PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 4/3/06

Hangar18
04-03-2006, 10:58 AM
This has to be a 1st. What is that you ask? This has to be the first time in quite some time, seeing Jimbos being talked about at length, for anything.
Crazy? Jimbo mentioned that some tv time, got tourists from everywhere wanting to stop by, buy things etc. Amazing what a little MEDIA ATTENTION can do for a team/area. The white sox with all of the attention
have Caught up to the flubs, excellent. Of course, the first 3 game winning streak by them and all bets are off

Chicago Tribune:
1 cub story
6 sox stories
Chicago SunTimes:
3 cub story
7 sox story
Standings as of Monday April 3rd, 2006
Priviledged, Media-owned, Media-favored,
14 "winning" seasons in last 55 years ................Cubs 150

Underdog, Media-maligned, Media-ignored,
34 "winning" seasons in last 55 years...................SOX 151

itsnotrequired
04-03-2006, 10:59 AM
Sox are back on top!:gulp:

SoxFan76
04-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Sox are back on top!:gulp:

Just wait for the Cubs home opener. Get ready to puke over 11 stories about the "beautiful" Wrigley Field, ivy, Old Style, 7th inning stretch, etc.

kittle42
04-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Just wait for the Cubs home opener. Get ready to puke over 11 stories about the "beautiful" Wrigley Field, ivy, Old Style, 7th inning stretch, etc.

Let us not forget the historic Bud Light Bleachers.

SoxSpeed22
04-03-2006, 11:30 AM
Sox are back on top!:gulp:And all it took was winning a world series. Now if we could do that much more often...

Steelrod
04-03-2006, 11:42 AM
And all it took was winning a world series. Now if we could do that much more often...
...and the Cubs not playing!

Hangar18
04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
Cub writer and cubpogandist Mike "Yellow" Kiley today seems a bit miffed that other writers around the country dont share the same unabashed enthusiasm he does for the Cubs in October. Despite predictions of the opposite, Kiley seems to be a one-man gang and is trying to WILL the flubs into winning.

He laments that the Brewers "suddenly considered a fashionable pick as a team on the rise". Mr. Kiley doesnt seem to realize his cubbies invented the term Fashionable. This also marks the umpteenth time hes gratuitiously mentioned Juan Pierre and Jacque Jones, their stats, and what promise they bring to the team (almost as if Kiley has run out of things to say)

SOXPHILE
04-03-2006, 12:29 PM
But did he mention Juan Pierre ? That's the key. Because if Juan Pierre is the Juan Pierre that everyone knows Juan Pierre can be, then Juan Pierre will Juan Pierre during the season, and then Juan Pierre will also Juan Pierre Juan Pierre. Juan Pierre, and Huge Crowds At Historic Beautiful Wrigley Field will help Juan Pierre & the Cubs to a Juan Pierre Championship, because this year, it's their turn. Oh, and Juan Pierre.

robertks61
04-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Unlike previously reported by the Chicago Media, President Bush threw out the first pitch at the Cincinnati Reds Home Opener wearing a Cincinnati Reds dugout jacket.

palehozenychicty
04-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Unlike previously reported by the Chicago Media, President Bush threw out the first pitch at the Cincinnati Reds Home Opener wearing a Cincinnati Reds dugout jacket.
Nice.

MadetoOrta
04-03-2006, 02:58 PM
After seeing that ridiculous Juan Pierre McDonald's commercial, I'm boycotting McD's for awhile.

PaulDrake
04-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Just wait for the Cubs home opener. Get ready to puke over 11 stories about the "beautiful" Wrigley Field, ivy, Old Style, 7th inning stretch, etc. My favorite is the cubs and their "storied history"

MUsoxfan
04-03-2006, 03:32 PM
After seeing that ridiculous Juan Pierre McDonald's commercial, I'm boycotting McD's for awhile.

You should do that anyway for the sake of your heart

Hangar18
04-03-2006, 04:53 PM

Yup, I did the same, McD's goes on hangar-probation till the ASBreak.

Hangar18
04-03-2006, 04:54 PM
Unfortuneately, the Reds laid down today, so all the stories we made up
will be history tomorrow morning.

JohnBasedowYoda
04-03-2006, 08:23 PM

Do it for your health, not that Flub.

palehozenychicty
04-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Do it for your health, not that Flub.
Indeed, fear WacArnold's.