PDA

View Full Version : Who Else Hate Bernstein?

Chip Z'nuff
04-03-2006, 12:35 PM
Did anyone else try listening to the pregame on 670? I wrecked my radio when I vomitted all over it while trying to comprehend Bernstein's idiotic comments.
One game and I already miss AM1000

hawkjt
04-03-2006, 12:42 PM
is going to take some getting used to Ronge as pre and post host also. Just when I was getting used to Dolgin now a new guy.

And bernstein? Cannot stand him. His superiority complex is grating. Psychoanalyzing how the sox fan is supposed to feel now was overdone.

He was doom and gloom all last season. Now the score has the games and he is totally on board?

yea, right.

singleton and farmer are a work in progress, obviously.

Flipped it on and immediately heard this exchange;

Farmio:'' So , has Mike North invited you on his show?''
CS: '' Nope''

Dead silence for about 10 seconds.

I think North has ripped CS when North wanted the job, right?

The whole thing is kind of icky right now.

CHISOXFAN13
04-03-2006, 12:42 PM
Did anyone else try listening to the pregame on 670? I wrecked my radio when I vomitted all over it while trying to comprehend Bernstein's idiotic comments.
One game and I already miss AM1000

I thought the coverage on the Score, particularly the rain delay, was fantastic.

Thome's Homey
04-03-2006, 12:49 PM
Bernstein...Yuck. He's always such an ass to everyone.

SOXPHILE
04-03-2006, 12:50 PM
I didn't hear him yesterday, but I would say, in the past year or so, that I dislike him more and more. I used to, and still occasionally do, like him & Boers. I thought they were funny, and put on a good sports talk show that didn't take itself too seriously. Now, I just see him for what he is: a spoiled north shore, pseudo-intellectual priss. It seems all he ever does is whine, complain, and act self righteous about any given topic. He's not even 1/10th as smart as he thinks he is, yet, by using big words and making obscure references to something while he cuts off callers and makes fun of them, he thinks he comes across as the most enlightened man in the world. He's a pampered little boy who will talk a bunch of trash about somebody, but when they are in the studio, or have them on the phone for an interview, he does a complete about-face. Then, when they're gone, he goes back to trashing them. He's rubbed alot of people the wrong way, going back to when he grew up on the mean streets of Deerfield, and his dad was submitting the highest bid to get lil' Danny into the booth with Harry Caray at a Sox game, and through his days as a gopher boy for some V.P. in the CBA. (That's what makes him a "basketball expert"). Careful, don't disagree with him. If you do, you are a "bucktoothed, inbred, cracker". (That description also goes for anyone who did not grow up near a big city, and is therefore not as cosmopolitan as Mr. Bernstein.)

Hawkeroo1980
04-03-2006, 12:58 PM
If you like pointless dribble and grab-assing.....then that show is perfect.

he's a Dukie smartass and his partner is half-retarded.

TommyJohn
04-03-2006, 01:01 PM
is going to take some getting used to Ronge as pre and post host also. Just when I was getting used to Dolgin now a new guy.

And bernstein? Cannot stand him. His superiority complex is grating. Psychoanalyzing how the sox fan is supposed to feel now was overdone.

He was doom and gloom all last season. Now the score has the games and he is totally on board?

yea, right.

singleton and farmer are a work in progress, obviously.

Flipped it on and immediately heard this exchange;

Farmio:'' So , has Mike North invited you on his show?''
CS: '' Nope''

Dead silence for about 10 seconds.

I think North has ripped CS when North wanted the job, right?

The whole thing is kind of icky right now.

Don't get me started on North, please. Mindless, bigoted piece of

0o0o0
04-03-2006, 01:01 PM
I think Bernstein is awesome. B and B are hilarious. Besides Sox games, its the only reason to listen to the Score.

pudge
04-03-2006, 01:04 PM
I didn't hear him yesterday, but I would say, in the past year or so, that I dislike him more and more. I used to, and still occasionally do, like him & Boers. I thought they were funny, and put on a good sports talk show that didn't take itself too seriously. Now, I just see him for what he is: a spoiled north shore, pseudo-intellectual priss. It seems all he ever does is whine, complain, and act self righteous about any given topic. He's not even 1/10th as smart as he thinks he is, yet, by using big words and making obscure references to something while he cuts off callers and makes fun of them, he thinks he comes across as the most enlightened man in the world. He's a pampered little boy who will talk a bunch of trash about somebody, but when they are in the studio, or have them on the phone for an interview, he does a complete about-face. Then, when they're gone, he goes back to trashing them. He's rubbed alot of people the wrong way, going back to when he grew up on the mean streets of Deerfield, and his dad was submitting the highest bid to get lil' Danny into the booth with Harry Caray at a Sox game, and through his days as a gopher boy for some V.P. in the CBA. (That's what makes him a "basketball expert"). Careful, don't disagree with him. If you do, you are a "bucktoothed, inbred, cracker". (That description also goes for anyone who did not grow up near a big city, and is therefore not as cosmopolitan as Mr. Bernstein.)

