PDA

View Full Version : Very interesting article about CLE plan

caulfield12
04-03-2006, 11:38 AM
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/bud_shaw/index.ssf?/base/sports/114405308696700.xml&coll=2

Looks like they are already getting nervous about Sabathia, as this is the second time he has suffered an abdominal strain.

Similar to Jenks, W. Alvarez or Bartolo Colon, this guy really needs to get in a little better shape before the season starts...he really had no excuses, as he specifically skipped the WBC so as not to interfere with the Indians´regular season.

Scottiehaswheels
04-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Contreras took less money. According to Williams, Contreras was grateful the Sox "saved my career."

What is this part? I have yet to see any article with KW stating that? I think this guy made up that part....

caulfield12
04-03-2006, 11:57 AM
Contreras took less money. According to Williams, Contreras was grateful the Sox "saved my career."

What is this part? I have yet to see any article with KW stating that? I think this guy made up that part....

I have seen it, it was in one of the three main Chicago papers....probably the Daily Southtown-SunTimes or the Daily Herald.

Basically, it came down to the fact that Contreras already said he was a rich man, that he was very happy in the Sox clubhouse and very grateful to be at home and with his family...and was grateful to the Sox for righting his career.

Maybe it was at Chisox.com, now that I think about it.

Scottiehaswheels
04-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Maybe it was at Chisox.com, now that I think about it.

huh.. must have glazed over that in my 2.5 hours of sleep induced haze.... LOL thanks

Rooney4Prez56
04-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Sabathia's gotta get better for the Tribe. Otherwise, what happens to the competition in the Central?