PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with a video of the opening celebrations?

Tempe
04-03-2006, 12:17 AM
I remember someone saying it was going to be shown on CSN. Of course I live nowhere near Chicago, so I could not get it. I was stuck with ESPN pregame show :(

Maybe someone captured it.... I was hoping I could find it on a torrent site (I'm not sure if this stuff can be discussed here), but no luck finding anything with the White Sox.

Tempe

gbergman
04-03-2006, 02:39 AM
yes i to would like to see this please

SOecks
04-03-2006, 09:29 AM
I have it in a view from the RF bleachers. I will upload it to yousendit.com now so you can download it. Haven't watched it yet though. Hope it turned out good.

oeo
04-03-2006, 10:11 AM
I would have it, if CSN did what they said they were going to do and show the video. :angry:

I have it up until the first banner is uncovered, because that's all CSN showed. They instead showed the covered banner with the music in the background for 30 seconds, then it was uncovered, they we watched another covered banner for 30 seconds.

It really made me angry what a terrible job CSN did in that whole show. They were unprepared and really got my hopes up for nothing.

SOecks
04-03-2006, 10:19 AM
I just watched my videos from at the game and they turned out great, especially coming from a digital camera. I'm zipping them now and they should be uploaded in a couple of hours. I'll post them as soon as they're finished uploading. Kudos to my brother for taking these videos while I took pics with my other camera. The flyover video is incredible. I can't believe he got it.

BeefyD
04-03-2006, 10:26 AM
I brought my video camera yesterday, from Sec. 506. Looked good on my little screen last night. I'll try to edit it down and upload it for all to enjoy. I know I got the opening video, missed the first banner drop, but got the rest. The flyby was awesome.

Will post it later tonight, hopefully...

Scotty Love
04-03-2006, 10:27 AM
I just watched my videos from at the game and they turned out great, especially coming from a digital camera. I'm zipping them now and they should be uploaded in a couple of hours. I'll post them as soon as they're finished uploading. Kudos to my brother for taking these videos while I took pics with my other camera. The flyover video is incredible. I can't believe he got it.

Ok , I'm not a computer expert. You said it will be a couple hours till you have it downloaded, thanks so much. Can you tell me where to go to downloud your vidoe so I can have my son do it for me. Thanks so much.

nlentz88
04-03-2006, 10:29 AM
I would have it, if CSN did what they said they were going to do and show the video. :angry:

I have it up until the first banner is uncovered, because that's all CSN showed. They instead showed the covered banner with the music in the background for 30 seconds, then it was uncovered, they we watched another covered banner for 30 seconds.

It really made me angry what a terrible job CSN did in that whole show. They were unprepared and really got my hopes up for nothing.

Seriously. You would think that the CSN people would have talked to the Sox people about the timing of the ceremony so that CSN cameras could have shown the video and then switched over to the banners as each cloth dropped. Instead we got to stare in anticipation at a blank cloth as the music swelled and the crowd cheered. Poorly done, CSN. Poorly done.

BeefyD
04-03-2006, 10:53 AM
Yeah, I mean, it kinda came as a suprise for me (when the banners would drop), but of course, CSN should have had the gameplan. :smile:

oeo
04-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I mean, it kinda came as a suprise for me (when the banners would drop), but of course, CSN should have had the gameplan. :smile:

At least the first part of the video, it said: Divisional Champions or something like that, then the banner was uncovered. Was it like that for the rest of the banners?

It cannot be that hard to get it together, CSN...their work is VERY amateur, it's almost like I'm watching a small town local television station. Even on the introductions, they had no idea where the starting lineup was coming from. The camera man was jumping around trying to find Podsednik.

And would it had really hurt them to skip "Heartland Poker Tour" for the first 15 minutes and let us see the rest of intro videos like they promised? They do a lot of good things, but like I said before, they're a very amateur program, no doubt.

BeefyD
04-03-2006, 11:50 AM
[quote=oeo]At least the first part of the video, it said: Divisional Champions or something like that, then the banner was uncovered. Was it like that for the rest of the banners?[quote]

Yes, that was the process for each banner. After the first one, I was able to catch the rest of them.

As for vids, I noticed there are a couple already at www.youtube.com (http://www.youtube.com), just search white sox.

SOecks
04-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Ok , I'm not a computer expert. You said it will be a couple hours till you have it downloaded, thanks so much. Can you tell me where to go to downloud your vidoe so I can have my son do it for me. Thanks so much.

I'll start a new thread when it's done uploading. There will be a web link in that thread. All you need to do is go to that link when I post it and download the file. It is a large file (about 500 Megabytes) so could take a bit to download depending on your speeds. It is a zip file but contains 4 separate videos. The 3 separate montage videos and the anthem with the flyover at the end (awesome).

SOecks
04-03-2006, 12:05 PM
I might put mine up on youtube as well. Not to toot my own horn, but my videos are a lot better than the ones on youtube right now so it will be worth your time.

BeefyD
04-03-2006, 12:42 PM
I might put mine up on youtube as well. Not to toot my own horn, but my videos are a lot better than the ones on youtube right now so it will be worth your time.

So it's in HD with Surround Sound?? SWEET. Just kidding. I can see 100 angles of the ceremony and not tire of it. Heck, I was excited just watching the WS video on the jumbotron, even though I've watched my DVD 100 times.

Tempe
04-03-2006, 10:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=SOecks

Found your videos!!!

Tempe
04-03-2006, 10:38 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WojYtPEUjaI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2RmwmnIjjrk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bzaKSAJSaL0

Tempe

kevingrt
04-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Very good youtube vids. Thanks for putting them up and youtube is awesome!

BeefyD
04-04-2006, 02:00 AM

SOecsks, between yours and mine, I think we got it covered! (Although I've only seen the 2 you posted on youtube).

Here's a link to mine. Flyover is darn right beautiful.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=beefyd

I'll probably only keep this public for a while.

irish rover
04-04-2006, 08:07 AM
"The Sound of Freedom"

illini81887
04-04-2006, 08:30 AM
is there any way you can put these files on CD

SOecks
04-04-2006, 09:25 AM
is there any way you can put these files on CD

I'm leaving in a bit to meet up with Realist at pdimas' tailgate around 10:30. I'll make a couple of cd's with the videos on it so if you're going to be there I'll give you one. If you want one send me a PM. I'm so mad I can't get the other two montage videos on youtube. They turned out great but are too big. Need to figure out how to shrink the files.

WhteSox725
04-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Is there a way to save a file from YouTube to your computer or can you only save it to your favorites on YouTube?