PDA

View Full Version : How you gonna Kill Time before Game Time?

SoxEd
04-02-2006, 11:08 AM
So, over here, I at least get a superlative wildlife show (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/planetearth/) on TV at 9pm, then Fight Club on TV at 10.50pm, which will take me right up to the Live coverage, which starts at 12.50am tomorrow morning.

All I have to do is fill the time until 9pm really (it's currently just after 5pm).

What will those of you not lucky enough to be going to Comiskey be doing to kill time before Opening Night gets underway?

Guy: What you doin' Jim?

Jim White: I'm Killing time, but it just won't die...

SectionBNole
04-02-2006, 11:10 AM
MLB '06: The Show. :redneck

sox_fan_forever
04-02-2006, 11:13 AM
So far the only thing I've done is read WSI. :redneck

Maybe later I will pop in one of the 2005 DVDs. I really should do homework, since that's not happening tonight.

oeo
04-02-2006, 11:20 AM
So far the only thing I've done is read WSI. :redneck

Maybe later I will pop in one of the 2005 DVDs. I really should do homework, since that's not happening tonight.

Yeah, I've got homework to do to "pass the time", if any of it gets done we'll see. So far it's after 12 and I still don't have anything done. :(:

Boozer
04-02-2006, 11:22 AM
Watch the rain drops...:angry:

SOXintheBURGH
04-02-2006, 11:23 AM
Relive the 05 glory with a World Series DVD or two and a case of beer.

itsnotrequired
04-02-2006, 11:23 AM
I still need to go grocery shopping then I'll probably watch some of the DVDs.

jenn2080
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
I am watching my Sox Pride Video right now and now watching the Rain fall. Stupid Mother Nature!!!!!!!! She aint ruining my tailgate party

NSSoxFan
04-02-2006, 11:26 AM
For those of you in the city, come and kill some time at the Greek Parade in Greektown at 2:30!

:cool:

SoxEd
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
Relive the 05 glory with a World Series DVD or two and a case of beer.

That WS DVD is ONLY available in NTSC format.

UK TV's are all on the German PAL system.
:whiner:

I hope you guys can Feel my Pain...

Or, could I buy it and watch it on my PC?
[Screws his tiny fists up really tight, and hopes for a 'yes'...]

If the answer to this IS 'yes', then what techno-gubbins would I need?
E.g. an NTSC TV-card?

itsnotrequired
04-02-2006, 11:27 AM
I am watching my Sox Pride Video right now and now watching the Rain fall. Stupid Mother Nature!!!!!!!! She aint ruining my tailgate party

Radar looks good right now. There is a band passing through right now and there is nothing behind it. Of course, that could all change at a moments notice.

robertks61
04-02-2006, 11:47 AM
I'll be packing the cooler with brats & beer soon, leaving home at 2pm.

MySoxAreClean
04-02-2006, 11:47 AM
Chuck Norris greatest Hits!:gulp:

soxfanreggie
04-02-2006, 11:50 AM
After reading the WSI book that was at the Notre Dame bookstore, I cried...so I will probably read that again. I bought my dad a copy and bookmarked my entry. I will probably get that packaged up to send to him.

I, like others, have homework-four exams next week...but highly doubt any of them get studied for tonight!

tick53
04-02-2006, 11:56 AM
Pray For Good Weather:praying:

dakuda
04-02-2006, 11:56 AM
That WS DVD is ONLY available in NTSC format.

UK TV's are all on the German PAL system.
:whiner:

I hope you guys can Feel my Pain...

Or, could I buy it and watch it on my PC?
[Screws his tiny fists up really tight, and hopes for a 'yes'...]

If the answer to this IS 'yes', then what techno-gubbins would I need?
E.g. an NTSC TV-card?
It would probably play fine, except that it is a Region 1 disc and you in Region 2. :(:

I am sure thatthere is software around that though. The DVD drive in your computer shouldn't care if it is NTSC or PAL.

SoxEd
04-02-2006, 12:07 PM
It would probably play fine, except that it is a Region 1 disc and you in Region 2. :(:

I am sure thatthere is software around that though. The DVD drive in your computer shouldn't care if it is NTSC or PAL.
Oh, there are plenty of 'Region' hacks out there, that doesn't worry me...

I'm more concerned that I don't shell-out my colossal £9 (plus steenkin' Import Duty. I also have then to pay 'Value-Added Tax' on the item. i.e. HMG is going to charge me Tax for the service they furnished me by charging me Import Duty :angry:. Rip Off Britain!) for something that I can't ever watch because of the NTSC format.

rwcescato
04-02-2006, 12:13 PM
So, over here, I at least get a superlative wildlife show (http://www.bbc.co.uk/nature/animals/planetearth/) on TV at 9pm, then Fight Club on TV at 10.50pm, which will take me right up to the Live coverage, which starts at 12.50am tomorrow morning.

All I have to do is fill the time until 9pm really (it's currently just after 5pm).

What will those of you not lucky enough to be going to Comiskey be doing to kill time before Opening Night gets underway?

Guy: What you doin' Jim?

Jim White: I'm Killing time, but it just won't die...

