PDA

View Full Version : New Video Intro

Pasqua's Posers
04-02-2006, 07:28 AM
I'm betting the Sox intro video will be the same until after all the ceremonies are complete (banner raising, etc.). I bet they include images of last year's playoff run and it ends with a picture of the trophy being hoisted or the WS banner.

That music and intro is AWESOME!!!!

Today is a great day! :gulp:

TornLabrum
04-02-2006, 07:46 AM
I'm betting the Sox intro video will be the same until after all the ceremonies are complete (banner raising, etc.). I bet they include images of last year's playoff run and it ends with a picture of the trophy being hoisted or the WS banner.

That music and intro is AWESOME!!!!

Today is a great day! :gulp:

I thought I heard Brooks say yesterday on White Sox Weekly that the new video would be introduced tonight.

bayzbol44
04-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Thinking about the new video, trophy and banner, just gave me the chills.

Beer Can Chicken
04-02-2006, 09:29 AM
In today's paper, John Kass says Brooks told him that the video will be new and it will make you cry.

bayzbol44
04-02-2006, 09:38 AM
Please don't make me cry again.

Steelrod
04-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Please don't make me cry again.
It's ok to cry. Cring in this case is a good thing!

TheOldRoman
04-02-2006, 11:02 AM
In today's paper, John Kass says Brooks told him that the video will be new and it will make you cry.
Well, Brooks was on Chicago Tribune Live and he mentioned the new video would make everyone cry. However, I think he was talking about a one time special tribute video during the pregame ceremonies today. I am not sure if they are redoing the daily pregame video from last year - though at very least they would have to add a lot of clips from last year.

oeo
04-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Well, Brooks was on Chicago Tribune Live and he mentioned the new video would make everyone cry. However, I think he was talking about a one time special tribute video during the pregame ceremonies today. I am not sure if they are redoing the daily pregame video from last year - though at very least they would have to add a lot of clips from last year.
At least it's on TV so...we can all record it and we'll have it forever.

DSpivack
04-02-2006, 11:25 AM
At least it's on TV so...we can all record it and we'll have it forever.

It will be?

Mots09
04-02-2006, 11:52 AM
I just got done listening to the Rooney montgae and that got me choked up

Ol' No. 2
04-02-2006, 01:11 PM
Please don't make me cry again.http://i.rollingstone.com/assets/rs/95/72865/images/00099308.jpg Do I have to say it again?

oeo
04-02-2006, 01:12 PM
It will be?
Yes, Comcast is playing all the videos that are played at the Cell during their pre-game show.

DSpivack
04-02-2006, 01:14 PM
Yes, Comcast is playing all the videos that are played at the Cell during their pre-game show.

Is there any way an out-of-towner can watch it?

oeo
04-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Is there any way an out-of-towner can watch it?

I don't think so, I'll try to get it up online sometime tomorrow if I can for those who will not be able to see it.

Lip Man 1
04-02-2006, 01:23 PM
Because this is not a 'game' Comcast Sports Chicago will not be blacked out so if you have a satellite you should be able to watch it freely. It'll be on in Idaho between 5 and 6 pm during the expanded Comcast Sports News Show.

Lip

soxfanreggie
04-02-2006, 06:57 PM
Already have goosebumpbs. Someone definitley needs to get a link to this online.

zmz723
04-02-2006, 07:06 PM
no more thunderstruck???

anewman35
04-02-2006, 07:13 PM
no more thunderstruck???

That was just for opening day. They did Thunderstruck too.

SectionBNole
04-02-2006, 07:19 PM
I need to see that video. Im stuck in FL though:(:

mike squires
04-02-2006, 09:21 PM
They did not show the entire montage on Comcast. They showed only a few moments of it at the beginning but they cut to the flags and showed some of the guys stretching.

I did like the ESPN montage they showed with a song I cannot identify. They were having some of the players say I can't wait to play baseball again and see everyone again...The song was great.

Bobbo35
04-03-2006, 07:11 AM
They did not show the entire montage on Comcast. They showed only a few moments of it at the beginning but they cut to the flags and showed some of the guys stretching.

I did like the ESPN montage they showed with a song I cannot identify. They were having some of the players say I can't wait to play baseball again and see everyone again...The song was great.

I'll tell you what, from the moment the video came on for the raising ceremony I had a lump in my throat that made it hard to swallow and my eyes were welling up so much it was hard to see. It was a great!!

SOecks
04-03-2006, 08:45 AM
I was there and ready for a great video but was still blown away. I cried like a little girl and didn't really care. Also got video of the entire thing from the RF bleachers so can put it up later if anyone wants it.

Dan Mega
04-03-2006, 09:17 AM
I'd love to see that video.

johnnyg83
04-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Anybody know what the song was at the end of the ESPN montage? It was on the end of the Sopranos the week before too.

Chip Z'nuff
04-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Ozzie said that seeing Chico up on the big screen during the intro wrecked his day. That has to be the best compliment the sox marketing department can get.

SouthSide_HitMen
04-03-2006, 11:15 AM
Well, Brooks was on Chicago Tribune Live and he mentioned the new video would make everyone cry.

It will make FitzSimons, MacPhail et al cry when we start taking fans from his ballpark and they lose millions in bonus money. :redneck

Great videos. I don't think they will play all three before everygame - just the final one which was similar to last years but updated for the postseason (as it was shown during the World Series with World Series moments inserted).

I wish this package was offered on DVD (like on Sox Pride or something).

Great job as always White Sox Production team / Brooks Boyer.