PDA

View Full Version : My videos from opening ceremonies

SOecks
04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
I just finished uploading my videos from yesterday's game. The zip file contains the 3 opening montage videos and the national anthem including the flyover at the end. Our seats were in section 105 so the sound and video quality turned out great. I'll probably upload these to youtube as well but for any of you who want the original files, here they are. The file is almost 500 MB so could take awhile to download. Hope you all like them and thanks to my brother who took all of this video while I took pictures. Here's the download link.

http://s48.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=37A76EPHG5ZU12AUBCZF5XO5LH

lizard6king6
04-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Downloading now, thanks for posting it!

SOecks
04-03-2006, 02:13 PM
No problem. I'm trying to upload the videos to youtube but they have a 100MB limit so can only upload the We Are the Champions intro and the National Anthem with Flyover because the other 2 are 200 MB. Does anyone know how to shrink or resample videos to make them smaller?

WhiteSoxFan5644
04-03-2006, 02:25 PM
Doesnt Work

SOecks
04-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Strange, I just got the "blocked" message now. Maybe it's because someone else is downloading it now. I hope I don't need to upload it again because it takes forever.

lizard6king6
04-03-2006, 02:39 PM
I downloaded it and it worked fine. I had to extract it win WINRAR but it was fine. Very god video by the way. Besides the occasional glimpse of the back of someones head and a persons hand with a camera, it was great. Best Ive seen so far and glad it was a good time. Thanks again!!

WizardsofOzzie
04-03-2006, 02:41 PM
I just finished uploading my videos from yesterday's game. The zip file contains the 3 opening montage videos and the national anthem including the flyover at the end. Our seats were in section 105 so the sound and video quality turned out great. I'll probably upload these to youtube as well but for any of you who want the original files, here they are. The file is almost 500 MB so could take awhile to download. Hope you all like them and thanks to my brother who took all of this video while I took pictures. Here's the download link.

Not working :(

Realist
04-03-2006, 02:47 PM
They worked fine for me. I had to extract them from zipped files.

Thanks for posting your video. It felt like I was at the park watching it again.

SOecks
04-03-2006, 03:01 PM
Thanks, glad you liked them. Maybe we can get someone from around here to host these videos so we don't have to use yousendit. Obviously there are bandwidth limitations with some of the people not being able to download them. Keep trying though I'm sure it will work.

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2006, 03:24 PM
Worked fine for me, and they are awesome videos! I really like when, during the 3rd montage, towards the beginning, you can hear someone talking on a cell phone saying something like "hey, yeah, we're in section 105. So that's like home run alley for Thome." Sure enough, he was right.

MarySwiss
04-03-2006, 03:26 PM
Got a "server too busy" error message. Golly gee, does that mean there are actual White Sox fans?

Goose
04-03-2006, 03:29 PM

SOecks...thanks for posting, but I am getting the following error when following your link...

File Transfer: Unavailable
Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.

The file has most likely exceeded its allotted bandwidth or has been removed by the original sender or a recipient.

Any ideas?

wdelaney72
04-03-2006, 03:59 PM
My problems seem to be the result of the corporate firewall. I'll try from home later.

dakuda
04-03-2006, 04:27 PM
Bandwidth exceeded. :(

Oh well, I will see the videos at the park tomorrow anyway....

WizardsofOzzie
04-03-2006, 04:31 PM
Thanks, glad you liked them. Maybe we can get someone from around here to host these videos so we don't have to use yousendit. Obviously there are bandwidth limitations with some of the people not being able to download them. Keep trying though I'm sure it will work.

SOecks, if you can send the videos to me somehow i could host them from my university account. Im pretty sure it would able to withstand the high traffic.

Revolution29
04-03-2006, 04:35 PM
can anyone here set up a torrent of this?

it would download faster and wouldn't be reliant on one person's bandwith

cbotnyse
04-03-2006, 05:09 PM
yeah a torrent would be great...although I do not know how to convert it.....but original link is still not working :(: ....I really would like to see it.....

SOecks
04-03-2006, 05:16 PM
SOecks, if you can send the videos to me somehow i could host them from my university account. Im pretty sure it would able to withstand the high traffic.

Thanks, but the only way I know how to transfer large files like this is yousendit. The link will be active for 7 days so maybe you could download it from there and host it.

SOecks
04-03-2006, 05:17 PM
can anyone here set up a torrent of this?

it would download faster and wouldn't be reliant on one person's bandwith

I've never created a torrent but will try it now. I'll be back shortly with an update. Then maybe some of you guys can try to search for it so we can get more people seeding it.

SOecks
04-03-2006, 05:41 PM
Okay, I just created the torrent and it should be available for download now. Please start downloading so we can get some seeders. The name of the torrent is "White Sox-2006 Opening Day Videos".

Erik The Red
04-03-2006, 05:45 PM
Okay, I just created the torrent and it should be available for download now. Please start downloading so we can get some seeders. The name of the torrent is "White Sox-2006 Opening Day Videos".
Link?

SOecks
04-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Sorry, new to this. I just uploaded the torrent to www.torrentspy.com. I uncapped my upload bandwidth until we can get more seeders so hopefully we can get this going. Would be cool if we could do this all year to share pics and videos of the White Sox.

To those of you who are new to this, download a program called BitComet. This is the program that will download torrent files. When you go to a torrent site like torrentspy and click on a torrent you want, BitComet will then open up and start downloading your file.

Erik The Red
04-03-2006, 06:19 PM
Actually, µTorrent (http://www.utorrent.com) is far superior to BitComet.

I just connected, but it's not downloading yet...

WizardsofOzzie
04-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Sorry, new to this. I just uploaded the torrent to www.torrentspy.com (http://www.torrentspy.com). I uncapped my upload bandwidth until we can get more seeders so hopefully we can get this going. Would be cool if we could do this all year to share pics and videos of the White Sox.

To those of you who are new to this, download a program called BitComet. This is the program that will download torrent files. When you go to a torrent site like torrentspy and click on a torrent you want, BitComet will then open up and start downloading your file.

Anyone get this to work? for some reason its still not working for me

IlliniSox4Life
04-03-2006, 06:20 PM
Actually Azureus is superior to either of those.

SOecks
04-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm getting an error now. Did I not do something right? Here's the error...
Error: Can not resolve host address. in Tracker: udp://tracker.bitcomet.net:8080/announce

I used to use Azureus but got errors constantly and always poor health on the transfers. When I found Bitcomet everything worked perfectly. I also like the integrated browsers and how it has all the torrent sites in the program for easy access.

Erik The Red
04-03-2006, 06:26 PM
Actually Azureus is superior to either of those.
Azureus = ass. Crappy java-based resource hog.

WizardsofOzzie
04-03-2006, 06:32 PM
I'm getting an error now. Did I not do something right? Here's the error...
Error: Can not resolve host address. in Tracker: udp://tracker.bitcomet.net:8080/announce

I used to use Azureus but got errors constantly and always poor health on the transfers. When I found Bitcomet everything worked perfectly. I also like the integrated browsers and how it has all the torrent sites in the program for easy access.

I got the same thing....The transfer health is pretty low, maybe thats it?

SectionBNole
04-03-2006, 06:40 PM
Where exactly is the file? I already have Bit Comet

SOecks
04-03-2006, 06:44 PM
I used BitComet to create the torrent for the zip file. I then went to torrentspy and uploaded the torrent file. Am I missing something here? Health should be low I figure because I'm the only one seeding right now.

SectionBNole
04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
I dont understand what Im supposed to be looking for on torrentspy.com. Am I supposed to be searching for it or what?

SectionBNole
04-03-2006, 06:47 PM
Nvm, found it.

How long will it take before its starts to transfer data?

SOecks
04-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Not sure. It's been saying "connecting" for a little bit now but doesn't seem to start transferring for some reason. Looks like 2 people are trying to connect now though. I must be missing something.

mrs. hendu
04-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Could somebody please upload the clip to www.megaupload.com (http://www.megaupload.com) or www.sendspace.com (http://www.sendspace.com)? YouSendIt and Rapidshare usually don't last long.

SectionBNole
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Its downloading now. Slowly but surely

BeefyD
04-03-2006, 10:32 PM
Just remember with this torrent thing, please don't close it out as soon as you get it all. Keep the torrent open to help others.

Skates
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I am getting invalid url error at this point in time, anyone else getting the same?

SoxFan33
04-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Hey everyone who uses torrents, here is the page

http://ts.searching.com/torrent/644422/White_Sox_2006_Opening_Day_Videos

We need seeders, there is none at the moment! ahhh! It might take forever to get this file lol

Skates
04-04-2006, 01:20 PM
Well we need an initial seeder for the rest of us to connect to so that we can help seed...

PaleHosed
04-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Well we need an initial seeder for the rest of us to connect to so that we can help seed...

If I can actually get it downloaded, as there don't appear to be any seeders right now, I will seed it for a few days. Now just give me some seeders so I can get it!

Skates
04-04-2006, 02:03 PM
I will too, I'm on a fat university connection... :)

Tempe
04-04-2006, 04:23 PM
I will be happy to seed this bad boy for as long as necassary. Someone PLEASE seed this bad boy!!! If you do not know how to then send me the file and I can seed it. Sending it via instant messenger would be the best way to send it to me. My AIM name is Tempev1

Thanks!!!

Tempe