daveeym
04-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Reds have the bases loaded and Gascan Howry is coming in.

Edit: or not I was misinformed.

Tragg
04-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Folks streamed out of there after the second Reds implosion of the day. There were more people left at the Cell after a 3 hour rain delay than there are in the Reds ballpark right now.
Okay, that's better; I just got home.

Jjav829
04-03-2006, 05:13 PM
Brewers win! Nice turn by Weeks and Hardy to end the game.

Also, in the "who gives a ****?" game of the day, the Tigers are beating the Royals 1-0 on a Chris Shelton HR.

Deebs14
04-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Brewers win! Nice turn by Weeks and Hardy to end the game.

Also, in the "who gives a ****?" game of the day, the Tigers are beating the Royals 1-0 on a Chris Shelton HR.

HA, Shelton is a solid ballplayer though.

DeadMoney
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
If anyone else is watching the Red Sox and Rangers, does anyone else think Foulke looks terrible?

MarySwiss
04-03-2006, 05:23 PM
Reds have the bases loaded and Gascan Howry is coming in.

Edit: or not I was misinformed.

Yeah...and too bad, too. I was hoping for the best. Or would that be the worst?

HotelWhiteSox
04-03-2006, 05:24 PM
Vlad wasting no time, 2 run HR in the top of the first, 2-0 Angels

gbergman
04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Come on Jimmy keep that streak alive

daveeym
04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah...and too bad, too. I was hoping for the best. Or would that be the worst? I think it's a conundrum wrapped in a paradox.

Tragg
04-03-2006, 05:28 PM
Kasper is getting as bad as Milo Hamilton. What a great play - on a ball hit 1/2 a step to his right.

Eegads, Ric White is on the Reds. Man they don't care about pitching.

RogueWarrior27
04-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Andruw Jones just murdered a Derek Lowe pitch for a 3 run bomb.

8-1 Braves

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 05:31 PM
The Cardinals finally get Rowand out on a 2-2 foul tip for stike 3.

gbergman
04-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but Pujols already has 2 hrs. Does anyone else besides me think if anyones to break barry bonds home run record it will be him

Tragg
04-03-2006, 05:35 PM
Not sure if anyone mentioned this but Pujols already has 2 hrs. Does anyone else besides me think if anyones to break barry bonds home run record it will be him
I hope he does; but it will be a long time before he breaks Jim Thome's single season NL record of most homers by a DH.

Deebs14
04-03-2006, 05:35 PM

If he can stay healthy, I think he's gonna put up some scary numbers. I think him along with AROD have a shot.

gbergman
04-03-2006, 05:37 PM
I hope he does; but it will be a long time before he breaks Jim Thome's single season NL record of most homers by a DH.

theres a dh in the nl? were have i been do you mean 1B:tongue:

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM

If you mean chasing down Ruth, Bonds & Aaron, yes, it'd be him and ARod. Single season mark-wise, I don't think anyone will get close to 73 for a long time.

BTW, has that second home run Pujols hit landed yet?

JimEdmonds15
04-03-2006, 05:40 PM
St. Louis Inning Summary
- A. Pujols walked
- J. Edmonds flied out to left
- S. Rolen flied out to center
- S. Spiezio hit for J. Hancock
- S. Spiezio flied out to right
- End of Inning (0 Runs, 0 Hits, 0 Errors)

13-5, Bottom 8th.. Rollins will be up with his streak on the line against Adam Wainwright..

gbergman
04-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Rollins Rollins Rollins

MUsoxfan
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
If you mean chasing down Ruth, Bonds & Aaron, yes, it'd be him and ARod. Single season mark-wise, I don't think anyone will get close to 73 for a long time.

I think guys like Ortiz and Pujols have a chance.

Tragg
04-03-2006, 05:42 PM
theres a dh in the nl? were have i been do you mean 1B:tongue:
NL teams have a DH....when they play in AL parks!
And Thome is the single season leader....with 4 homers for a NL team as a DH.
Good trivia question after a few beers.

gbergman
04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
NL teams have a DH....when they play in AL parks!
And Thome is the single season leader....with 4 homers for a NL team as a DH.
Good trivia question after a few beers.
well, you sure have made me :redface: . Damn you interleague way to make me forget.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 05:44 PM
YES! Rollins smokes a 3-0 pitch for a double!

EDIT: 37 game hit streak for Jimmy Rollins. :cool:

HotelWhiteSox
04-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Rollins extends it, 3-0 pitch hit for a double

gbergman
04-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Jimmy Jimmy woo

Deebs14
04-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Nice!! :D:

PAPChiSox729
04-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Congrats Rollins!!

:supernana:

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 05:55 PM
Aaron Miles has had quite a debut; 4-5 with 3 extra base hits.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 06:23 PM
I was just about to post that Bartolo Colon was dealing on the Mariners when all the sudden he gives up a solo home run and a ground rule double to Jeremy Reed.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Mariners have tied it up against Colon by scoring three this inning. Suzuki on 3B with Ibanez at the plate.

EDIT: Colon gets Sexson to fly out to CF. Tie ball game, going to top of the 6th.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Now it's Jaime Moyer to find his groove by pitching around a single by Vlad, who was erased by a double play.

Mariners up to bat with Beltre, Carl on deck with Johjima in the hole.

EDIT: My MLB.TV is suddenly going whacko because while having the LAA/SEA game, it's showing the Astos opening day festivities. :?:

2nd EDIT: Carl singled. :bandance:

lumpyspun
04-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Now it's Jaime Moyer to find his groove by pitching around a single by Vlad, who was erased by a double play.

Mariners up to bat with Beltre, Carl on deck with Johjima in the hole.

EDIT: My MLB.TV is suddenly going whacko because while having the LAA/SEA game, it's showing the Astos opening day festivities. :?:

2nd EDIT: Carl singled. :bandance:

Yea, mine too...mlb.tv is really struggling here on opening day.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Yea, mine too...mlb.tv is really struggling here on opening day.

When I had the Cards/Philly game on, my MLB.TV was running great. After switching to the Angels/Mariners game, it became choppy. I'm going to switch over to the Giants/Padres game which will be starting in about 10 minutes.

Fenway
04-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Red Sox report

Schilling looked fine, Foulke was terrible and Ortiz was Ortiz

and Fenway is going to LOVE Coco, he made 2 great plays in CF ( Johnny who? )

Must have been 10,000 Boston fans in Arlington

RKMeibalane
04-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Ryan Howard is already starting his home run rampage. I can't wait to see what he does over the course of a full season.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 07:22 PM
First out recorded by the SF Giants was a fly out to Barry Bonds in LF. There were audible boos when he made the play.

BTW, the Giants went down in order in the top of the 1st, so Bonds will be leading off the 2nd inning.

The Racehorse
04-03-2006, 07:25 PM
First pitch, Barry Bonds hits a ground rule double.

RKMeibalane
04-03-2006, 08:21 PM
First pitch, Barry Bonds hits a ground rule double.

What did he inject himself with prior to the at-bat? :cool:

Fenway
04-03-2006, 08:33 PM
This didn't take long

Nomar Garciaparra's debut with the Dodgers was put off because the converted first baseman injured a muscle in his right side during his first at-bat in Sunday's exhibition finale against the Los Angeles Angels. ... Heavy rain was expected Monday night and Tuesday, and that could cause a problem since this three-game series is the Braves' only visit to Dodger Stadium this season. ... Little said Garciaparra might be placed on the disabled list.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/baseball/mlb/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers4apr04,0,3132290.story?coll=la-home-headlines

FedEx227
04-03-2006, 08:35 PM
Its pretty funny when you see the league-wide DL lists... its the usual suspects up and down, it makes you suspect why people will swear to death that these guys are healthy and "Have turned the corner"...etc.

RKMeibalane
04-03-2006, 09:52 PM
The Other Guy was hitless for the Tigers in their victory over the Royals. I found that amusing.

buehrle4cy05
04-03-2006, 09:55 PM
What's this I hear about syringes being thrown on to the field after the Giants-Padres game? I have the Florida-UCLA game on. If that's true, it's classic, something I never would have expected out of Padres fans.

HotelWhiteSox
04-03-2006, 09:58 PM
They just showed the syringe that someone through at Bonds. Bwhahahahaha, and ESPN going on and on about how the Padres fan was iditoic and that there's no need for this. Also no need for adultery, evading taxes, racism, being an ******* to teammates, and taking illegal drugs/helping to ruin the integrity of the game

RKMeibalane
04-03-2006, 10:21 PM
The A's are coming to bat in the bottom of the first.

WSox8404
04-03-2006, 10:23 PM
On a side note, and I dit not read the whole thread so I don't know if this is posted yet, but ARow went 2 for 3 and and the 'Truth' went 1 for 4.

RKMeibalane
04-03-2006, 10:29 PM
On a side note, and I dit not read the whole thread so I don't know if this is posted yet, but ARow went 2 for 3 and and the 'Truth' went 1 for 4.

I haven't seen highlights, yet, but apparently Rowand looked really good at the plate today. I think he'll have a big season in that park, which is made for right-handed hitters.

PAPChiSox729
04-03-2006, 10:37 PM
What's this I hear about syringes being thrown on to the field after the Giants-Padres game? I have the Florida-UCLA game on. If that's true, it's classic, something I never would have expected out of Padres fans.

