PDA

View Full Version : Rowand to attend ring ceremony

gr8mexico
04-02-2006, 07:44 PM
Aaron Rowand, OF PHI

News: Aaron Rowand plans to use Tuesday's day off to return to Chicago and pick up his World Series ring in a pregame ceremony before the White Sox host Cleveland. "It will be nice to thank the fans for the time I was able to spend there," Rowand said.

cbssportsline.com

South Side
04-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Fabulous! :wink:

zach074
04-02-2006, 08:29 PM
excellent.:smile:

bafiarocks03
04-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Absolutly Wonderful!

Any news on my William being there!??:(:

Erik The Red
04-02-2006, 11:28 PM
I wonder if he'll show up in a Sox jersey/cap so that the media can talk about it for a week straight.

anewman35
04-02-2006, 11:59 PM
From Phillies.com:

A familiar ring: Aaron Rowand has big plans for Tuesday's off-day. He'll fly to Chicago to receive his World Series ring with his former White Sox teammates.
"I couldn't have planned it any better," Rowand said. "It's important to pick up the hardware [in person], because you never know how many opportunities you're going to get."
Rowand spent the past five seasons with the White Sox and helped end Chicago's 88-year World Series drought last season. He said he doesn't plan to lock his jewelry away in a safety deposit box.
"I'm going to be flashing it around," Rowand said. "I earned that thing. I'm going to be wearing it. And if I lose it, I'll buy another one. If you lose it, you can have the company make another one. "I might say I lost it and get another one, and put that one away."

Baby Fisk
04-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I hope he walks out with his leather jacket, then opens it to reveal a Sox jersey underneath. :cool:

MVP
04-03-2006, 09:33 AM
That's great news. He's going to get a great ovation from the fans.

soxfanaticpaulie
04-03-2006, 10:06 AM
I was never a big Rowand fan, and I was outspoken about it. Just never liked him a the plate. He is a great CF though, and obviously a standup guy. I never thought I would be sad to see him go, but when a guy is part of the team that breaks up an 88 year drought, he gets a place in your heart. I will be on my feet cheering extra loud for him with everyone else tomorrow afternoon.:smile:

Whatever
04-03-2006, 10:09 AM
It was just announced...Rowand is going drive in from center field in his truck. He'll then emerge from the driver's seat, jump on the hood with microphone in-hand and say "Freddy Garcia will not be pitching today, he's having VISA problems and it has turned into a family emergency! Oh..and Go Bears!"

batmanZoSo
04-03-2006, 10:13 AM
I hope he walks out with his leather jacket, then opens it to reveal a Sox jersey underneath. :cool:

How about after he receives his ring, he pumps his fist into the air, then freezes for about 5 minutes as they roll credits in front of him to the tune of Don't You (Forget About Me)...:D:

soxfanaticpaulie
04-03-2006, 10:45 AM
How about after he receives his ring, he pumps his fist into the air, then freezes for about 5 minutes as they roll credits in front of him to the tune of Don't You (Forget About Me)...:D:

:rolling:

You know what Kenny gave Aaron for Christmas? Oh, it was a banner year at the old White Sox home. A plane ticket...that's right. Patted him on the arm and said, nice knowin' ya kid, have fun in Philly.

itsnotrequired
04-03-2006, 11:22 AM
How do we know that the real Rownd will be there?

Yesterday, Anderson traveled home to Chicago dressed entirely like Aaron Rowand, from his red shoes to a Phillies uniform.

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/2006/04/opening_night.html

Unregistered
04-03-2006, 11:38 AM
How do we know that the real Rownd will be there?

http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_the_white_sox/2006/04/opening_night.htmlI think Anderson likes this "dressing up" thing a little too much. If he keeps this up, it could turn into a big problem...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_435042.jpg

"Hey guys, check me out - a wig and high heels! Huh? Huh? Funny right? ...Guys?"

batmanZoSo
04-03-2006, 11:38 AM
:rolling:

You know what Kenny gave Aaron for Christmas? Oh, it was a banner year at the old White Sox home. A plane ticket...that's right. Patted him on the arm and said, nice knowin' ya kid, have fun in Philly.

Nice. :cool:

batmanZoSo
04-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I think Anderson likes this "dressing up" thing a little too much. If he keeps this up, it could turn into a big problem...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_435042.jpg

"Hey guys, check me out - a wig and high heels! Huh? Huh? Funny right? ...Guys?"

:redneck

This is the same guy who wears powder-blue polos because "the honies think I'm sensitive." :D:

anewman35
04-03-2006, 02:13 PM
According to Scott Reifert's blog:

Any former player who can make it -- Aaron, Duque, Willie, Vizcaino and Timo -- is going to attend. The rest have games.

Dolly
04-03-2006, 02:37 PM
So does that mean there's no truth to the rumor that Frank wasn't invited?

Unregistered
04-03-2006, 02:59 PM
So does that mean there's no truth to the rumor that Frank wasn't invited?If memory serves, that rumor was started by the same poster who said Rowand wasn't coming. Take that for what it's worth.

(No offense, poster.)

Hitmen77
04-03-2006, 10:27 PM
According to WGN TV, the Sox are giving Mary Frances Veeck a World Series ring. I don't know if that means she'll be at the ceremony tomorrow.