PDA

View Full Version : King George proving

Daver
01-18-2002, 01:58 PM
That he is going to outspend everyone else in baseball.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/690218.asp

czalgosz
01-18-2002, 02:10 PM
This one could come back to bite Steinbrenner if it's for longer than 2 or 3 years. Posada's 30 and his best years are behind him. It's extraordinarily rare for a catcher to still be productive both behind the plate and with the bat into his thirties, and Posada isn't Johnny Bench.

But hell, I'm sure that Steinbrenner could pay Posada $10 Mill a year for the rest of his life and wouldn't miss it.

Paulwny
01-18-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
This one could come back to bite Steinbrenner if it's for longer than 2 or 3 years. Posada's 30 and his best years are behind him. It's extraordinarily rare for a catcher to still be productive both behind the plate and with the bat into his thirties

I'm not so sure, Posada was originally a ss and was converted to a catcher in the minors. His knees haven't gone through the rigors most catchers have gone through at the same age.
A lot of money to a guy who almost broke the al record for passed balls last year.

RichH55
01-18-2002, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

I'm not so sure, Posada was originally a ss and was converted to a catcher in the minors. His knees haven't gone through the rigors most catchers have gone through at the same age.
A lot of money to a guy who almost broke the al record for passed balls last year.

Still good catching is hard to find...anyone think that if Henson doesnt pan out we see the Yanks make a big pitch for Rolen eventually?

oldcomiskey
01-18-2002, 05:06 PM
whose gonna pitch--damn its like Atlanta and Arizonas staff---the arms are old

Paulwny
01-18-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Still good catching is hard to find

Posada is a good hitter but a below ave catcher. David Cone always wanted someone besides Posada catching him, can't handle splitters in the dirt.