PDA

View Full Version : Frank Update

RKMeibalane
04-01-2006, 08:00 PM
Frank Thomas hit his second home run of ST in a win over the Giants in the Battle of the Bay exhibition series. It looks like he's ready to go on Monday night. Is anyone else going to tune in for his A's debut?

itsnotrequired
04-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Frank Thomas hit his second home run of ST in a win over the Giants in the Battle of the Bay exhibition series. It looks like he's ready to go on Monday night. Is anyone else going to tune in for his A's debut?

I'll try and check it out. Comcast digital cable has a preview of MLB Extra Innings this week.

RKMeibalane
04-01-2006, 08:12 PM
I'll try and check it out. Comcast digital cable has a preview of MLB Extra Innings this week.

The game is also televised on ESPN2.

oeo
04-01-2006, 08:16 PM

The question is whether he can stay healthy. It's good he's ready to go, but can he stay healthy for the full season?

Scottiehaswheels
04-01-2006, 08:20 PM
The question is whether he can stay healthy. It's good he's ready to go, but can he stay healthy for the full season? I hope at least til the end of May so we can see him back at the park...

RKMeibalane
04-01-2006, 08:21 PM
The question is whether he can stay healthy. It's good he's ready to go, but can he stay healthy for the full season?

We'll see. The A's are planning to bring him along slowly. I haven't looked at the pitching matchups for the Yankees series beyond Opening Night (Zito vs. Johnson), but I would imagine that Macha will rest him against pitchers he normally doesn't hit well.

StockdaleForVeep
04-01-2006, 08:39 PM
accordin to yahoo, thomas is startin the 1st 2 games of the season

RKMeibalane
04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
accordin to yahoo, thomas is startin the 1st 2 games of the season

That makes sense. Mussina- whom Frank has killed- is starting the second game.

santo=dorf
04-01-2006, 09:05 PM
He also started a game at SS. :o:
Frank Thomas drew the start at shortstop for the A's on Friday night and struck out in his lone at-bat against the Giants.
As you might have guessed, Thomas never actually took the field. Thomas batted in the top of the first and was replaced by Bobby Crosby in the bottom of the inning.

RKMeibalane
04-01-2006, 09:10 PM

I saw that this morning and smiled. It's a move almost reminiscent of...

:jerry

*TINKER* *TINKER* *TINKER*

SoLongFrank
04-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Macha does have an engineering degree so I'm not surprised. I wonder if he plans to do that often this season. Instead of resting Thomas more he'll just 1 bat him. :cool:

Brian26
04-01-2006, 10:27 PM

:dye:

"He's got nothing on me."

CubKilla
04-01-2006, 11:06 PM
:whocares

mjmcend
04-01-2006, 11:35 PM
:whocares

He is one of the favorite players of many people here, and a lot of us want to see him succeed. He is a huge part of why I love the Sox so much, and my appreciation of him as a hitter won't change no matter what team he is on.

Nellie_Fox
04-02-2006, 03:34 AM
He is one of the favorite players of many people here, and a lot of us want to see him succeed. He is a huge part of why I love the Sox so much, and my appreciation of him as a hitter won't change no matter what team he is on.Thank you.

Steelrod
04-02-2006, 07:06 AM
It's really sad that he's been a manchild his entire career. I wish him well, yet feel sorry that he didn't become the icon he could have been. Finish with class, Frank. We'll see you in Cooperstown some day!

The Critic
04-02-2006, 09:22 AM
He is one of the favorite players of many people here, and a lot of us want to see him succeed. He is a huge part of why I love the Sox so much, and my appreciation of him as a hitter won't change no matter what team he is on.

Well said.
...unless he was on the Twins, that is...:D:

SOXSINCE'70
04-02-2006, 10:06 AM

I wish I had the money to afford "Extra Innings" for more than a week.:(:

RKMeibalane
04-02-2006, 04:48 PM
Frank is playing a game in a National League park. :o:

Nevermind. The A's are using the DH since it's only an exhibition game.