PDA

View Full Version : Cash Parking ????

chitown13
04-03-2006, 10:37 AM
Going to the game tomorrow and want some opinions on how the Cash Parking lots went yesterday? We'll be getting down there around 9:30 so any tips would greatly help

thanks

skottyj242
04-03-2006, 10:41 AM
I got there at 4:15 yesterday and was able to park in Lot L for cash and it was pretty easy. I was one of the last ones though, a buddy was there about twenty minutes after me and had to go to IIT. Another buddy of mine get down there at 3:15 and got a great spot in Lot F where we tailgated.

chitown13
04-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Can you tailgate in the cash lots?

chitown13
04-03-2006, 11:06 AM
How many hours before the game did the gates actually open? 3 hours?

Steelrod
04-03-2006, 11:14 AM
2 hours!

Black Jack 29
04-03-2006, 11:25 AM

Parking lot gates opened up at 3.

BeefyD
04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Must say, the parking was a joke. It was easy to get in with cash, however, my brother arrived at 3:30 and was allowed to pay cash for Lot F. When I got there at 4, Lot F had been changed to a green coupon only lot. So we parked in L with cash. By the time we were walking to the park around 4:30, they had stopped cash parking for L and had green coupon only for L.

So, I have no idea what their intentions are for parking. I feel bad for those cash people who had to drive by looking at Lots F and L half filled and being told they had to park elsewhere.

Sad
04-03-2006, 11:31 AM
I got there at 4:15 yesterday and was able to park in Lot L for cash and it was pretty easy. I was one of the last ones though, a buddy was there about twenty minutes after me and had to go to IIT. Another buddy of mine get down there at 3:15 and got a great spot in Lot F where we tailgated.

wow !
cash parking sold out 2 1/2 hours before game time
those lots (F & L) must not be very big...
?

I'm guessing no tailgating at the IIT lot?

I plan on getting there 3 hours early tomorrow...

IspepAloc
04-03-2006, 11:37 AM
I got their around 4:15 and they must have moved L to green pass by then and we we're being pushed to IIT. I ended up parking behind the currencty exchange on Pershing. Overall not bad there, but very muddy. I'm assuming that because it was Sunday & Opening Day that it was a complete mess. Here's to hoping tomorrow is better.

Boozer
04-03-2006, 11:49 AM
I was there just before four and they were not letting cash in at L or F anymore, maybe it depended on what gate you were at. I was on 38th street right between both lots & was redirected to the IIT lots. Took forever, total joke.
I saw people tailgating at the ITT lots, but not sure if it's actually alllowed or not.

downstairs
04-03-2006, 02:18 PM
Considering tomorrow is a much earlier game, and its a workday... any ideas on how long cash parking will last?

I'm thinking of getting there at 10.30am or 10.45am... too late?

pearso66
04-03-2006, 07:27 PM
I got there around 3:30 and got in easy to lot F with cash. It was still mostly empty.

bayzbol44
04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
CASH PARKING WAS A JOKE at the first game! I got on 35th street at about 3:50pm. I finally got to parking lot L at about 4:25pm and they just pushed us away. I had to park at IIT. I even had to park at the far parking lot at IIT.

TornLabrum
04-03-2006, 07:46 PM
One thing you need to keep in mind is that lots F and L also take green pre-paid tickets, so they're not going to allow them to fill up with cash customers. At least if the Sox are smart, they won't do that because their publicity says people with those passes are guaranteed a parking spot in one of those lots.

rocky biddle
04-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Yesterday I saw a lot on 35th just west of the Grandstand charging $40 for parking (last year they topped out at $20, even during the WS). The price of success I guess- or supply and demand at it's finest. The safest bet would be to get there right when the gates open.

jdm2662
04-03-2006, 08:41 PM
We got down there at 4:15 expecting F to be cash as it said on Whitesox.com. We were pissed off when we waited 20 mins to find out they weren't. The lot was still half empty, and it made no sense. It's one thing if they said only L would be cash, but don't say it is, if it isn't. We did park at IIT, and got to the park in plenty of time. Still, don't say something is, if it isn't. Hopefully, this is a one time thing. My advice is to call the box office 312-674-1000 to make sure, and hopefully, they won't change their minds...

TornLabrum
04-03-2006, 09:04 PM
We got down there at 4:15 expecting F to be cash as it said on Whitesox.com. We were pissed off when we waited 20 mins to find out they weren't. The lot was still half empty, and it made no sense. It's one thing if they said only L would be cash, but don't say it is, if it isn't. We did park at IIT, and got to the park in plenty of time. Still, don't say something is, if it isn't. Hopefully, this is a one time thing. My advice is to call the box office 312-674-1000 to make sure, and hopefully, they won't change their minds...

As I pointed out (and as it says on whitesox.com), F and L are cash and green permits. As I said before, they have to reserve a certain number of green permits because the Sox guarantee holders a place in one of those lots.