PDA

View Full Version : Hizzoner on the Score

irish rover
01-18-2002, 03:18 PM
The mayor was on the score today with North

North goes "So Mr. Mayor, are you going to the cub convention?", Without hesitation the Mayor says "No' lololo, He said it so fast. He then says"Com on Mike, you know I'm a sox fan, I like the cubs but I'm a sox fan" So they start to talk about the renovations at Wrigley and Solider field and they are talking and I forget what exactly they were talking about but the Mayor goes very very sarcasticly "You kow I'ver been there(wrigley) alot" lololo. Mike asks him how many times he's been there and the Mayor says "hmmmm, (then starts to counting slowly like on his fingers) 1, 2, 3, maybe 4 times. LOLOLOLOLO He's never been to a night game there. Though he's been more than that for bear games but he's only been to wrigley 4 times for baseball one was for an All-Star game

I luv this guy glad he is on our side

cheeses_h_rice
01-18-2002, 03:56 PM
He's like Rudy Guiliani, except he actually likes a worthwhile team.

:)

MikeKreevich
01-19-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
He's like Rudy Guiliani, except he actually likes a worthwhile team.

:) The only thing they have in common is the position they held. Ask a policeman or fireman what they think of him. And as far as I'm concerned, North's no Sox fan.

duke of dorwood
01-19-2002, 08:52 AM
North is an ignorant, arrogant northsider. He is NO Sox fan. Plus, he has no right being on the radio. He is EVERYTHING that is bad about the concept of "sports" radio.

chisoxt
01-19-2002, 09:21 AM
North is an ignorant, arrogant northsider. He is NO Sox fan. Plus, he has no right being on the radio. He is EVERYTHING that is bad about the concept of "sports" radio .

Actually, I believe the North is a huge Sox fan. But like other Sox fans, including me, he gets very disappointed when he team fails, especially when they are supposed to win. I think that you are right in one respect, though. Ahead of being a Sox fan, he understands that he is a rado personality whose livelihood depends on any kind of fan interest in Chicago teams. if it happens to be the Cubs, then so be it. Does that make hime less of a Sox fan? No, just a wealthy radio host who knows what side his bread is buttered on.

BTW, if you ever have the chance to meet the guy (North), do so. He is as nice and down to earth of a person you would ever want to meet.

cheeses_h_rice
01-19-2002, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
The only thing they have in common is the position they held. Ask a policeman or fireman what they think of him.

So what are you saying?

Jerry_Manuel
01-19-2002, 02:01 PM
So what are you saying?

I think he's saying that the fireman and policeman don't like Daley.

MikeKreevich
01-19-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I think he's saying that the fireman and policeman don't like Daley. Jerry, your powers of deduction are quite astute.

chisox1976
01-19-2002, 04:10 PM
North is an ignorant, arrogant northsider. He is NO Sox fan. Plus, he has no right being on the radio. He is EVERYTHING that is bad about the concept of "sports" radio.

I'm just curious why NORTH has no reason to be on the radio. I may not agree with what he says but, I have to admit that he is very good at his job. If anything he is what is good about sports radio. I would like to know who you like at the station because North is in the top two as far as sports radio goes, whether you like him or not.

Jerry_Manuel
01-19-2002, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Guzman's Goat
Jerry, your powers of deduction are quite astute.

I do what I can, Goat. :smile:

bc2k
01-20-2002, 03:51 AM
North is a white sox fan

cheeses_h_rice
01-20-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

I think he's saying that the fireman and policeman don't like Daley.

Um, yeah, I figured that much out. It's news to me, though.

Jerry_Manuel
01-20-2002, 01:39 PM
Um, yeah, I figured that much out. It's news to me, though.

Well, I look like quite the fool.

Viva Magglio
01-20-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
North is a white sox fan

North is a frontrunner. Remember when he was a season reservation holder with the Cubs? He continued to claim that he's a Sox fan and said the Cubs season tickets were for Bebe.