PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck Sox in 2006

uksoxfan
04-02-2006, 06:11 AM
Best wishes & good luck to all the players,staff & fans for 2006. Here's hoping for a repeat of last year.

I hope the weather doesn't spoil todays opener ( especially as I've taken a day off work monday so I can watch the game live!!)

I'm coming over in september so I hope to catch up with some old friends & maybe meet some new ones during the Indians homestand then.

Cheers.:gulp:

GO SOX.

South Sider
04-02-2006, 06:31 AM
Ok.
We european guys are far ahead in time (5-6 hours). :smile: :smile:

Best wishes and good health to all the Sox players, empoyees and fans around the world from the biggest fan in Germany !

I would love to be at US Cellular tonight but can't make it for the obvious reasons :D: .

But I will watch the game on TV and hope to see a great ceremony as well as the first win of many many wins to come for the Sox.

GO SOX !!!!

SoxandtheCityTee
04-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Thanks, uk and SS, for the love from across the water. We will represent you well. At least the opener is on ESPN!

SoxEd
04-02-2006, 12:10 PM
I hope the weather doesn't spoil todays opener ( especially as I've taken a day off work monday so I can watch the game live!!)

Me too - I really hope the Weather doesn't banjax tonight's entertainment - and mean I've wasted a day off - although five's TV team are usually pretty good at coping with them, and will probably have a proper Season Preview prepared in case of Weather.

Go, Go White Sox!

bgpoppapaul
04-02-2006, 02:30 PM
Opening day of course is always special, but this one goes beyond anything I ever imagined. There's nothing like waking up and knowing that the entire baseball universe is jealous of the White Sox as we begin our title defense :D: I have James Earl Jones running through my mind......"The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been base-balllll".

uksoxfan
04-02-2006, 02:35 PM
[quote=S although five's TV team are usually pretty good at coping with them, and will probably have a proper Season Preview prepared in case of Weather.

I know what you mean.......5 TV's coverage is pretty good, but if there's a rain delay we may miss the end of the game when 5's breakfast schedule kicks in. Did you watch WS Game 3 live when they stayed with the game until the end which was 7.30am GMT & the kiddies morning shows were disrupted. I was pretty wrecked at work that day.......but it was worth it.

SoxEd
04-02-2006, 05:44 PM
I know what you mean.......5 TV's coverage is pretty good, but if there's a rain delay we may miss the end of the game when 5's breakfast schedule kicks in. Did you watch WS Game 3 live when they stayed with the game until the end which was 7.30am GMT & the kiddies morning shows were disrupted. I was pretty wrecked at work that day.......but it was worth it.

I took the week off - thank heavens!

My respect for five went through the roof when they dropped Milkshake, during Half-Term, to stick with the WS coverage.
Can you imagine the numer of complaints they must have received from angry mothers of young kids?

And a special mention for JG, who had to host Brainteaser in Bristol at noon.
I slept through the Brainteaser slot, and I was only watching the game, not working through it!

SOXintheBURGH
04-02-2006, 06:12 PM
:gulp:

I love when the Englishmen have back-and-forths in the clubhouse. I want more!

:cheers:

(I'm drinking Bass tonight, btw).

uksoxfan
04-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Well we certainly got a rain delay..............5 certainly couldn't cancel that many tv programmes this time!

I've just watched the game again on mlb tv. Well done to the team & all those hardy souls who stayed until the end.

SoxEd
04-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Jon Miller's call of JT's homer was priceless IMO.
:D: