PDA

View Full Version : Real Men of Genius

SouthSide_HitMen
04-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Mr. Only Decent Tribune Writer!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0604020315apr02,1,4389682.column?coll=chi-news-col

John Kass
What loyal Sox fan wants--to go fishing

Sox marketing boss Brooks Boyer told me that this new video he has planned for Sunday night will make me emotional for sure.

"You'll cry. It's going to make you cry but that's good; it is emotional," Boyer said. "It's going to recap what happened last year, then we'll unveil our banners and recognize the championship."

MarySwiss
04-02-2006, 02:22 PM

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0604020315apr02,1,4389682.column?coll=chi-news-col

John Kass

Sox marketing boss Brooks Boyer told me that this new video he has planned for Sunday night will make me emotional for sure.

"You'll cry. It's going to make you cry but that's good; it is emotional," Boyer said. "It's going to recap what happened last year, then we'll unveil our banners and recognize the championship."

Glad you posted this. I was going to after I read it, but I got sidetracked. I love the part where he talked about the smile on Sox fans' faces; we all know EXACTLY what he means! It looks something like this. :D:

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2006, 02:23 PM

John Kass

"You'll cry. It's going to make you cry but that's good; it is emotional," Boyer said. "It's going to recap what happened last year, then we'll unveil our banners and recognize the championship."If he's so smart, how come he's going fishing?:?:

MarySwiss
04-02-2006, 02:25 PM
If he's so smart, how come he's going fishing?:?:

He writes about fishing a lot; I guess it's a passion of his. Then again, I'm passionate about volleyball, but I'm sure as hell not playing tonight!

Fenway
04-02-2006, 02:29 PM
This Red Sox fan can smile as I know what he means about not being negative. Feeling still holds a year later. Winning changes everything.

But Mr. Kass the fish will be there tomorrow or next week, a night like tonight doesn't come along very often. I'm sure there was some Sox fan who decided to go fishing and miss the 1918 home opener. :tongue:

SouthSide_HitMen
04-03-2006, 05:23 AM
This Red Sox fan can smile as I know what he means about not being negative. Feeling still holds a year later. Winning changes everything.

But Mr. Kass the fish will be there tomorrow or next week, a night like tonight doesn't come along very often. I'm sure there was some Sox fan who decided to go fishing and miss the 1918 home opener. :tongue:

He is tied up with the Ryan trial and thus could only go away during the weekend when the jury was out.

Most fans left before play resumed at 11:20 after the 3 hour rain delay. I'd say there were about 3 or 4 thousand on hand for the final 5 innings. I didn't get home until 2:30. It was worth it to me but not if I had to work on Monday.

Great ceremony, great videos, great White Sox win. Plus they featured Sox Pride and the World Series DVD during the rain delay which was cool.

The only bad note outside of the delay was Nancy went home before play resumed. They played a tape of Take Me Out to the Ballgame but no tape of Na Na Na Na when Indian pitchers were removed. :(:

Ol' No. 2
04-03-2006, 05:24 PM
He is tied up with the Ryan trial and thus could only go away during the weekend when the jury was out.

Most fans left before play resumed at 11:20 after the 3 hour rain delay. I'd say there were about 3 or 4 thousand on hand for the final 5 innings. I didn't get home until 2:30. It was worth it to me but not if I had to work on Monday.

Great ceremony, great videos, great White Sox win. Plus they featured Sox Pride and the World Series DVD during the rain delay which was cool.

The only bad note outside of the delay was Nancy went home before play resumed. They played a tape of Take Me Out to the Ballgame but no tape of Na Na Na Na when Indian pitchers were removed. :(:No she didn't. I saw her in her booth during the 7th inning stretch. I have no idea why there was no Na Na Na, though.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-03-2006, 05:38 PM
No she didn't. I saw her in her booth during the 7th inning stretch. I have no idea why there was no Na Na Na, though.

If she was there, why was she not allowed to play the organ after the delay. I heard the organ until the rain delay and then nada. I wonder who makes these decisions. If Nancy is at the game, she should be allowed to play.

Ol' No. 2
04-03-2006, 05:43 PM
If she was there, why was she not allowed to play the organ after the delay. I heard the organ until the rain delay and then nada. I wonder who makes these decisions. If Nancy is at the game, she should be allowed to play.Dear Brooks...