I'm really not a big fan of it. I mean we always complain about batteries, cell phones, and even homerun balls being thrown back on the field. I don't see why we should make an exception for a syringe even though it was targeted at the most hated player in baseball. Yell, make signs, whatever. I just don't see the need to throw something onto the field like that.

PAPChiSox729
04-03-2006, 10:39 PM
The A's are coming to bat in the bottom of the first.

Frank is left standing on deck. He will lead off the second.

PAPChiSox729
04-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Zito is really falling apart. The Yanks are up 2-0 and they have the bases loaded with no outs and Jeter up to bat. He is falling behind nearly every hitter.

samram
04-03-2006, 10:49 PM
Grand slam for ARod. Zito's had nothing tonight.

PAPChiSox729
04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Grand slam for ARod. Zito's had nothing tonight.

That ball was long, long gone. Zito had no control whatsoever. Btw, did they say that was the 12th career GS for A-Rod?

MrRoboto83
04-03-2006, 10:56 PM
Frank Coming to Bat!!

MrRoboto83
04-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Home Run Frank!!!!

RKMeibalane
04-03-2006, 11:00 PM
Frank Thomas!

whitesoxfan
04-03-2006, 11:01 PM
Big Frank leaves the yard!!!

Chisox003
Congrats Big Man!

:gulp:

That physically hurt me to watch....:(:

NDSox12
Home Run Frank!!!!

Wow... that is a strong man!

PAPChiSox729
04-03-2006, 11:03 PM
Congrats Big Man!

:gulp:

That physically hurt me to watch....:(:

Yeah, that A's uniform looks horrible on him. Man, I really hope he stays healthy and has a monster year. I am going to miss him.

samram
04-03-2006, 11:11 PM
That ball was long, long gone. Zito had no control whatsoever. Btw, did they say that was the 12th career GS for A-Rod?

12th GS and his 430th career homer- and he's only 30. This is the guy who will put the legitimate run on Aaron's record- and he's going to be close by the age of 36 or 37.

RKMeibalane
04-03-2006, 11:29 PM
The FOBB have to be going out of their minds right now.

JB98
04-03-2006, 11:46 PM
The FOBB have to be going out of their minds right now.

I know it makes me a bad person, but I'm rooting for the Yankees. The only time I root for the A's is when they are playing Cleveland or Minnesota. I hate the FOBB.

This is a very high-scoring opening day: 16-7, 11-10, 9-6, 13-5 and now an 11-1 game in the fifth inning. Bad outings for a lot of starting pitchers.

SoxSpeed22
04-03-2006, 11:51 PM
Aw ****! Bobby Crosby left the game after getting plunked.:mad:

SoxSpeed22
04-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Let's see how this plunking contest turns out...

FielderJones
04-04-2006, 12:12 AM

For Hank Sauer it was bags of chewing tobacco ... :cool:

JimEdmonds15
04-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Rooney and Shannon call Pujols Homers (mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2006/open/tp/archive04/040306_slnphi_pujols_2hrs_tp_350.wmv)

Rooney calls Scott Rolen Grand Slam (mms://a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2006/open/tp/archive04/040306_slnphi_rolen_gs_tp_350.wmv?media_type=wms&av_type=video&event_pk=482526&product=mlb_tp)

Rooney off to enjoyable start w/Cards (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/cardinals/story/685EAED985116AC486257142002C1608?OpenDocument) - April 1st article

So refreshing and enjoying.. I'm glad we have him!

Baby Fisk
04-04-2006, 12:50 PM
I know it makes me a bad person, but I'm rooting for the Yankees. The only time I root for the A's is when they are playing Cleveland or Minnesota. I hate the FOBB.

Same here. Despite the fact that it was the loathsome Skankees going to town on Zito, Saarloos, et al, it was great to watch the A's go down in flames (barring the Big Hurt HR). Neutral announcers prolly helped too. If it was the Yankee YES men doing commentary, I might have been more conflicted with my hate.

Fenway
04-04-2006, 12:53 PM
If it was the Yankee YES men doing commentary, I might have been more conflicted with my hate.

The YES announcers were glowing in their praise for the 2006 World Champions.

palehozenychicty
04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
The YES announcers were glowing in their praise for the 2006 World Champions.

Sterling and Dame Edna planned to make out with A-Fraud after the game, they gushed so..........(no teal necessary)

HomeFish
04-04-2006, 10:27 PM
BJ Ryan recorded his 43rd career save against Minnesota.

HotelWhiteSox
04-04-2006, 11:54 PM
To me, even weirder than seeing Frank in the A's uni is just having other team's fans cheer for him, he was ours :( Time to move on though, can't wait/hope he is in the lineup for the Monday game when he comes back