Right now I have the game 4 ws on the radio for Rooney and Farmer and have the taped game in simulcast on tv. My friends are coming over at 1:30 and we will head to the park in a nice RV. GO SOX!!!!!:)

The Racehorse
04-02-2006, 12:25 PM
How am I going to kill time before tonight's game? Since I just got back from the gym, I going to get cleaned up. Then it's out the door to visit my Mom at a nursing home for a few hours. Then a walk downtown to a sports bar to watch the game on the big screen. Life is great!

BTW, today I've made a point to fly my Sox car flag. It's my small part in representing the start of defending the WS championship in this area of the country.

GO SOX!

The Racehorse
04-02-2006, 12:37 PM
For those of you in the city, come and kill some time at the Greek Parade in Greektown at 2:30!

:cool:

Knock back a shot of ouzo for me. :smile:

SOecks
04-02-2006, 12:46 PM
Why don't you buy the dvd and hope it works in the computer. If it doesn't, you could see if you could download a copy via bittorrent or LimeWire which should work fine.

SoLongFrank
04-02-2006, 12:51 PM
I'm a big NASCAR fan too. I'm waiting for the day the White Sox sponsor a team. That logo would look so wicked out on the track. :cool:

Then I'll drive my hybrid over to the Metra station & ride on down. Walk over to the Orange Line, take it to the green line & ride on over to IIT. Meet up with some frat buddies & walk on over to the park.

Please JR do it! Partner with NASCAR! Get the best logo in MLB on a car in the race at Chicagoland Speedway!

JohnBasedowYoda
04-02-2006, 12:52 PM
I went to milwaukee sat. night and got trashed :drunken:

goon
04-02-2006, 01:01 PM
MLB '06: The Show. :redneck

MVP Baseball with updated rosters.

i already played a simulation game last night between the indians and white sox at US Cellular. don't worry you can all relax, if the simulation stays true to life, which is always the case, the white sox should win 5-1. also on wednesday, jose should pitch a perfect game with 16 strikeouts in a 9-0 victory.

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2006, 01:03 PM
MVP Baseball with updated rosters.

i already played a simulation game last night between the indians and white sox at US Cellular. don't worry you can all relax, if the simulation stays true to life, which is always the case, the white sox should win 5-1. also on wednesday, jose should pitch a perfect game with 16 strikeouts in a 9-0 victory.Thanks for the tip. There are still tickets available for Wednesday. I wouldn't want to miss Jose's perfecto.:tongue:

depy48
04-02-2006, 01:05 PM
Grill + Drink + Break out the new Jon Garland jersey = :cool:

I want Mags back
04-02-2006, 01:29 PM
im here on the Worlds greatest website:D:

dakuda
04-02-2006, 01:34 PM
Oh, there are plenty of 'Region' hacks out there, that doesn't worry me...

I'm more concerned that I don't shell-out my colossal 9 (plus steenkin' Import Duty. I also have then to pay 'Value-Added Tax' on the item. i.e. HMG is going to charge me Tax for the service they furnished me by charging me Import Duty :angry:. Rip Off Britain!) for something that I can't ever watch because of the NTSC format.

What about someone here buying it, then shipping it?

SectionBNole
04-02-2006, 01:44 PM
I guess I could work on some books that I havent read yet...

chisoxfanatic
04-02-2006, 01:54 PM
Tailgate with Jen, Cyndi, Robin, Bob, and possibly others. Then, taking in all of the championship banner ceremony stuff.

SectionBNole
04-02-2006, 02:38 PM
Now I'm listening to the FSU / UNC baseball game online.

itsnotrequired
04-02-2006, 03:11 PM
The era of time killing is over! Time to commence game activities! Leaving for the ballpark in T-minus 3...2...1...and I'm gone.

See you all down at the park!

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

1951Campbell
04-02-2006, 03:21 PM
Laundry. Read the Sunday New York Times*. Watched a little Philles/Red Sox.

*Murray Chass picks the Sox to finish 3rd, by the way.

JoeClutch24
04-02-2006, 03:28 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/common/images/lbox/281444b.jpg

OkStateSox
04-02-2006, 03:30 PM
I'm listening to the OSU/A&M baseball game. I would have gone but I slept through the first 3 innings. We were up 8-1, I go to lunch and we are up 9-8, our relief pitching is worse than bad. If we had bad pitching rather than absolutley horrible pitching we would have only lost 2 or 3 games all year.

JUribe1989
04-02-2006, 03:43 PM
Definitely killing time by watching the playoffs box set. 53 dollars well spent.

DaveIsHere
04-02-2006, 05:35 PM
Ha, my wife just bought me the Box set, watching that and drinkning some beers, hopefully the weather holds off:D:

Deebs14
04-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Studying.

Actually just chilling here before I head out and buy some brew before the game. :gulp:

TDog
04-02-2006, 05:42 PM
Unfortunately, I have to go into work (6 p.m. to 3 a.m., Chicago time). Not only is ESPN inconveniencing fans going to the game by putting this game at night at the beginning of April in Chicago, but the scheduling is making it impossible for me to get anything but a final score some hours from now.

RedFoxSoxFan
04-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Before I went to a local ice cream shop and showed off my "new colors" aka a world series Bobby Jenks jersey that I got for christmas. Final Hour- im gonna play some MLB'06 on ps2.