Awesome.

Scottiehaswheels
04-03-2006, 01:05 PM
If you like pointless dribble and grab-assing.....then that show is perfect.

he's a Dukie smartass and his partner is half-retarded.Come on, Tell us what you really think!

NardiWasHere
04-03-2006, 01:06 PM
He's terrific... His comments are usually smart, satirical, and insightful...

I guess I can see how someone can dislike his sense of humor or think Boers is sort of a jerk... But I love Bernsy

ChiSoxRowand
04-03-2006, 01:57 PM
I think Bernstein is awesome. B and B are hilarious. Besides Sox games, its the only reason to listen to the Score.

That is by far the best show on the score. I love his voice impersonations.

Vernam
04-03-2006, 08:49 PM
If Bernstein were half as funny as he thinks he is, he'd be a radio genius for the ages. Still, I found his solo act yesterday less objectionable than the self-congratulatory mess of B&B.

It's too bad Sox fans don't have anyone on the air who's as articulate as, say, Kass at explaining what makes our franchise special. I give Bernstein points for trying, but he and North are poor advertisements for our kind. During the post-season, Corey McPherrin was at times eloquent in talking about having grown up a Sox fan, but he's such a damn goofball most of the time. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just as well that we've mostly avoided the navel-gazing that Red Sox fans indulged in after 2004. Only Jean Shepherd could have done justice to the past six months.

Vernam

WSox8404
04-03-2006, 09:32 PM
Well they make me laugh. Just as much as Mac, Jurko, and Harry. I go back and forth when they are on.

SOXSINCE'70
04-03-2006, 10:12 PM
Shouldn't this thread be titled "Who Else HATES Bernstein"??:dunno:

peeonwrigley
04-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I enjoy either half of B&B when they're on alone or with another host. However, its just like when you have two friends that you like separately but loathe when they're together. They're so far up each other's asses and so scared to have anything but the most trivial disagreement it makes listening to the show an exercise in frustration.

God bless the idiots that call in, knowing they'll either have to kiss ass or get teed off upon.

OG4LIFE
04-03-2006, 10:58 PM

I agree. It is nice to listen to someone on the air who comes up with intelligent arguments and thoughts rather than the 99% of complete dopes on sports radio.

HotelWhiteSox
04-03-2006, 11:06 PM
Didn't hear Bernstein's special, but I like Rongey

champagne030
04-03-2006, 11:30 PM
I agree. It is nice to listen to someone on the air who comes up with intelligent arguments and thoughts rather than the 99% of complete dopes on sports radio.

He doesn't get into intelligent arguments. You're either with him or he says you're a tool, cuts you off, and then goes off on some tangent and shows how little he actually knows about anything outside of Duke. Yeah, he went to the same school with Grant Hill......does he tell me anything other than back in the day he held the spare jock bag of coach K?????

D. TODD
04-03-2006, 11:33 PM
Chalk me up as another that finds him terrible and a moron!!!!!!!!!

Vernam
04-03-2006, 11:41 PM
Shouldn't this thread be titled "Who Else HATES Bernstein"??:dunno: But I liked the symmetry with that "Who hates Joe Mogan (sic)" thread. :redneck

Vernam

Half Cocked Jack
04-04-2006, 12:19 AM
Bernstein is a moron.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-04-2006, 01:13 AM
...You're either with him or he says you're a tool, cuts you off, and then goes off on some tangent...
This is why I can't understand people who bother to call in. Unless you agree 100% with what these idiots are saying, you get ridiculed. Often the callers can't even get a word in edgewise, as B & B want to make absolutely certain each person realizes what a moron he is for daring to disagree. Sanctimonious, arrogant pricks, both of them.

BainesHOF
04-04-2006, 01:33 AM

Bingo.

It's embarrassing what passes as good sports radio in this town.

