PDA

View Full Version : Bullpen Sports Bar

DaBears
04-02-2006, 04:44 PM
If you are sitting at one of the tables, there is Waitress Service, correct? Do they accept Credit Cards? I assume they open at the same time the gates open as well...

Sox of White
04-02-2006, 05:13 PM
I have heard different things about the bullpen sports bar, and I am finally 21 this year, so I would also like to know anything important about it. I plan on going for some of those games where I have seats way up in the upper deck.

dondosae1
04-03-2006, 12:21 AM
Yes, the bar opens at the sametime the gates open (90 minutes) before game time.

You can run a tab or pay as you go.

You have to be there quick if you want to sit on the outside tables. If not, you sit anywhere else. Basically, if it is at capacity outside, you get in as people leave. ie 2 people leave, the let 2 others in etc.

It is really great to watch warm-ups from there. Eddie Guardado actually had a conversation with me last year. Really cool to be that close. If we don't tailgate we usually head straight there...

Enjoy!:gulp:

Sox of White
04-10-2006, 10:52 PM
There a cover to get in or something? I heard there was for the patio part upstairs, but not the fence part?

skobabe8
04-10-2006, 11:33 PM
There a cover to get in or something? I heard there was for the patio part upstairs, but not the fence part?

You heard right. There is no admission to get into the bar. If you want to get one of the tables located up the staircase outside, you have to pay (i think $15 per person this season). The tables on field level behind the fence are free, first come first serve. But the upstairs tables are really cool. You get your own waitress and can run a tab if you like. And obviously the table is yours for the entire game.

chisoxfanatic
04-11-2006, 01:18 AM
The tables are awesome. My boyfriend and I sat up there for the White Sox/Red Sox Saturday night fireworks game last August. We had a blast. The food is the same as the food they offer at Patio Parties. You'll see a menu taped to each of the tables.

The drink selection is more extensive obviously those mini-bars on the concourse.

Sox of White
04-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Awesome, thanks for the info guys!

sox420fan
04-11-2006, 09:50 AM
The tables are definitely the best place to watch the game. It is worth the $15 to sit there.:gulp:

the gooch
04-11-2006, 11:49 PM
get a hot dog there. theyre huge! they also come with a bag of potato chips and a side of either potato salad or coleslaw for only $4.50 ish. best of all is the table where you can get all the chicago toppings. mustard, onions, relish, tomatoes, sport peppers. i go there as soon as i get to the park, watch some warmups while i eat a dog, then go to my seat.

geraldfritz
04-12-2006, 09:14 AM
ya, the bullpen sports bar is great. I was there on opening night and stayed the whole game there. It kinda sucked though, because before they restarted the game, the closed the bar, but we complained that we wanted our money back if we werent able to sit back up there, but they allowed us to. It was too bad that they stopped serving though. but other than that time, i have had nothing but great experiences sitting there, and i am a little pissed that the sox are selling half of those tables to season ticket holders and are supposed to sell all of them in the next few years. I guess there will always be stub-hub.com

JohnTucker0814
04-12-2006, 09:24 AM
Is there a minimum that you have to buy to sit in the bar? If you only buy a dog and a few drinks, are you okay for the entire game?

Soxfest
04-12-2006, 10:10 AM
To pay for ticket ( not cheap anymore) and then $15.00 more is a bit much to ask of people IMO.

sox420fan
04-12-2006, 10:50 AM
I agree that the 15 extra bucks to sit there is a little excessive and it should be first come...first served. But I do recommend at least one time sitting there for a game.

Hangar18
04-12-2006, 12:04 PM
I have heard different things about the bullpen sports bar, and I am finally 21 this year, so I would also like to know anything important about it.

Unfortuneately, you will be shocked at just how sterile looking it is in there, its very disappointing. It looks like a warehouse in Bridgeview, with some TVS, a couple of pinwheels stuck to the wall and chairs for beer drinking. They really need to make it look a lot more like a bar and less like the basement of a parking garage

kninchicago
04-12-2006, 12:06 PM
Is there a minimum that you have to buy to sit in the bar? If you only buy a dog and a few drinks, are you okay for the entire game?

No minimum. Buy whatever you want.

Theanticub
04-12-2006, 12:56 PM
There IS a waitstaff....but when they get busy it's a lost cause. My recommendation is when they come around...grab 2 drinks per person. Most of the waitresses will allow you to do so. I can't remember if they take credit cards, so sorry can't help ya there.

Hangar18
04-12-2006, 12:57 PM
There IS a waitstaff....but when they get busy it's a lost cause. My recommendation is when they come around...grab 2 drinks per person. Most of the waitresses will allow you to do so. I can't remember if they take credit cards, so sorry can't help ya there.

Thats a good point, as soon as the park is full, the waitresses are gone nowhere to be found, so order as many as you can, you'lll be glad you did.
I once sat there, and waited 3 innings before I finally got drinks.

Theanticub
04-12-2006, 02:24 PM
Thats a good point, as soon as the park is full, the waitresses are gone nowhere to be found, so order as many as you can, you'lll be glad you did.
I once sat there, and waited 3 innings before I finally got drinks.

Yeah, same thing happend to us..we had a table of 4, and we got one beer right before first pitch, nothing till the third. We got smart and ordered two per person, and had one of us go up to the bar.

chisoxfanatic
04-12-2006, 03:05 PM
The tables are definitely the best place to watch the game. It is worth the $15 to sit there.:gulp:

I don't know about that. The seats just behind the Sox dugout are pretty sweet, I'd say. Isn't that right, ChiSoxGirl, itsnotrequired, robiwho, DumpJerry, chisoxmike, and soxstarter?