SOXSINCE'70
04-04-2006, 05:45 AM
But I liked the symmetry with that "Who hates Joe Mogan (sic)" thread. :redneck

Vernam

Well,I HATE LISTENING to Joe Mogan(sic).That has to count for something.:redneck

Dancin' Homer
04-04-2006, 07:11 AM
I have disagreed with B&B and emerged unscathed. You just have to have facts to back you up you can't just call with stupid theories. As far as the Duke and Coach K stuff, Bernstein has said on the air that Coach K is not a good guy and that he doesn't care about Duke teams because he doesn't go there anymore. Personally, I would rather listen to people who think about what they say than just bloviate for hours. MJH is the sports radio version of Rush Limbaugh. (that's fine if you like it but it isn't for me)

Dan H
04-04-2006, 07:52 AM
Bernstein is a moron.

He is, but there were times when I actually liked him and Boors. There are times when they give it to people who have it coming to them.

However, I haven't listened to the Score in at least six months. I just don't anyone on there will keep my interest, B&B included. There is no good sports radio, in this town or anywhere else.

NardiWasHere
04-04-2006, 10:47 AM
He doesn't get into intelligent arguments. You're either with him or he says you're a tool, cuts you off, and then goes off on some tangent and shows how little he actually knows about anything outside of Duke. Yeah, he went to the same school with Grant Hill......does he tell me anything other than back in the day he held the spare jock bag of coach K?????

He probably would cut you off if you tried to make a point with the same misinformation you wrote here. What does Duke have anything to do with his radio show? He rarely brings it up, and when he does, he is completely impartial. You say he goes off on tangents and you needlessly drop Grant Hill and Coach K's name in a tangent of your own.

I think people on this board sometimes automatically dislike any member of the sports media who isn't a Sox cheerleader. And thats a shame cause he is a terrific broadcaster...

jdm2662
04-04-2006, 11:04 AM
He probably would cut you off if you tried to make a point with the same misinformation you wrote here. What does Duke have anything to do with his radio show? He rarely brings it up, and when he does, he is completely impartial. You say he goes off on tangents and you needlessly drop Grant Hill and Coach K's name in a tangent of your own.

I think people on this board sometimes automatically dislike any member of the sports media who isn't a Sox cheerleader. And thats a shame cause he is a terrific broadcaster...

That would be an accurate statement, except both the dope Boars and Les have said on the air Danny boy is a Sox fan. People don't like him because he's an arrogant, stuck-up know-it-all who acts like he's better than you. I can't stand those people MUCH more than anyone else in the world. Les is my favorite radio guy of all time, and he's the most unapologtic (sp?) Cub fan I've ever heard. You don't need to be a fan of teams I like to have a good show. Boars is a dope and knows nothing about sports, and I already described Danny boy. Both are Sox fans, and since both of them put on a crappy show, I don't listen.

Chip Z'nuff
04-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Shouldn't this thread be titled "Who Else HATES Bernstein"??:dunno:

Dan? Is that you buddy? Don't you have a show to get ready for?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-04-2006, 11:30 AM

He pretty much made an ass of himself yesterday afternoon. Boors was actually the voice of reason, if that tells you anything.
:o:

It's just sports blab radio. It's meant to get a rise out of you and Bernsy does it well. But this doesn't excuse it's fundamental ignorance.

I turned it off. Next I questioned my own intelligence for ever having turned it on in the first place. Waste of my time...
:wink:

Listening to sports blab radio turns your head to mush... mush enough to agree with Bernsy? That's sad...

russ99
04-04-2006, 12:16 PM
I put on the Score to listen to the ring ceremony at work and Mike Murphy's on the air, live outside of Comiskey, spouting on about the Cubs. :mad:

Quote: "I wish the Cubs had Guillen as their manager..." :angry:

Why?!?!? This kind of Cubbie-centric crap never happened on WMVP during Sox pregame coverage. This totally sucks.

JorgeFabregas
04-04-2006, 03:28 PM
I like 'em plenty.

Uncle_Patrick
04-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I put on the Score to listen to the ring ceremony at work and Mike Murphy's on the air, live outside of Comiskey, spouting on about the Cubs. :mad:

Quote: "I wish the Cubs had Guillen as their manager..." :angry:

Why?!?!? This kind of Cubbie-centric crap never happened on WMVP during Sox pregame coverage. This totally sucks.

What do you expect from Mike Murphy?

tick53
04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
I used to like Bernstein but for the last few years both he and Boars have become
a couple pains in the ass. They giggle at every stupid remark that some cel-
ebrity passes and when they get a caller in, they act like the caller is a moron and treats them like one.

As far as I'm concerned the whole on air roster blows. North is a pud, Hubner's a tool. Anne Maxfield got there by nepotism. We all agree on Murph
being too Cubbish. The only thing that saves it is Sox games and WS Weekly.

chisoxlove
04-04-2006, 10:45 PM
I've listened to boers and bernsie for a few years now, and I still feel that their approach to sports is unique and very entertaining. Second hand news, who you crappin?, and Fun Fridays are just a few of the segments that are hilarious week -in and week-out.

With regards to Bernsie treating callers like morons...I agree. When a caller is a moron (or says a moronic thing), the caller is ALWAYS CALLED OUT. Bernsie doesn't attack people with reasonable (but different) views; he makes them justify their position. Just as he does with his interviews, he asks probing questions to reveal the reasons for your point, and your idiocy if you have no reasons.

Give a listen to many of the other radio shows in town, and notice how easy they are on idiots. People can run their mouths during other shows and not be made to substantiate what they are saying. On B&B, this doesn't happen very often.

B&B, along with MJ&H, are easily the two best shows in Chicago. Maybe it's because Bernsie and Mac are quite similar in their command over their vocabulary and their reasonable judgement when it comes to sports???

FoulTerritory
04-04-2006, 10:52 PM

I guess I can see how someone can dislike his sense of humor or think Boers is sort of a jerk... But I love Bernsy

I think Bernstein is often irritating when with Boers, especially when he shows his cultural arrogance (ignorance) with the "bucktoothed hillbilly" stuff, regarding non-city folk.

However, I think Boers is the primary problem. When Boers was on vacation earlier this year, Bernstein was, I thought, a very enjoyable listen. Sometimes I think he can't help getting sucked into Boers' "if you disagree with me you're a stupid idiot" mantra -- which is about as unintellecutal as you can get.

Juice16
04-05-2006, 08:19 AM
I've listened to boers and bernsie for a few years now, and I still feel that their approach to sports is unique and very entertaining. Second hand news, who you crappin?, and Fun Fridays are just a few of the segments that are hilarious week -in and week-out.

With regards to Bernsie treating callers like morons...I agree. When a caller is a moron (or says a moronic thing), the caller is ALWAYS CALLED OUT. Bernsie doesn't attack people with reasonable (but different) views; he makes them justify their position. Just as he does with his interviews, he asks probing questions to reveal the reasons for your point, and your idiocy if you have no reasons.

Give a listen to many of the other radio shows in town, and notice how easy they are on idiots. People can run their mouths during other shows and not be made to substantiate what they are saying. On B&B, this doesn't happen very often.

B&B, along with MJ&H, are easily the two best shows in Chicago. Maybe it's because Bernsie and Mac are quite similar in their command over their vocabulary and their reasonable judgement when it comes to sports???

I disagree with your statement that Bernsie calls out only the moron callers. Him and Boers moronize any who disagrees with their usaul negative opinions.

Juice16
04-05-2006, 08:24 AM
I think Bernstein is often irritating when with Boers, especially when he shows his cultural arrogance (ignorance) with the "bucktoothed hillbilly" stuff, regarding non-city folk.

However, I think Boers is the primary problem. When Boers was on vacation earlier this year, Bernstein was, I thought, a very enjoyable listen. Sometimes I think he can't help getting sucked into Boers' "if you disagree with me you're a stupid idiot" mantra -- which is about as unintellecutal as you can get.

I agree 100% with this. When Bersnie is by himself or a another co host, he seems completely different. I actually can listen to him at that point. I just can't stand them together and I blame Boers mostly for this.

kevin57
04-05-2006, 09:31 AM
I don't care for B&B at all.

I find Berstein intolerably arrogant and smug.

I wonder if Boers even follows sports very much. He rarely offers any insight or analysis that shows he's actually following the sports scene.

SoxFanPrope
04-05-2006, 12:05 PM
I'm personally a huge fan of the show. I think it is great, but I seem to hold certain opinions that are the same as theirs, and think most things that really aren't funny, are funny. I have a friend who has a man-crush on Bernsie, and Terry Boers is my hero.

SOXSINCE'70
04-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Dan? Is that you buddy? Don't you have a show to get ready for?

My name's not Dan.And why would a douche like Bernstein
waste time on a website that had too many people disagreeing
with him??:dunno: